All reviews aeon mall dim sum channa nice hotel business hotel tuk tuk buffet breakfast rooms are small enjoyed my stay hotel room walking distance busy street wifi connection star hotel the hotel staff the ground floor per night
Reviewed January 13, 2015 via mobile

This is my 5th of 7 hotels as part of a 4 country tour that includes Thailand, Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam. I wanted to grade higher because management and staff were so friendly and tried so hard to please. Between that and knowing the history of the country giving them less than five stars feels like kicking a puppy so consider this only as my experience with others on the trip having better.
The room had clean bedding and bathroom with icy cold a/c. My room, 410, had a pleasant balcony with comfortable seating overlooking the hotel entrance and street intersection. Watching drivers is awe inspiring in no holds barred traffic. If you are not used to traffic noise bring earplugs as my outside door had large gaps.
I chose to stay in one night and had delicious penne with garlic slices and Parmesan delivered promptly. It was very inexpensive.
Unfortunately, on arrival, my room had a vague but distinct smell of sewage. Being exhausted from a long day of travel and nursing a sore throat, I had been wearing a mask and elected to wear that all night rather than complain. By morning the smell was gone. I conjecture it may have been patio plants had been watered with grey water, a common practice in some regions. Originally I though the smell emanated from the mystery plumbing pictured in the bathroom. Turns out that is the a/c drain. Clever if a bit unusual.
Management asked twice if I had issues with my stay and to be fair I should have mentioned the noise and smell but when touring with a group there is so much whining about so many things I try very hard to just go with the flow. And now, here I am at the next hotel laying next to the pool kicking the puppy.

Stayed: January 2015, traveled with friends
1  Thank Marjorie D
Kong S, General Manager at Almond Hotel Phnom Penh, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2015

Dear Marjorie,

Warmest greeting from Almond Hotel Phnom Penh!

First i would like to thank you for choosing stayed at Almond Hotel. Regarding your commented. It is helpful for us, we'll learned all the point from you.

Once again thanks and appreciated you.

Kind regards.

Reviewed January 8, 2015

Convenient location, very friendly staff, spacious room, large windows, strong running water, enough clothes hangers, bed not too soft, breakfast good variety, good lighting at the desk area. Especially the freshly squeezed juice in the morning was nice. Draw back is that there is only one small elevator, and the breakfast area did not have many seats where single person can sit (most are large round Chinese food tables). But it was very pleasant overall, and would like to come back to stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2015, traveled on business
1  Thank tripowl123
Hem_Sakana_GM, General Manager at Almond Hotel Phnom Penh, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2015

Dear tripowl123

Warmest greeting from Almond Hotel. We are very appreciated that you support us and write the real comment on Tripadvisor. We are happy that can satisfy you . Of course our elevator is small one ,but we try our best to maintain the elevator and keep the priority for customers , we do not have many single seats for single person , we would like suggest you to order room service breakfast if you prefer .

Again thank that you will come back to stay with us again.

Reviewed December 29, 2014

We stayed at almond hotel for two night. It was quite fantastic, safety, and good for business. one morning I and my wife came down late to have breakfast about 10:32am but the staffs were still smiling, helpful, and friendly. My wife was vegetarian, she could not eat anything and after had one helpful & friendly guide Mr. Tola, he realized about this and let the chef cooked the some Soup and Fried Vegetable for her directly. We were all delighted and will come back to stay it again!
professional staffs.

Room Tip: It is a good place to stay
  • Stayed: November 2014, traveled as a couple
Hem_Sakana_GM, General Manager at Almond Hotel Phnom Penh, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2014

Dear piter v
New York

Happy New Year from Almond Hotel, Phnom Penh !

Thanks that you spend your valued time to write comment on Almond Hotel and Mr. Tola, our staff to make happy during you stay with Almond Hotel. We hope you will recommend Almond Hotel to your friend and your families and you will come to stay us gain.

Reviewed December 26, 2014

Was on business trip there the last 3 weeks. Here is my observation since my previous trip there:

The wifi need alot of improvement needed, form the frequent disconnection to time out, which is totally unacceptable.

Fly in the restaurant with the staff using the racket electrocuting it infront of customer... please, do it more discreetly!

There are alot of constructing going on around here, with a new building just next to it. It is extremely noisy as the construction goes on even on Sunday afternoon which disturb my sleep. Eventhough this can be a fault to the hotel. However, as mentioned before, the noise around the hotel is abit louder than expected.

There should be more variety to the breakfast especially to us long term staying there, you know what i mean.

• Stayed: December 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank AlanCSTan
Hem_Sakana_GM, General Manager at Almond Hotel Phnom Penh, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2014

Dear AlanCSTan

Happy New Year !
Thanks that you spend your valued time to write the commend Almond Hotel on Tripadvisor.
As your comment on the WiFi , Fly and noisy issue, We are very sorry for any inconvenience during your stay. For WiFi Issue, at the moment have already been fixed , fly issue , we talked with the pest service company how to clear , the noisy issue, we have discussed with our engineering team how to protect noise entering the room. We try to solve all the mention issues.We hope you will come back again with your friends and your family .

Reviewed December 20, 2014

I stayed at Almond Hotel for a week recently. Enjoyed my stay there as it is cozy and trendy, certainly value-for-money. Breakfast is good, sufficient choice for both Cambodian and western food. The restaurant in the hotel also serves good tasty food. Staff are extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel is walking distance to the newly built shopping center and other eating places. I will definitely go back to the Almond again.

• Stayed: December 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank LeeKheng H
alexloo2014, Manager at Almond Hotel Phnom Penh, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2014

Dear Lee Keng H

Warmest Greeting From Almond Hotel & Restaurant in Phnom Penh!

With regard to you comment, On be half of my management team. I would like to say thank for your spend time to wrote down for us.

Your commend is very helpful to us for update and keep consistent on some points that we have today in our service to be better improve.

Thanks And Best Regards