“Really Enjoyed Our Stay!”
Review of City Centre Hotel

City Centre Hotel
Ranked #97 of 275 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We stayed 3 nights in Feb 2013. The staff were lovely, friendly and attentive. Our shower head broke off on day 1 but by the time we returned from our first few hours out and about the shower was fixed. Standard sized hotel room with complimentary bottles of water, fridge and tv. We used the hotels Tuk Tuk drivers, who were also very friendly and well priced. Close to everything we wanted to see and do! Front Desk was always happy to help out. Breakfast was delicious and the beer was always cold! Wish we could have stayed a bit longer!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed here for five nights in April and had a great stay. The staff are all extremely helpful, the breakfast was brilliant and the beds are very comfortable. We booked into a standard double for £16 a night- in the room we had a fridge, a tv with lots of channels and a good powerful shower. The rooms are cleaned daily with bottled water given out which is a lovely touch.

We stayed here before heading to Vietnam and the receptionist sorted everything out for our on going journey. We used the hotel for sorting our Vietnamese visas out (this cost $60 each however on researching around other travel agencies and the embassy it appears that the price of visas has risen to this.) the hotel got them back to us within 24hours. They also booked our Mekong bus tickets and arranged a pick up - this was at no extra charge to what we would have paid had we gone directly to Mekong.

I would certainly recommend staying here to anyone else!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 28, 2013

It was an okay room, very small and the curtains could not close! Because of my jetleg I did not mind at the moment. So, if you would like to stay in this hotel (which still is optional with me), be sure to check the room first, cause they vary. I think you are better of with a room without window (which by the way have a small window facing the hall, so there is in fact a little bit of daylight).

The location was convenient, within walking distance from a view attractions and closeby the riverfront. Tuks tuks are easy to arrange with the hotel for reasonable prices.

The breakfast was nice, like most of the breakfast offered in hotels in SEA (eggs, pancakes and or fruit). We arranged a mini van to Siem Reap, which was convenient and reliable.

Staff is helpful and speak English.

Room Tip: be sure to check the room first, cause they vary. I think you are better of with a room without wind...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 17, 2013

The rooms were quite small and stale smelling. I think we expected a bit more from what we first saw on the pictures, so were a little disappointed. Our first room had blood stains on the bed which was a bit unnerving. The breakfast, however, was amazing! They have a fantastic chef in there, thats for sure. It takes a while so order early, but its totally worth the wait. I recommend the omelette :)

Room Tip: Perhaps ask to see a few rooms before making a choice.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Good points - Free tuk tuk pick up from the airport/bus terminal. If booking bus to Siem Reap this hotel is within the pick up zone. Rooms were big enough and toilet were clean. Walking distance to the riverfront where alot of f&b outlets are located. Free breakfast came with the booking and it was good.
Bad points - Mossies in the room and lights were a bit dim.

Room Tip: We book budget double came with just a queen bed. However if you have a lot of luggage may not have...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank MizzA12
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is a very nice place to stay. I like to sleep late into the morning and this was possible because there are no windows in the room to let in sunlight and noise from the street.
The staff was excellent. I made a mistake in booking and paid for extra days in the room and when I noticed it I went to the front desk and presented it to them. They immediately fixed my mistake and charged me correctly. I will return there.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Great location a couple of blocks away from the river and centrally located in the city -- hence the name. Staff is courteous and helpful. The rooms are, as previous reviews have noted, not new. But I found them adequate and clean. Again, as a previous review noted, I did find a mosquito or two in my room and killed them. For the price of this hotel, I was not outraged by the odd mosquito. Were I at the Four Seasons, a couple of mosquitos would have been two too many. The breakfast, included in the room price, was fine. You choose a couple of items off the menu. As a side note, on the second night I was there, the electricity went out in the quadrant of the city the hotel is located in. Thinking I'd have to suffer in my room without air conditioning, I walked around for 45 mintues hoping the electricity would come back on. When it did not, I returned to the hotel to find it was the only one on the block with the sign lit up. Not sure if they have a massive generator or not, I was just glad to retire to my air conditioned room. I believe this is a good budget option in an excellent location. I would stay here again if I returned to Phnom Penh.

Room Tip: Even rooms at the front of the hotel have minimal street noise because of a double window arrangemen...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo