“Absolutely loved it!”
Review of Romdeng

Romdeng
Ranked #51 of 1,895 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Open Monday to Sunday from 11am to 11pm (kitchen closes 10pm) Romdeng is set in a beautiful colonial building whose wooden carvings, tables, chairs and unique lights were all hand made in Cambodia. The silk goods and cushions adorning Romdeng were made by our students in sewing training at Mith Samlanh and its walls are hung with beautiful paintings produced by young people from the art classes there. All of this plus a pool, free WIFI, a family area and a gift shop mean a visit to Romdeng is a must.
Reviewed June 10, 2018 via mobile

Ok, we were not adventurous enough to try the tarantulas on the menu, but what we had was so delicious, we were sorry we didn’t have enough time to come back to try other dishes on the menu. Absolutely loved my mushroom salad and vegetable amok (plenty of vego options!) and my partner enjoyed his chicken salad also - all of which arrived very quickly. Great restaurant and a must try in Phnom Penh. It was also incredibly gratifying to know that the restaurant invests its profits into training of young students who were all too eager to learn and help, and were delightful. Left a good taste in the mouth ... in every sense!

Date of visit: May 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (2,902)

Reviewed June 8, 2018

A group of 7 of us had lunch here.. 4 locals and 3 tourists. I would never have tried some of the offerings, like fried tarantula or crickets, but it was part of the experience. Then we got to try some of the local favorites. I discovered many new and delicious dishes. See the photos. And I loved the fact that the restaurant is charitable, helping street children as part of their mission. Great food, charming atmosphere, attentive service and the prices can't be beat.

Reviewed June 5, 2018 via mobile

Probably need to try other dishes in future as the ones we ordered were just so so. The classic colonial style setting is absolutely charming.

Reviewed June 5, 2018 via mobile

I travel for food. My heart travels looking for good. Romdeng provides both with its ethical focus. And yes I chose it for the traditional, unconventional ingredients. I had tge deep fried tarantula followed by the spicy basil beef and red ants. I enjoyed the food, the tarantulas were giod, tge beef very spicy and a little lacking in ants. However the lost star came from the over enthusiastic kitchen. I had barely finished the starter and the plate was still there when the main arrived. No time to digest or reflect is to me a major mistake.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed June 3, 2018 via mobile

Great service and excellent food. Slightly expensive for a traveller on a strict budget, but worth it! I recommend the caramalized pineapple dessert!

Date of visit: June 2018