“Nice and centrally located hotel with a great pool area”
Review of Blue Lime

Blue Lime
Ranked #23 of 267 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Frankfurt, Germany
“Nice and centrally located hotel with a great pool area”
Reviewed April 24, 2010

We stayed there for 3 nights and were very happy with our stay. The pool area is beautiful and relaxing. The rooms are quiet, spacious and nicely furnished. Our breakfast and the food we ordered at the pool were pretty good, too. The staff is overall very friendly and helpful (some more than others).

The location is also very convenient, the hotel is right next to the palace, you can reach most places in the city centre walking and there are plenty of good restaurants within a 5 minute walk.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank WLSMKB

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (377)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Montreal
Reviewed April 22, 2010

Stayed there for one night in April 2010 in a superior twin on the top floor. The hotel was really nice and the staff were friendly. The rooms were cool with the big fan and ac. It was also spacious.

Most importantly, the washroom was nice and big. had a shower with a door! Also it wasn't just a small room with a toilet and a showerhead.

The pool is really nice as well, even though its not much of a pool.

My only gripe is that if you left anything out that was sweet, there'd be 1000 little bugs all over it, immediately, which is something I got used to while in Cambodia.

The location is a bit obscure, off a side street, but I found it to be centrally located nonetheless.

If you dont mind spending $50 on a room, I would recommend it.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank MontrealStudent1981
Litchfield, Connecticut
Reviewed April 21, 2010

After a looooong bus ride from Ho Chi Minh City, we (myself, husband and another couple) arrived at the Blue Lime via our amazing driver Sameth. From check in I knew that we were going to enjoy our experience there. The modest but comfortable reception opens up into a large courtyard featuring a large sparkling pool and surrounded by loungers and cabanas. We were told that some expat NGO's could pay for entrance and rent the cabanas, but a few always remained off limits for guests.

Because we were somewhat early, our rooms were not yet ready so we retired to the courtyard to have a bite to eat from the hotel kitchen. Of course our first order of business was cocktails (we know our priorities) and I can honestly say that after a long arduous trip nothing hit the spot quite like a giant mojito from the bar! Lunch was fresh and good and we ended up getting our rooms a short while later. We sprung for the best rooms and I'm glad we did. The rooms were cool and clean and nicely appointed. Our bathroom was accessible by the balcony (which was unusual, but not unwelcome). Again, the bathroom was spotless, with a vessel sink and stand up shower.

The poured concrete design was quite interesting and not at all as 'hard' as we thought it might be. the beds were quite comfortable and unlike other posts, we had absolutely no noise complaints to speak of.

The staff was wonderful, the food delicious and it truly was an Oasis amongst Phnom Penh. I would not hesitate to return or recommend it to my clients (i work in travel)

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank joshlufsgirl
Pattaya, Thailand
Reviewed April 20, 2010

We arrived late to the Blue Lime due to a flight delay from Bangkok. Our taxi dropped us off at the dark alley that leads to the Blue Lime. My first thought, "Was this booking a mistake?"

When the security gate rolled open and we went in side, I could not believe how beautiful the pool and garden was. Reception could not have been more helpful. At the desk was "Leat" who helped us secure a sim card for my iphone, was very knowledgeable of places to visit and was so willing to make sure everything was perfect for us. My room was on the second floor (#4) and my travel companion was on the top 4th floor (#14). Both of us were very satisfied with our rooms, however, for me the air conditioner did not coll as well as I wanted. I was also told I had wireless internet in my room for my iphone, but could only get a signal in the lobby. No real problem as the have several computers with very good speed in the lobby. In room bathroom was very nice with plenty of hot water. The bed was also comfortable. The room also had a balcony, but the weather in April was too warm for me to spend time on the balcony.

The pool is large, modern, well maintained, with comfortable lounges along the sides. This is the area where the included breakfast was served which consists of different fresh breads with butter and jam, juice, fresh fruit, and eggs made to order. When we returned to the hotel after our morning tour, I swam and ordered the salmon ravioli which was excellent!.

Right at the gate there are tuk tuks waiting 24 hours a day to take you around. Cost me $2 to get to the river area. I would highly recommend our driver who also became our guide. His email is [--]. His English is excellent and he knows the area very feel. He was one of the main reasons we enjoyed our trip so much. He was so good we hired him for all 4 days. He did not try to take us to any tourist traps. His price was up front. He was able to find everything we wanted and did a good job of bargaining for us when we bought things at stalls along the way. Before we went to get sun glasses he said the vendor would ask us $4 but take $1. Sure enough!!!!

I would highly recommend the Blue Lime and Mr. Ya Chea as driver/guide

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank Pattayamale
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed April 20, 2010

We stayed 3 nights here at the start of our southeast asian swing. The rooms are spacious, and the concrete furnishings are both unique, and make for a soundproof room from the neighbours. The location is away from the main drag, but is only a 10 minute walk to get there, or a $1 tuk tuk ride. The national palace is a short 5 minute walk. Yes, the hotel is a little difficult to find and the back alley its located on isn't the best looking, the guys hanging around out there are just looking for business. But the best part of the hotel is the pool area. I'm not a big pool fan, but lounging in the cabanas and having a beer is a great way to finish the day.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bally10
Hong Kong
Reviewed April 15, 2010

My partner and I had a wonderful time at the Blue Lime.
We stayed on the ground floor and loved our large room and lovely bathroom. The location was great and the pool was bliss!
The air con was strong and well needed from the hot weather, and the bed super comfortable.
The staff were good although apart from the main guy on reception, the others didn't speak English very well and often when we asked them questions they just replied what we said back to us and smiled, obviously with no idea what we said! The one time we ordered food there they brought us a different dish that the one we actually ordered :), but in saying that they were always smiling and friendly. The food was ok. I would recommend going down to the lake for better selection and quality though. Breakfast was nice but on the small side.
Lovely place to stay that I would highly recommend.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank KiwigirlHK
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed April 13, 2010

We arrived at Blue Lime after a long flight and very long stop over and were delighted when we walked through the doors to this peacful, calm and tranquil boutique hotel.
Whilst we only stayed for one night, the hotel was fantastic. Room was great and what you expect; as we were on the ground floor, there were double doors to prevent any noise from the lobby, impressive. Free internet which was great and free breakfast with delcious walnut bread. Would definitely stay again. Nice, simple and worth what you pay!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple