“Absolutely recommend for average holiday budget ”
Review of Blue Lime

Blue Lime
Ranked #22 of 269 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Canberra, Australia
“Absolutely recommend for average holiday budget ”
Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at Blue Lime for 4 nights with a friend and had a fantastic stay. The location is great, very close (5 min walk, if that) to the Main Street by the water where there are heaps of places to eat. The room itself was great, the shower/bathroom were modern and very clean. The bed was a little hard for my liking but I was by no means uncomfortable in it. The DVD player was very useful! The food was standard, but the ice cream was delicious! It was great to lay by the pool in the bungalows and read my book. The pool was great too - a little cold at first but extremely refreshing given the heat! The reception staff were always helpful.

The only down fall was that reception quoted extremely high prices for taxis and tuk tuks. For example we asked how much a taxi was from Phnom Penh to siem reap and they quoted us $85USD, but we paid $65USD (and going by other reviews that was pricey - usually about $50-55 USD). We were also quoted huger prices for tuk tuks but ended up paying much less. Just be aware of this and make sure you do your research before you arrive.

All in all I would recommend this place to anyone going to Phnom Penh. It was a great location and such a great room and overall vibe.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank bst_91

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (377)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Adelaide
Reviewed March 9, 2014

We booked this off of the reviews on here. We had garden room which after the initial shock I guess was bearable, but our poor friends had the superior room. Three floors up, no lift. It was awful. Brown ceilings, had to go out on the balcony to get to toilet and shower. We had two nights, we were to return there for one night, but I couldn't stand the thought of it, even though we had paid I booked Sokha Club Hotel which was very nice. I guess if you are looking for budget, but I wasn't, I went off of the comments. It was a shock, pool too cold to use. Hotel in a side alley, reception very small.
I think you could do much better. Beats me why it's booked out all the time. Would be one of the worst rooms I have ever had.

Room Tip: Only go for garden room if you go here
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
thepavilion, Owner at Blue Lime, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
Dear Guest, I am very sorry you hated every aspect of our hotel... Not sure what to say. Yes it is not huge and we play on its intimacy, the fact that it is in a very "Phnom Penh" alley at the back of the Royal Palace was a positive thing to us when we chose the location. But I guess one can like it or hate it... Cheers, Alexis
Ubrique, Spain
Reviewed March 4, 2014

The staff at the Blue Lime are wecoming and friendly. They obtained a one month Viet Nam visa for me in 28 hours, starting 16.00 on a Friday. Other phone calls were made to travel companies on our behalf.

Our room 208 had all facilities as described including WIFI that worked very well. There is a hotel being built next door but there is minimal to no noise emanating from it.

Breakfast is probably the best we have had this year on our travels.

The unheated pool and pool side lounging capabilities are very nice and are in a "tropical" area making light of the hotel city location.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Blue Lime has a team of really efficient and amiable staff! One of the receptionist was nice enough to get me a tuktuk to take me to their sister hotel at The 240. Despite checking in late, the staff were really helpful and all the amenities in the room were waiting for me to check in. Great rooms with great pool view! Wish I had more than just one night here. Location is great since its within walking distance to the places of interests. Nice bar called Alley Cat next door that serves good filling burgers. Only bad point is that when arriving at night the alley leading to the hotel is a little dark and there are a ton of mosquitoes. But overall I had a wonderful stay and such awesome breakfast!:>

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Arlington, VA
Reviewed March 1, 2014

I stayed in a private room and was very pleased. Room was basic, but very comfortable and charming with colorful interior decorations. All amenities worked well: strong wi-fi connection, good a/c, hot water in the bathroom, modern shower. The staff members were extremely nice, and the lobby and poolside had great ambiance. No fitness center or spa, but I didn't expect them from the price of the hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

Initially booked the Blue lime simply because of its locality near all the major attractions in PP. Extremely glad I did - the hotel though small was extremely clean and well maintained, the staff were very welcoming and offered help whenever required, the hotel itself is down a small little lane which might seem a bit daunting if a solo female traveller but the tuk-tuk drivers who hang outside the hotel are very friendly and didn't hassle for business unlike a lot of other places...
The highlight of this hotel is definitely the swimming pool it's cool water, lazing sun beds and sheltering trees really make you forget that you are in a bustling urban city, it's also very quiet with the horns of passing cars, vans, trucks all forgotten amongst the sound of lapping water and the relaxing music coming through from the outside bar.

I would definitely recommend staying here for a few days if in PP, the only downside is construction work happening next door which was noisy one day we were there however as we were out most of the day exploring the city it didn't bother us too much

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 26, 2014

We stayed in a room with a private plunge pool - which was lovely. Room was very well decorated and clean. Main pool area is very well landscaped and peaceful. Breakfast was simple but more than adequate. Location is great - very central. We had been advised on potential construction noise in advance, but it wasn't a problem for us. Staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple