“forget the bad press”
Review of Blue Lime

Blue Lime
Ranked #24 of 277 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Conveniently located. Construction noise next door is being managed, but best to be out and exploring between 8 and 6. I stayed at the hotel today till after lunch and heard no noise, so perhaps its randomly unpredictable.
I stayed in room 2 next to reception and breakfast area poolside. Excellent king size bed with nice linen and a coccoon like canopy ensured a comfortable sleep. Lots of hot water with pressure. Fruit, bread and eggs for breakfast.
Very attentive and friendly staff who encouraged me to book out rather than pay another day while I wait a late night flight. I was able to freshen up at the poolside facilities, towel etc provided, and luggage securely stored all day.

Room Tip: Room 2 is good for one or 2 and could sleep a child on the day bed, but not much floor space. Safe...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,673)

Reviewed December 18, 2013

This hotel is just magical. I was travelling alone and I had the best experience here. The rooms are enormous and are so beautifully designed. I extended my booking it was so fantastic. The service is excellent and so are the amenities. Honestly, it is the most serene place. The staff are very kind and helpful and even the Blue Lime tuk tuk drivers made my stay unforgettable. When I finally got in the cab to the airport I was so sad to leave. Everything is quite simple and yet they provide everything you need. Although the rooms are big the hotel itself seems small and quaint. Everything is so beautifully designed and (for once!) the pictures that advertise blue lime are spot on. There are no unwelcoming surprises. Do yourself a favour and stay here.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

have stayed at the Blue Lime a few times now and is always our first stop after landing..always clean,helpful and friendly...an oasis in the middle of the city..a great place to stay for just passing threw or needing a relaxing place after a long flight..always our favourite...

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shawn C
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I would have to say that this hotel is really one that was all worth it. I tried looking at different hotels in Phnom Penh and I was not too sure about the quality, so I opted for this. I would have to say I made the right choice. One of the good things that I truly like is the fact that the pool was surrounded with luscious foliage which had the perfect length and size. I have been to a lot of hotels within Asia and in Europe and often, I would see pools that are crowded with untrimmed trees. Anyway, our room was cozy and airy, and I really appreciate the great view from our room overlooking the pool. It was relaxing, especially at night. The bathroom was clean and the staff were really friendly. I don't know why people were saying they had noise problems when we rested and relaxed really quietly. Two thumbs up!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I stayed at the Blue Lime for 3 nights with a friend as we were traveling around Cambodia. The hotel is hidden up an alleyway but is a lovely place to stay. Great reception and pool, and the room was very big with a good sized bathroom as well. The staff there are great as well, always try to help whenever they could. The food there is okay, we had a great chicken curry but then had the chicken burger another day and it was quite horrible. The only complaint I have is about the construction workers next door. They were very loud and started work early in the morning and finished late into the afternoon (even though they said it will only be from 8.30am until 6pm)

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 11, 2013

The room was pleasant, with a good size hard bed, there was a bit of noise at night from the street & the water pressure in the shower was weak. The pool area is very nice & the barman very friendly. About a 10 minute walk to the Quay, although this hotel is in a fairly unpleasant street & area.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the street
Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

Very quiet but still close to the sights-we certainly could have walked but had arranged to have the same tuk tuk driver who picked us up at the airport take us around. Paid $55 usd for the one night we stayed, wasn't cramped and very clean. Full size bathroom. Very nice pool with lounges and cabanas. Breakfast was included and very tasty!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple