“Reasonably priced, good food and location”

Chiang Mai Riverside
Ranked #178 of 1,502 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed September 28, 2012

A restaurant where very reasonably priced Thai and Cambodian food is served by a friendly and very helpful staff. A few tables are on the sidewalk outside the restaurant; sit here and you can look across the road at Tonle Sap River across the road.
I have eaten here more than a dozen times, and will keep doing do in the future.

1  Thank Donald R

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Being a thai restaurant in Phnom penh, this place is not bad at all. I was impressed with the menu, lots of choices with Northern Thai food as well. I'm Thai and was happy with all the dishes I ordered. The price is a bit pricey, considering the decoration of the restaurant and the prices of some dishes. 2 person with 4 dishes and 2 rices costed us around $20. The staff was friendly and polite. The location is great, at riverside street. The decoration looks a bit old and dark, not a good place for eat, drink and chills but great for lunch or dinner.

2  Thank Travelee086
Reviewed July 22, 2012

So this place I shall never forget because it was one of the first that my Cambodian friends took me to for an evening meal during my stay here, when I was so in the mood to enjoy a steak. Looked the menu; ordered a ribeye the hype announced was imported from Australia. Asked for it to be cooked medium-rare; when it arrived piping hot, I cut into it with a serrated knife no less, and could not. I tried cutting it in about three other ways and could not. This piece of meat was so tough, it was reminiscent of the famous scene in Charlie Chaplin's Gold Rush film in which he tries to eat the sole of his shoe. I ended up eating none of that piece meat; and, upon explaining the predicament to the wait-staff thinking they would tell me that they would not charge me for something that was inedible, they said nothing and ultimately let me pay for a meal I could not eat. This was the worst experience of any restaurant in Cambodia over my 8 weeks in country. Don't bother yourself to go there if you are in the mood for a steak.

1  Thank 194BrianB
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Nice thai menu. The small cute pizza was delicious, size is good because I can enjoy eating other dish after the pizza. Thumbs up!!

1  Thank catlovedog
Reviewed May 13, 2012

Discovered this place a year or so ago...been back there every time we go to the pen...
excellent food, great menu...best Thai food we have had in Cambodia and better than lots in Thailand.
Highly recommended....a meal here wont break the bank!