“Well thought out varied menu”
Review of Flavours

Flavours
Ranked #400 of 1,414 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Cuisines: Asian, American, European
Dining options: Drinks, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Diners at Flavours are spoiled for choice with the restaurant's comprehensive menu offering a huge array of freshly prepared dishes incorporating truly global influences. With classic Khmer, Thai and seafood delicacies forming just a part of the comprehensive menu at this delightful restaurant and cafe on the corner of streets 278 and 51, the Canadian-Khmer owned and managed venue also serves up delicious pizza and pasta dishes plus other western and international favourites. Breakfast specials range from a healthy bowl of muesli with fruit slad, thru' omelettes or pancakes with syrup to a full English or all American breakfast with the works plus fresh fruit juice and coffee or tea for just US$4.
Vientiane, Laos
“Well thought out varied menu”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We ate here a few times mid-week as our apartment was nearby. It is open sided so you get a breeze if you are lucky, and there is a well stocked bar with reasonable prices. The menu has the usual steak/fish/pizza but also has a couple of pages with healthy low fat options. I tried their house chilli which was very good, and another time a Mekong fish filet which was also good, in a cheese sauce, but was a little small for the price, especially as fish is not expensive at the market. Their margaritas are good.
Overall though, a decent place to eat and no more expensive than many of the other restaurants in BKK1 which is after all an expat enclave.

• Visited April 2013

“Good place to eat”
Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

Have dinner here regularly because they have a healthy menu and the food quality is generally good for Phnom Penh. The service is good for pp standards and the terrace is a fun place to sit and watch people and traffic go by.

Would recommend this place to locals but not to tourists as it is a bit hard to find and off the beaten track.

Siem Reap, Cambodia
“Good restaurant with healthy choices”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

We were looking for a restaurant that offered light choices such as salads or fish dishes. Quite a few of my friends residing in Phnom Penh recommended the restaurant and we were not disappointed.

The restaurant is quite open and located on a reasonably quiet corner. It was unusually hot when we went for lunch, but there is no air-conditioned room; only fans. Like many restaurants in Phnom Penh these days they do have free WiFi.

Staff were very attentive, even if the English did leave a little to be desired. No problem, with a smile, hands and feet, and some imagination we did manage to order what we wanted. The menu is very extensive; my Canadian colleague was very happy to find "Poutine" on the menu. There is a wide selection of sandwiches, salads, pasta, Pizzas, BBQ items and Asian dishes. There are two pages of "Healthy Menu", ten dishes with fat, calorie, and protein content labelled. I hope that more restaurants catch on to this in Cambodia.

I ordered the "Salmon Couscous with Green Lime". The food arrived pretty rapidly and the Salmon looked good (most of my colleagues had ordered the same thing). There was also one Salad Nicoise ordered, I thought both the size and the presentation of the salad could have been improved somewhat. The Salmon was excellent, if a tad overcooked, as was the Caper-lemon sauce that came with it. More sauce would have been good, I am a big fan of Couscous but, as far as I am concerned, Couscous needs to swim in plenty of liquid.

Prices were reasonable, the four of us paid USD 33.00. Healthy options are around the USD 6.00 mark, Pizzas go for anywhere between USD 5.50 and 14.00, depending on size and topping, and juices are USD 2.50. I would not recommend the flavour for a romantic dinner or as an outstanding gastronomic experience. Their goal is obviously to serve fairly simple but well-prepared food and here they succeed. A very good choice for a light lunch in an informal setting.

• Visited December 2012
Phnom Penh
“Cheated on the portion size.”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

This evening I ordered a bowl of the corn soup and when the server brought me my bowl it literally looked like someone had eaten half of it already - and this wasn't a big bowl, either, just a regular lunch-sized portion. "Um, Miss," I said, "There's like, two centimeters left at the rim, here. Is this all?" Then she giggled and said, "it's always this much."

Annoyed, I ate my micro-dinner - which, to the restaurant's credit, was delicious - but as I paid my bill I told another server that I felt like I had been cheated since I paid nearly $5 for a bowl of soup - pretty steep by Cambodian standards - and didn't even get a full bowl. I don't expect the monster-sized portions we're served in the U.S., but I expect to be compensated fairly for what I pay.

• Visited December 2012
Priekule, Lithuania
“Delicious food”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Went there to have the late dinner. Staff was friendly but very busy so nobody came to take our order for long time.
It was expensive but worth the price as everything we had was very good.
I would recommend this place.

Visited December 2012