“Great food, good room.”
Review of Le Cyclo

Le Cyclo
Ranked #134 of 281 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Reviewed March 21, 2014

We stayed here just after new year. We loved it. The room was clean and comfortable. The only bad thing about the room was that there was no soap to wash hands in the bathroom. And one of the doors to the room was only locked by a small bolt. The food is really good. Staff were fairly friendly. Very central location. I would recommend it and I would go back.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed March 3, 2014

Stayed here with three friends over a holiday in Cambodia. We got the "family suite", which consisted of a large lower level with a couch, bed, and bathroom and another lofted bed and bathroom on a second level. Big space, and lots of bathrooms (which were re-done recently). Nothing fantastic about this place though. Location was pretty good for the National Museum, palace, and about a 10 minute walk to the river.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 4, 2014

I was staying in the hotel next door and wandered into this place for a coffee.
For the next 10 days I ate at least one meal there a day!
The french, very french chef is superb.
The food is faultless, Confit de Canard so tender that it falls off the bone served with apple sauce. Boeuf Bourguignon that explodes with taste. D'échine de porc from pigs raised in the chefs friends farm. Assiette de charcuterie with some of the best Pate I have ever eaten.
It reminds me of those little Bistros in France with a passionate chef that used to be so easy to find in France and are now so rare.
The restaurant is on the corner of 172 street and has a lovely terrace for dining or just drinking coffee and munching on daisy fresh croissants and pain au chocolate.
Free WiFi and very friendly owners and Khmer staff .. if you speak french you will have a lot of fun with the friendly local french expats.. I don't and I still did!
Incredible value for money.. I will return!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

I got a room for 23$ a night. It was windowless, though spotless. The French owners are quite pushy and the staff speaks more English than them. The rooftop is quite small and the jaccuzzi seamed abounded and cold when I visited. You can't really sit in the nice restaurant without getting ask if you want something all the time in French. If you don't care about the money and have to stay in a French surrounding, go for it. Otherwise there are plenty cheaper options in the same street with better deals.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank jc_silver
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

We booked a deluxe room with private balcony online. Balcony was the reason we choose this hotel and also we read some good rewies here on Trip advisor. When we got to the hotel first they seem to have some problems finding our reservation. After some waiting we were shown to a room which clearly was a standard room with no balcony and no minibar (which was also mentioned on our confirmation email). We were bit surprised by this scam and asked where our balcony is. The person who brought us to our room said that our reservation does not include a balcony. We showed our confirmation which clearly stated the room details. He left downstairs and we waited confused in the wrong room.

After a while he came back with a printed confirmation which was different from ours and clearly modified. He kept saying that this is the room we booked even though we again showed our confirmation. Then we went back downstairs to reception where probably the owner (a french woman) sat. She basicly ignored us when we tried to communicate with her. We again showed our confirmation and asked for a room with balcony. The french woman just showed us their printed version of the confirmation from which they had deleted the room details. She didn't have any solutions for the problem, she just kept saying that it's not their problem. We were treated as it was our fault and they didn't offer us any discount on the room they showed us. They told us that deluxe rooms with balcony are more expensive than what we were paying and that we should have understood that with this price you can not get a balcony.

At the end we got our money back but they didn't even bother to apologize, they just shooked they shoulders. We are very disapointed at how they treated us. They could have so easily compensate this with little discount and an apologize, maybe even a little smile..

Don't book a room in this hotel if you want to get what you are ordering. What a waste of time, also theirs...

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank Ville K
Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

I discovered this restaurant during my trip with friends in Phnom Penh.
I had a lunch on the terrasse.
Sun shine and very pleasant place.
The food was good and the service friendly.
We spent 10 $ for our lunch menu including mineral water and coffee.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Yan B
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I just love this place! The hotel is in street 172, very close to the quay, the National Museum, and the Royal Palace. The food in incredibly good with prices ranging from US$ 6 to US$10. I am staying in the country for 6 months and I have stayed in this hotel four times so far and have already booked for January. The rooms are adequate for the price (cheapest comes at US$18), but after we stayed in one of their corner suites, which comes at a price of US$38, we always book one of those. They have a really nice roof terrace with a jacuzzi, and the ambience in the bar is lovely, with a lot of friendly people that will make you feel at home. The only downside is that there are too many stairs and no elevator. This doesn't put me off, and it is my first choice in Phnom Penh.

Room Tip: The cheaper rooms may be a bit shabby, but the corner rooms are big and lovely, specially the ones i...