“Excellent!”

Ranked #74 of 267 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Sydney, Australia
“Excellent!”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

I only stayed one night, it was a very quick stay. I showed up at 10pm and asked for the cheapest room, the young man at the Front Desk gave me a room for $15 with breakfast included, I was stoked with this. The room had a window, awesome A/C and also a fan. He did mention the wifi signal in this room wouldn't be so great, but actually I had no issues what so ever. There was some loud music happening next door, but it honestly didn't bother me and it was all done and over with by around 11pm. I would highly recommend, it's a great location and great price.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank MnTWhite2011
Yabee-Indochine2, General Manager at Indochine 2 Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Dear Customer,

We, thank you for writing an excellent review for us.

We appreciate your comment and we are glad you had a very good stay at Indochine 2 Hotel.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you and serving you in the future.

Best regards,
Yabee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Thai first
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I'd booked for a room for 3 nights at Indochine 2 online using Cleartrip in India. It allows me to make a payment directly to them without having to pay at the hotel. The deal was also cheaper for me.

I arrived at Phnom Penh and went straight to the hotel. Sadly, they said they don't have a reservation in my name but that they could give me a room. Glad about that, I put in my things and settled for some rest.

The hotel is easy to find - most tuktuk drivers have no trouble locating the place. The staff are pretty friendly and helpful. And this hotel is at a location close to places to eat and drink. There is a mart just opposite - comes in handy.

The time came for me to vacate since I was travelling to Siem Reap the next morning. However, when I went to settle the bill, I was told that I will need to pay! Wow, I tried explaining to the guy manning the counter but he said that there is no way that I could have paid the amount online as there is no option like that. I said that I would see what I can do and had to contact Cleartrip and sent them a mail. Sadly, they never replied and I decided to pay the amount and clear things up. But however, the next morning, a different guy at the counter said it was all cleared up and that I would not have to pay anything. Wow, what a huge sigh of relief!

Considering this was the only hitch I had with this hotel, it wasn't a big one - they cleared it up and I am satisfied.

All in all, a good stay.

Room Tip: Better take a room higher up, the rooms on the lower floors can get a little noisy.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Reviewed February 27, 2014

The staff got mad at us when we asked to see the aircon working. We insisted but they tried to take our money first. I told them if I don't see the aircon work - then I am not paying them money. After getting very angry with me, they decided to show me.

Once in the room - he turned the aircon "on", he said "see it works". It wasn't even blowing air. He gave me the remote (after serious hesitation) I turned it on low, med and high and nothing. No aircon.

They are deceptive - I suggest always asking to see if the aircon works and checking water pressure in any guest house in Cambodia.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Anthony_Close
United Kingdom
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

This was my fourth stay at Indochine 2 , and it won't be my last, rooms are very clean with fridge, TV etc , staff are very friendly and helpful, the adjoining restaurant serves good food with a smile , on leaving for sihanoukville I had forgotten to pack a pair of my shorts but on my return they were waiting for me, so thanks again to all the staff, I will be back again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Thongnaipan
Tokyo
Reviewed February 16, 2014

This is a good-value, basic hotel in a very central location in the main tourist area of downtown PP, just a block from the riverfront. Everything is within a short walk -- convenience stores, bars, restaurants, the night market, the Riverfront walk, laundry shops, tour operators, ATMs, you name it. The staff was friendly and spoke good English, the room was clean and everything worked -- TV, hot shower, toilet, air conditioning, WiFi, refrigerator, fans. There was no in-room safety deposit box, but I felt safe leaving my belongings in the room. (Of course, I took valuables with me when I went out.) The hotel had only one entrance, which was locked at night and staffed 24 hours, so it felt quite safe and secure. The room rate didn't include breakfast; there's a restaurant downstairs that has decent food, but you can also choose from countless other restaurants nearby. Only drawback of this hotel (for some travelers) is that it's right in the middle of a busy nightlife area, so there's a constant all-night drone of traffic (motorcycles and tuk tuks). It didn't bother me, but it's worth asking for a room on the higher floors. Also, there are several girly bars in this neighborhood, so if you have children and don't want them exposed to it, another area might be better. Be aware though, that this is the same for most of the central tourist area. If you want to avoid it, maybe try Street 178.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor to minimize traffic noise.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Stayed with a group of 12 for 6 nights in Jan 2014. The location is very central to transport and great restaurants. The rooms were clean and the towels were fresh each day. The included breakfast was adequate to start the day. We all would go back again. Ask for a higher room as the noise from the street can keep light sleepers awake.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher room
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank traveller_tales_1
Zanka, Hungary
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Stayed 3 nights while in PP. Location is pretty good, just a minute to the riverside, 5 to night market and most tourist attractions are also just a short walk away. Hotel and room were ok, basic and clean, the breakfast choice included in the rate was however a little poor for the price.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple