Aqua Boutique Guesthouse
White Mansion(Phnom Penh)
Discovery Hotel(Phnom Penh)
Arunreas Hotel(Phnom Penh)
View Hotel
Golden Gate Hotel(Phnom Penh)
Anise Hotel(Phnom Penh)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I would give this hotel a zero star even before I reach the guesthouse.

I made a booking on their website aqua-boutique-guesthouse.com and received a confirmation from them. The deposit was charged to my credit card.

2 days later, someone from the hotel emailed me that there was no room available and she was not sure where did i book the room. I forward my booking confirmation with her and and she was still asking where did i make my booking when I told her that it was from their website. She told me no vacancy and has not followed up on my request to refund the deposit.

1 week has passed and no one has got back to me. Hopefully, no one will get cheated by them, this could be a scam and its frustrating to communicate with the hotel when they clearly could not understand basic english on where did i make the booking, even with their own booking confirmation and the company letterhead.

Please stay away at all cost, with a screwed up management. Dont let them spoil your holiday.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank DoDoSG
Reviewed November 5, 2012

When we first arrived at Aqua Boutique we were a bit dissapointed at the location. Many of the reviews describe it as very central, but it's not really... it's at least a 20 minute walk to the main attractions and river front. There are major roadworks going on right in front of the hotel also, which while not the hotel's fault is very noisey and made it impossible for Tuk Tuk drivers to get down the street to the hotel. The hotel staff did apologise (although it was of course outwith their control) no idea when the works would be finished... looked pretty major, so if you are a light sleeper, might want to look for somewhere else.

The location is in more of a locals/residential area so not as many tourists walking about, there were also no street lights which made it a bit intimidating for returning to at night.

The hotel itself is lovely, although there is no elevator with narrow stairs so would be completely unaccessible for someone with mobility problems.

When we arrived we were warmly welcomed by the staff and they had a welcome sign on a sandwich board outside the hotel which was really nice. We were also provided with a nice refreshing welcome drink and provided details about the hotel and area. We noticed straight away how nice the staff were, a young man who I think was the manager was so lovely, laid back and chatty.

The room was absolutely gorgeous, an executive suite with two beds (a single and double) nice bathroom with shower over bath, big flat screen tv with ample channels, air con and safe.

In the main living area there was another television, a dining area, a window seat, more air con and a balcony. It was stunning.

Breakfast was included in the room price and served every morning until 11 which was great. The man who served the meals was so polite and friendly and although they had a menu to pick from, they'd make you up anything if they had the ingredients to do so. We had pancakes and loved the french toast. They even brought breakfast up to the room one day when I wasn't feeling to great.

The staff working here were the reason this hotel receives a very good, and unfortunately the location and noise brings it down slightly from an excellent. The staff were just superb. English spoken was excellent, they were efficient, warm and friendly. Always instigating conversations and making us feel welcome. The staff organised our trips to the Killing Fields and Tuol Sleng, providing our own driver at a very reasonable price.

What really impressed me was that they organised our Visa for Vietnam at no extra cost. So they charged us the standard fee and all we had to do was give them our passports, the passports went to Sihankoville and three days later... passports back and visa done. Excellent service. They also helped booked our ownward travel to Vietnam which was with an excellent company Mekong... who were efficient and took us across all border crossings to Vietnam.

As mentioned above the only thing that let this place down was the location, three times with Tuk Tuks they struggled to find the hotel, so we resorted to walking and on boiling or wet days this was a pain to get to the centre of town. The noise from next door neighbours and the building work, woke us up repeatedly at about 5am and started to get very irritating.

I think we would stay here again though, the hotel staff were just lovely and the rooms beautiful. Hopefully the building work will be finished soon and perhaps some more sound proofing would help :)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2012

This place isn't particularly inviting from the outside but the staff are very helpful, the rooms large and clean and I think good value for money. The location is just a little way out of the town centre but everything is perfectly accessible. On the final day I had to leave early to get a bus to Siem Reap which arrived before my breakfast was ready and the staff ensured that I had breakfast by putting it in a take away container which was a very nice touch. Not a place to rave about but also not one that I can complain about either.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Arrived really early from Singapore, and as expected our room was not ready. It's ok, leave your bags with us, pop downstairs, we'll give you a nice cool drink, and make you breakfast. How's that for service? We then headed out for some sightseeing and arrived back some hours later to the always cheerful staff who in the meantime had upgraded us. The staff bent over backwards to ensure our stay was a good one and we'd be happy to stay there again. There were some upgrade roadworks in progress in the street at the time of our stay but this had no impact on our stay. All in all a great experience.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Good location, quiet place. Room was very big and clean, with modern furniture, large windows, flat screen TV, all necessary like bathrobes, slippers, etc. Staff extremely friendly and helpfull. Only positive experience, I would definitly recommend to stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple