“ Friendly service and wonderful food in a fairytale setting”

Eleven One Kitchen BKK
Ranked #17 of 1,952 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Description: Eleven One Kitchen is an environmentally responsible restaurant committed to serving delicious, high quality, healthy food. The Khmer and western-inspired menu is a combination of much-loved favourites and regularly changing specials that make use of the produce in season. There is plenty of choice for vegetarians and vegans and our meals contain no MSG. Dine in the restaurant's relaxing open-air courtyard and air-conditioned room, or get delivery to your workplace or home with biodegradable boxes and bags.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I loved this place! The outdoor patio area is surrounded by lush greenery and feels like a little garden paradise. The staff were so friendly and attentive, and the food was delicious. I had a traditional Cambodian breakfast of noodles with beef and a fried egg on top, along with a not-so-traditional chocolate stout (it was after noon, don’t judge me). I returned later that evening and had the most amazing cocktail, a pineapple and chilli margarita. They also placed a bottle of natural mosquito repellent on the table for us to use. It feels like there’s a lovely community vibe here, with free Khmer classes on Sunday afternoons. I admired the commitment to sustainability - there’s a little shelf where you can purchase items like coffee cups and reusable straws.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (894)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I visited with the view of having dinner. I ordered a glass of wine and then made my way to the only ladies toilet which was occupied. I waited outside for at least ten minutes. One of the waitresses came out of the toilet and walked straight past the wash hand station. I challenged her on the fact that she had not washed her hands after using the toilet. She claimed that she was ‘preparing’ the toilet was I was her excuse for not washing her hands. When I looked inside the toilet after she walked away the toilet waste paper bin was over flowing with tissues and so clearly no ‘preparing’ had been carried out. I challenged her on this. She then very reluctantly put some hand soap on her hands (no water) and walked away. Before I left I explained to her and the other waitress that when you serve food and drinks to the public, you must wash your hands ‘each’ time you go to the toilet. I explained that it was poor hygiene not to do so and that customers and staff can get sick caused by staff not washing their hands after using the toilet.

Overall look of the restaurant is that it didn’t look very clean. Needs refurbishment / painted etc.

Needless to say we did not stay for dinner nor will we ever use their on line delivery service again.

Date of visit: September 2019
SoklimSrun, Owner at Eleven One Kitchen BKK, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Angela,

Thanks so much for your value time to review us.

First of all, I would like to say sorry for what happened and I do apologize for it.

If you used to come here before, you should know what is the value of Eleven One? Our vision is to commit to making good food with good ingredient as much as we can, of course, Hygiene is one of the most important things to us. we always raise up the subject of Hygiene in all our staff meetings and in the On-the-job training. we do install the dispenser of alcohol gel at our service station and as well as in the kitchen area. We do want the customer to see what we are doing. Any client is welcome to inspect our kitchen anytime they wish. you could notice that we have only toilets that are being used by both customers and staff so we would like the customers to see what is happening out there, not like most of the other places, they have separated toilets, so the clients you could not see anything.

The staff also informed us about this on that day. there was some reason from her on this issue, but as she violated one of the company policies, she faced punishment (warning letter) according to the company rules and regulations, and a repeated violation could bring to contract termination.

Again, thank you so much for your feedback.

Best regards,

Soklim SRUN
Owner

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Came back here again for the good food at reasonable prices, and great service too! Loved the coconut smoothie!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Came back here twice and ordered the Khmer steak for my second visit. The steak was so juicy and tender, it was easily my best meal here in Phnom Penh. Order their fruit shake for a refreshing pairing with your meal :) I love their coconut shake :)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Being a vegan I ordered a Tofu Amok with brown rice. I really enjoyed it. My friends had a chicken curry and they loved it too. I love the fact that it’s such an environment conscious restaurant.