“Consistently good food”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I have eaten here many times. The food is consistently good, never a bad meal. Staff are attentive and pleasant. Sometimes service can be slow but it comes with the territory. I like their curry.

1  Thank Portland_OregonKelly

Reviewed February 21, 2013

And theirs is very good. Even though Thailand and Cambodia are neighbors and share cultural traditions, their cuisines are quite different. I don't think one is "better" than the other but they are different (although thanks to the French influence the Cambodians bake better bread). I've got to have my pepper kick though and Chiang Mai Riverside provides that. Their Thai dishes are quite good (and authentic) and reasonably priced. I ate here several times on my last visit to Phnom Penh and was pleased every time.

1  Thank kurtzjack
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Had a nice meal at Chiang Mai Riverside, though was dissapointed that they didn't have Chiang Mai noodles which was my favourite dish from visiting there last year. The pad thai was nice, and for the price, and being right on riverside I would check it out.

1  Thank Lauren R
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I have eaten here before - years ago. I like Thai food and the food in Chiang Mai is the best. To find a restaurant in Phnom Penh serving this type of food was a bonus. Great and friendly staf, easy to find - perfect location

1  Thank Australiamac
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Went to this restaurant twice in 3 days. Whilst the service was slow the first time it was worth the wait because of the food. When we went back though the service was extremely slow, not only for us but for everyone in the restaurant. If you go to this restaurant be prepared to be patient. The staff provide a basic service without any attempt to really please, and the ability to speak english is limited. It is a restaurant which gives value for money, but on its terms rather than yours.