“Opt for this hotel only if you love gambling!!”

NagaWorld Hotel & Entertainment Complex
Ranked #94 of 265 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Finland
“Opt for this hotel only if you love gambling!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2011

Stayed two nights at the Naga World with a colleague. Let's just say that if I ever go to Phnom Penh again I'm going to choose another hotel because I think this one is only for serious gamblers.

We got an excellent deal for this hotel and I did love the rooms and the friedly staff. The bed was very comfortable and the room quiet, even though the noise downstairs in the casino was crazy!

I was very dissapointed that there wasn't a pool at this hotel. You can find a spa but in my opinion it's overpriced.

There are many restaurants in this hotel but only tried one - the same one as where breakfast is served. Food was good and tasty there. Breakfast was plentiful and there was quite a bit of variety. Nothing beats the fresh fruits though!

The business center was open only till 5 pm! Which is silly because I would think it would be open in the evening when people are getting back to the hotel and want to check their emails. There was free wifi though, so if you have your laptop with you, there isn't much need for the business center except for printing or such.

Be aware that all taxis and tuk tuk drivers will try to rip you off because they will think that you're rich for staying at a casino hotel!!

There's some restaurants nearby where you can walk and where the price is right.

Do go to Bodia Spa in town to get pampered, a lovely oasis in the hustle and bustle of Phnom Penh.

All in all, the rooms are nice but the location isn't the best and the casino atmosphere did not appeal to me.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank pinkilili

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Maastricht, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2011

The service here is just great. Staff very well trained and eager to be helpful. I guess this is one of the best places to work in Phnom Penh and staff know it!! It can pay to look around for prices as some people on my floor received about half my price on promotions. This is a very large 5 star hotel and keeping it full in a third world country must be difficult? The waitresses in the restaurants were a real treat being friendly, helpful and polishing their English!! The hub-bub outside the hotel is a bit too much! Could be cleaned up a bit? No big deal! The Hotel is undergoing extensions which will include a pool I am told. This will make the Hotel almost perfect for any type of stay. I really missed a pool this time around!. Cons - Internet not connected all the time! Need to keep Tuk-tuk's and private taxi's more orderly outside main entrance.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Geneva, Switzerland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2011

This hotel has good location, good breakfast, good shower pressure in rooms, and a very good cable internet in rooms.

Most of the staff is trying very hard, but not sure if the management and the owners of the hotel are up to the task.

Saw a couple of rooms , and in one you could see cigarette burns on carpets and room walls were not clean. Lighting in the rooms is so dim that it is hard to read. Smell of tobacco smoke clearly present. This hotel has no no-smoking rooms.

This is a casino operation, apparently with investors from Malaysia, with hundreds of rooms. Smoking is encouraged with two ashtrays in rooms, and availability of alcohol is pronounced throughout the casino. A high sound volume disco inside the same building and in the lobby loud live music as well.

The result is a lot of noise both from inside and outside. An outdoor entertainment park just outside opposite to the hotel. For this reason, a lot of noise also from outside.

Business Center (fax, photocopying) open only 9 am - 5 pm, closed evenings, Sundays and public holidays. Photocopies 50 Us cents per page.

For these reasons, this is not a five (5) star hotel, but could be four (4) star.

Look first the rate at Cambodiana Hotel Phnom Penh (advertised as four star) on the bank of Mekong river nearby, and then compare.

Room Tip: All rooms are smoking rooms.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Reality50
Jakarta, Indonesia
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,030 helpful votes
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2011

when you look for a villa trip, cambodia is not the place, go to bali. most of the hotel in cambodia are guesthouses and budget inn with a very standard room and amenities.

I dont came for a casino, but I went there, sleep there after seeing the rush and hush in phnom penh and feel safe there. I only face a problem with the reception, they have this unhappy face and too proud. thats why I put 4 instead of 5.
the restaurant staffs was so friendly, they remembered our name, remembered our room no, and know whats good or bad. they dont show their tired face, and just work.
breakfast during the weekend has more than the weekdays. dinner buffet was great, they have a very good oysters, but they dont serve sashimi, and they should. their juices tasted so horrible, and they added sooo much sugar on it. leave their juices alone.

it was noisy outside and you can hear it inside your room, but I still can handle it, it will end at the latest 12midnight or 10pm. The lady that singing in the lobby, sang so bad, but may be its good enough for the cambodian local that came there for casino.

for the price Im paying its worth it. for tips: from the airport, just get a taxi that cost 9 bucks. the hotel charged 18bucks for one way pick up and the bus was old.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank PapayaMelon
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2011

We surprised when to see other travelers push down their rate. This hotel is awesome with us. We traveled with many Travel Agencies, seems 33 persons, came from Vietnam. Almost all of us are boss, owner or director of company, so we are very sensitive with any service from the hotel. But we are very interesting with Naga world, they served the best breakfast which i never have in my life. The room is very very nice with huge bathroom, warm light, full television channels, free internet cable. Totally, this hotel was highly appreciated by me.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2011

I & my friends 6 of us staying in Naga World Hotel which is with Casino. This is the 5star hotel recommended by my tour agent in Malaysia. We only stayed 2 nights in Naga. The in room facility is bad only provided very simple amenities, like towel, body gel and shampoo. The partition of the hotel is very bad, can hear the noise if someone walked by the aisle and the worse is, you can hear their talking very loudly at night. We supposed to book the connecting room with our travel agent in Malaysia, but ended up without the connecting room during our check in.

Worse part, if you ever have fun in the Naga Casino, pls don't try it anymore. There are snatching people targeting you. 1 of my friend experience that.

We put US$1 into the slot machine to have fun on the last nite of our stay in Cambodia. But the credit didn't turn out, so we called for assistant. But the staff said we nvr put in any money as shown by the machine, we insisted them to check for the machine programming and their CCTV, but they refused to do so, in a way, it meant we were cheating the casino. How can that be, spending so much money in 5star hotel and took a long flight with business cls to cheat US$1 in your casino???? Do they think we are idiot or stupid??? Eventually, they wanted to returned us US$1, but I told them that I don't want that money, I asked them to keep for their BEST given hospitality for our nite and keep for their tip. I want the APOLOGIZE, it spoilt our nite.

I am a bit regretting to choose this hotel for my holiday. From this experience that I will never choose any hotel for my holiday which came with Casino.... eventhough how good it is???

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Phnom Penh hotels

Beijing
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2011

This is just another metropolitan hotel opened in a under developed country. Odd, but stunning. There're not so many people in the casino, compared to Macau, mainly Chinese mainlanders and rich Cambodians, though. Breakfast coming with the room is nice.

• Stayed February 2011