“Friendly family setting, relaxed and no tourists, best yogurt in the world” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Garden Centre Cafe - CLOSED

Garden Centre Cafe
Cuisines: Asian, Cambodian, Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Bangkok
“Friendly family setting, relaxed and no tourists, best yogurt in the world”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2011

I have been going to Garden City Cafe for ten years, about once a year or so. The food is fine and the surroundings very pleasant. Nice people always there, mainly local expats but people working or families for a meal. Staff are nice and helpful. Food is fine. Prices compare with similar places around. Bob the owner is a fine person.

They now make their own yogurt, and it is sold around town. Garden City Yogurt, the best I ever had in my life.
Highly recommend this nice homey place. No backpackers or weridos there. Good for casual meetings.

• Visited November 2011

Victoria, Canada
“always a good choice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2011

I always eat at the Garden Centre Cafe a few times while I'm there. The food and service are always good. There's reading material there, too, so it's enjoyable to eat alone there.

• Visited October 2011
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
“Fresh, healthy, tasty food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2011

Our meal was delivered in the midst of a huge rainstorm and everything arrived as ordered. I was most impressed by the chef's efforts to ensure my meal met my dietary requirements (coeliac, vegan) and my meal was one of the best and most balanced I have had during my month long stay in Phnom Penh. The vegetables and salads were outstandingly fresh and crisp and my mashed potatoes were delicious too. The price was very good value as well at just $20 to feed a family of three, with leftovers for the next day. I also feel good knowing that I'm supporting a restaurant that helps street kids work towards a brighter future.

• Visited August 2011
Canadian lady In SE Asia
“Love what they do to help the kids...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2010

Garden Centre Cafe is above average if for no other reason for their efforts to assist the Khmer Street Chidren and Young Adults with Food service Training. Food is actually pretty good, service is above average and the kids get points for trying so hard to please. Keep up the good work.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Groningen, The Netherlands
“delicious food, but a bit expensive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2009

We've been to the 'southern' Garden Center Café (n°2). And we really enjoyed it. The seats were very comfortable, the interior very charming and the food just delicious!!! If you feel like having GOOD food, go to one of the two Garden Centre Café's. Only disadvantage I'd say is a bit the price. But hey, you pay for what you get. So for us it was really OK.