“Brilliant hotel with fantastic staff”

Aqua Boutique Guesthouse
Ranked #57 of 327 Phnom Penh B&B and Inns
“Brilliant hotel with fantastic staff”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed her for 5 days after reviewing hotels / guesthouse's on TA and we were so glad that we stayed here.
Firstly there is an issue with the name - aqua boutique / samolina guesthouse (?) when you search for it on the net, but don't let that put you off. I emailed to confirm out booking 3 weeks before our trip and aqua boutique confirmed everything was correct, paid for and in order.

If your driver knows where he's going then its an easy hotel to find (obviously!), howerer in one tuk tuk ride from the river back to AB we ended up directing our driver as he didn't have a clue - certainly not the hotels fault, but its wise to keep the address in kamer on you to stop instances like this happening.

The room was fantastic, very big for what we paid, lovely big double bed, very nice furniture, free WiFi for a couple of hours per day (per person). There's also a pc you can use for free.
The staff cooked arguably the best breakfast we had in Cambodia / Thailand to order every day.
We pretty much ended up with our own personal driver for the 5 days that we were there as the tuk tuk driver works with the hotel and was more than happy to take us places, wait for us there, then take us onwards to our next destination. He was great too, very, very nice, we'd agree a price at the end of the days travel and he would always ask us how much we wanted to pay!
All of the staff are courteous and polite - they always stood up to greet us when we walked in the hotel, they knew the local area, where to go to eat, drink, places to see etc...

All in all it was a great hotel / guesthouse, the breakfasts were really good, the staff brilliant and for the price I don't think that you'll find better. I'd recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I stayed here for 1 night in December 2012. I checkedin quite late around 8 pm.Staff is very good and helpful. They arranged tuk-tuk for city tour and then dropping to airport for next day. Hotel room was quite spacious and so was the bathroom. The aircon took some time to kick-in which was bit of an inconvienence. But, overall hotel is good value for money

Room Tip: rooms would be more or less the same although I think rooms on higher floors would be quieter
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Miami, Florida
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Staff were extremely friendly, service-oriented and helpful. They were very apologetic about anything that went wrong at all. The bathroom was very large and it was great to have a refrigerator to store beverages from the supermarket. They also send out laundry at no extra charge to a place that charges $2 a kilo and folds it very well.

The hotel offers a good breakfast (but it is not big). It is located on a typical street that is not tourististy at all, yet is only a 10 or 15 minute walk from areas that are.

The suite we had was very large but the layout was odd in that the television is over the refrigerator and a long way from where you would watch it. The street the hotel is on is under congestruction which does not generate noise but does make for a lot of dust.

Everyone that works there was very sweet and worried about our Phnom Penh experience. The staff amkes this guesthouse a place I would return to.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Maskotas
WWW
Reviewed December 20, 2012

A friend and I stayed here for a night in December 2012. The welcome was excellent; we were served a chilled glass of orange juice upon arrival - essential in the sweltering heat - and given maps. We were also explained to regarding our bearings and places of interest.

As our room was not ready at the time of arrival, the manager offered to take our bags up to room, saving us the hassle of doing it ourselves upon returning after a day's sightseeing.

The twin room we had was spacious and clean, there was a kettle, complimentary bottled water and tea and toilettries (I loved the "frangipani" smell).

The location was not in the centre of town but certainly easy walking distance of the tourist sites. Or there's the tuk-tuk; always one parked at the entrance.

Overall, a good value-for-money kinda place.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed December 19, 2012

The room that we stayed was very big. It was the executive suite no 302. Everything was clean and comfortable. However, on our first night, the aircon didn't work properly and water was dripping from it. The next day, they had to call some ppl in to chemical wash it. Then the metal stud was stuck in the toilet sink as the house keeper pushed it in too tightly so water was unable to flow out. That was another problem. And the hotel staff had to fix it for us the next day. I think the hotel rooms need some good maintenance. Overall, everything was fine and staff were very helpful. Breakfast was great too. Kids love them.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a huge room with a balcony and a large living room, room 302 is what you are...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Lillestrom, Norway
Reviewed December 2, 2012

This was an exellent choice for me. I'ts not very centrally located, but a tuc-tuc brings you around for $2 a ride. I was uppgraded to a suite, and it was huge. Big bedroom and bathroom, a good size livingroom and a very nice balcony. The staff was very helpful and concerned about your well beeing. They arranged everything you wanted. Very good breakfast. The guesthouse was very clean thruout.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I would give this hotel a zero star even before I reach the guesthouse.

I made a booking on their website aqua-boutique-guesthouse.com and received a confirmation from them. The deposit was charged to my credit card.

2 days later, someone from the hotel emailed me that there was no room available and she was not sure where did i book the room. I forward my booking confirmation with her and and she was still asking where did i make my booking when I told her that it was from their website. She told me no vacancy and has not followed up on my request to refund the deposit.

1 week has passed and no one has got back to me. Hopefully, no one will get cheated by them, this could be a scam and its frustrating to communicate with the hotel when they clearly could not understand basic english on where did i make the booking, even with their own booking confirmation and the company letterhead.

Please stay away at all cost, with a screwed up management. Dont let them spoil your holiday.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo