“Great!”
Review of Romdeng

Romdeng
Ranked #17 of 1,472 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Open Monday to Sunday from 11am to 11pm (kitchen closes 10pm) Romdeng is set in a beautiful colonial building whose wooden carvings, tables, chairs and unique lights were all hand made in Cambodia. The silk goods and cushions adorning Romdeng were made by our students in sewing training at Mith Samlanh and its walls are hung with beautiful paintings produced by young people from the art classes there. All of this plus a pool, free WIFI, a family area and a gift shop mean a visit to Romdeng is a must.
Reviewed October 8, 2012

This is a great place!

This place had fine dining at a reasonable price! I would highly recommend others to dine here and try the claypot dish.

Make sure you pre book a reservation as they are always fill!

If you get the chance to go to Sihanoukville make sure you go to Sandan the sister restaurant

There are newer reviews for Romdeng

Reviewed October 8, 2012

I had one of the most delicious lunches of my life at this restaurant! The service was great. As soon as we walked in, the staff were very welcoming. The trainees were a little shy but very attentive. All in all a great meal and helping a good cause. No complaints whatsoever. I definitely recommend it!

1  Thank LondonMissG
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Friends of ours took us to Romdeng ...we loved the atmosphere, the fact that the money is going to a good cause and they sell Khmer dishes.
We thought the menu selection was great. Got to try the Tarantulas which my 9 year old thought was just awesome .Washed down by the fresh lime juice... totally divine.
We sat outside.. they had fans located at the majority of tables so that there was some air flow. Apparently there is a pool that kids can swim in too however we didn't use it that night
No complaints about the service, the students and their teachers had it all under under control. We love this restaurant concept so will try Friends as well as the other eating places, markets and road side stalls during our time in Cambodia.

1  Thank sam63
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Love the lotus root salad and the refreshing drink. Should have written down the name of the drink. It has mint. I asked them to put syrup on the side. Absolutely wonderful meal. And a social enterprise. Beware that there is no A/C in the place. I was there in July, and after the sun sets, it actually was OK.

1  Thank Lamyin
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Visit there after reading TA and Foodspotting make me really want to try the fried spider but they don't have it at the time i was there (they only informed me after i just have 1st bite with my 1st dish) so i was a bit desperate. Honestly, the foods are great, all dishes in my 3 courses come with exceptional level and of course, the place like this charge a bit higher than normal restaurant. They have a courtyard and a small swimming pool which is a nice touch if you having lunch right next to the pool. The location is not far though, just few minutes by Tuk Tuk from Royal Palace.