“Moved and upgraded”

Number 9 Guesthouse
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Phnom Penh
Number 9 Guesthouse
Ranked #106 of 237 Specialty Lodging in Phnom Penh
“Moved and upgraded”
Reviewed November 20, 2011

Most amazing place I have stayed, #9 has moved from the lake and is brand new. Rooms all have there own a/c's, flat screens and bathrooms. Hostel has good tunes, pool table, swimming pool, kitchen and a terrace to name just a few things. Super nice staff and great service

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank Odin_h89

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Uk
Reviewed November 12, 2009

Do not go there ! Absolutly dirty. When we first arrived I was so tired that i just sait ok for the room. Not even 10 min later i changed my mind. The room smelled of pee, there was ash on the floor, it was noisy ... Should I go on ??? Misleaded by the rough guide :-(

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank anyas45

Travelers are raving about these Phnom Penh hotels

Australia
Reviewed July 29, 2009

I first stayed in #9 back when I was living and working in Cambodia as a volunteer from 1996-1999 and have been there a few times over the years since. Most recently, I stayed there with my wife and two small kids aged 7 and 8. Sure, #9 isn't the Raffles Hotel, but really, what do you expect? The rooms are adequate and far more inviting that the concrete cells of the inner city that are the norm in this price bracket. My wife and kids, who had never been to SE Asia before all loved staying there due to its wonderful position and friendly staff. Sokheng and his beautiful wife Leah are great people and I love getting back to see them. Mercifully, the DVD watching is kept to a minimum and you can easily escape the noise of the TV which is tucked away in its own little corner. Nothing worse than being overseas and having to watch the latest crappy pirated movie from the US at night. The food and beer is great, and as far as girls/drugs go, it isn't in your face. Seriously, I wonder about those who lament that Cambodia is "full of prostitutes, drugs and guns" - perhaps a Club Med holiday in Mallorca would be better suited to them? This is Cambodia, people! Love it for what it is, as it's true charm is disappearing fast.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 28, 2008

Travelling through Asia I knew that the $5 price for a room meant basic but I didn't realize I was subsidizing a brothel. It was in Lonely Planet so it couldn't be that bad, could it? When we arrived I quickly noticed there were a lot of local girls with older western men on the deck - which happens to be a nice deck looking out onto the lake.

The rooms are very basic, not clean and I've heard there are rats but I only found a dead cockroach. The mosquitos are ridiculous and two weeks later I'm still putting cream on the welts they left.

Unless you are a 19-year-old looking for the cheapest accomodations possible I'd spend a bit more and go somewhere decent.

• Liked — Location on the lake
  • Disliked — Disgustingly dirty.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Ayngelina B