“Great Vibe”

Ranked #23 of 267 Hotels in Phnom Penh
London
“Great Vibe”
Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

We chose the Blue Lime based in a friend's review and were not disappointed. The staff were incredibly helpful and assisted us with tours in both Phnom Penh and Angkor Wat. The pool and poolside was also a welcome relief after wandering around the city heat during the day.

The only drawbacks were the ongoing construction work next door; the hotel posted signs up about this but it did sound like something was being consistently dropped on the roof of our room. On that note, we did book a room with private garden. We didn't make much use of it as the poolside space was so spacious as it was.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (377)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Brno, Czech Republic
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I loved the desighn of this hotel, mixed tradition with modern concrete furniture and teak wood. The pool area is a great oasis. Huge and comfy bed. Our view was not much so if you stay longer and care, check what will you windows face. We were leaving early morning so the receptionist offered us a packed breakfast which was a nice touch (we ended up with old bread, butter and jam in a plastick bag, fruit and water bottlesn so not so great but appreciated the efffort).
The location is close to main atraction, walking back was a bit tricky as we missed the turn for the alley. Staff was wery nice..well, besides the guy at the pool bar who would not get off the phone so getting noticed and making orders was a bit of a challenge

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

I would not exactly describe it as a boutique hotel by Western standards, but it basically lives up to what it promises. The location is good, behind the National Museum and right where all the action is. My room was spacious and stylish, although there were some details that showed a lack of maintenance. Breakfast by the pool was à la carte, which is always a plus considering the depressing, vulgar and ubiquitous buffets that one needs to endure in so many properties.

• Stayed August 2013
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We regret that we have just booked this hotel for 1 night. My husband and I had a hotel hopping in Phnom Penh last July. We used to live here for 8 years since 2004 and then moved to Saigon for work. When we came back we planned to try out boutique hotels in Phnom Penh in our 7-day stay. We were very amazed that we were given a family room with our own pool! Staff were courteous and nice, welcome drink is also refreshing, food is good, ambiance is relaxing and the location is accessible to the tourist spots every tourist will go to when visiting Phnom Penh.
It was an amazing experience staying here!

Room Tip: get the room with it's own pool!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We stayed at the Blue Lime for three nights - one in their Superior Room and two in their Private Plunge Pool Room. It is an excellent hotel. Great location right near the National Museum and Royal Palace, very friendly and helpful staff, great rooms... just lovely. The construction going on next door that they warned us about wasn't a problem at all. I loved that they put fresh flowers on the beds and the whole place was shady and cool - even when it was scorchingly hot on the street.
Some minor issues that kept it from getting an excellent rating:
- the rooms had AC but it never felt like it was on. They also had fans so it wasn't unbearably hot but they were warmer than I'd like. Also, the bathrooms were boiling hot.
- The credit card machine wasn't working when we checked out so we had to use up all our cash to pay for the rooms.
- It had the most mosquitos of any hotels on our trip - although they were spraying for mosquitoes the day we left.

Room Tip: Private plunge pool rooms are spectacular - They only have four rooms with their very own secluded p...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AlJess902
thepavilion, Owner at Blue Lime, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Dear Guest, many thanks for your kind review. We are now fogging the premises once a week and in the process of changing the weak air-conds. Hoping this will help! Cheers, Alexis
Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I booked in for the one night because I was catching the bus to Sihanoukville the next day. I arrived in the evening and was welcomed by the kind staff. The hotel did look lovely and I was quite comfortable in my room. I loved the big walk in shower and the bed was extremely comfortable and the internet was great.

Sadly I had to be ready for the bus at 11:30 am so I couldn't check out the pool properly. I did notice that it looked clean and did have plenty of sunbathing areas when I had breakfast. I had fresh fruit and eggs for breakfast and there was a variety to choose from.

I did notice that there was building working next door to the hotel and you could hear the noise coming from the men working. Now It didn't affect me so much because I was leaving and only stayed the one night. People looking for a more peaceful and relaxing stay as well as looking at the various sites might find it difficult ot relax with the noise. I returned to Phnom Penh for a week at the end of my 6 week travel period within Cambodia and I personally think I would have struggled to fully relax with the building work going on.

Without the building work this place would be brilliant so its worth just sending an email to the hotel of message someone who has stayed more recently to check to see if the work is finished. I stayed there on the 29th of July so it may have finished already.

Although I would not suggest walking anywhere in phnom penh because its complete chaos with the amount of traffic it is close to the national museum and also royal palace so you can walk to it if you are brave.

Room Tip: I used room number 10. It was very comfortable and the AC unit was directly above the bed which ensu...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Vicki C
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Blue Lime was just perfect - beautiful rooms, lovely staff, delicious (included!) breakfast, excellent location. We enjoyed our time there so much - I would definitely stay there again if I'm lucky enough to get to return to Phnom Penh!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple