“Great chill out place”

Ranked #23 of 267 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Melbourne, Australia
“Great chill out place”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We stayed at the Blue Lime hotel for three nights and apart from the building works next door really can't fault the place, the staff were really friendly and made you feel welcome from the moment you walked in the front door, the pool and surrounds were very relaxing, the room had everything we needed and it was located in a very quiet lane. Loved it and can't wait to stay there again.

Room Tip: There were rooms down the back by the pool that are on ground level for those that don't like st...
thepavilion, Owner at Blue Lime, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Many thanks for this very kind review! Cheers, Alexis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (377)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Perth
Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

I had booked for 3 nights but only stayed 1. I then moved to their other hotel The Pavillion. The only reason I changed was there is a new building being constructed next door and the noise was terrible. Also I had the room opposite reception and you can hear everything from the double doors.If it was not for this I think it would be far better. There was no problem with the change & they were more than happy to assist. Beautiful pool & gardens.

• Stayed June 2013
thepavilion, Owner at Blue Lime, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Indeed, we have been suffing from the construction noises at Blue Lime this month. But Pavilion has noise too since we work on the extension. Trying to keep it under control though.
christchurch new zealand
Reviewed June 3, 2013

This Hotel is extremly well positioned for many attractions in Phnom Penh. The rooms are a good size, with breakfast each morning poolside. Lots of Trees/Plants give a tremendous feeling of green bush. The Royal Palace is nearby, the Riverside/River part of PP is not far away. There are many Restaurants/bars in this vicinity. The well known new Bar Sito and Public House (Dining and Bar) are down the road on the corner of 240/19 Street. Well worth a visit. I am father of the owner.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Good hotel............ we had a good stay at Blue Lime...Friendly staff nice garden room right near pool and in good location......... Could do with a sign at the end of the lane way.....
New building next door is causing a few concerns(see pics)...................

Melbourne Australia
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We spent a week at this Hotel recently. We booked directly with the hotel 6 weeks before and found them to be excellent communicators and their response to emails very timely and sometimes almost immediate.
Our tuk tuk from the airport had no trouble finding the hotel but we had taken the precaution of copying the address of the hotel in Khmer from the hotel website just in case. Yes, the hotel is a little way down an alley way off Street 19 but the alleyway is not a threatening alleyway and we never felt unsafe in it.
Check in and check out was very fast and effecient and the staff very able. We arrived early morning and of course our room was not ready. We were offered breakfast which was very thoughtful. The reception staff took care of our bags while we lounged around the pool and went for a walk until our room was ready.
We stayed in a garden room and perhaps we would not bother with a garden room next time as the garden area was very small and not really enticing but perhaps useful if you were a smoker. The room itself was quite roomy and had everything we needed. The bed was nice and large and while others have complained about the hardness of the beds, we found them to be very comfortable. The airconditioner and ceiling fan kept the room at a nice cool temperature and we were fortunate not to encounter any power outages that are experienced in PP. Flat screen tv, dvd player,room safe, bar fridge and tea and coffee making were good. We had no problems with hot water and very good water pressure for our entire stay which has to be a bonus in PP. The room staff were great and the every day clean was good. I did however have to curb the desire to scrub down the floor in our room as I felt it needed it but noticed that the staff were scrubbing down the floor in reception so hopefully the rooms were the next to get scrubbed. The rooms are a bit tired and worn but it wouldn't take much to bring the rooms back to a sparkly clean situation - perhaps a scrub and a bit of paint.
The swimming pool was a good size and well maintained and allowed for necessary cooling off. Pool size allows for swimming exercisers to do their 'laps'. Nice cabana type furniture around the pool with power points for ipads and ereaders and some with overhead fans make it easy to spend hours by the pool.
Breakfast by the pool, served by the lovely staff was very pleasant. Food choices were a bit limited if you stay more than a few days but the food quality was good.
Staff at reception speak excellent English and go out of their way to help and advise you. We found their assistance invaluable. There are a couple of desk top computers at reception for guests along with plenty of DVDs and books that you can borrow.
The location of the Blue Lime is perfect. We found that we were able to walk everywhere we wanted to go except for the Russian market. There are plenty of restaurants nearby.

It would be remiss, however, not to mention that next door to the Blue Lime there is a construction site which is impacting on the Blue Lime. While some of the days we were there, the construction work hardly worried us, there were other days when it did. One day there was some serious jack hammering going on which meant it was difficult to hear conversation but most importantly there was a serious breach of safety that occured with a piece of metal piping that fell from the construction site and landed right next to a sun bed which thankfully was not occupied at the time. The Manager of the Blue Lime immediately blocked of access to this side of the pool area so that her guests were not at risk. It is a very difficult thing for the Blue Lime because they do their best for their guests but there are some things outside of their control.
Hopefully very soon, the construction site will be at the point of internal fit out and peace and safety will return to the lovely Blue Lime Hotel.

Room Tip: ground floor near the pool
Strathmore, Australia
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. I've read other reviews and we did have some trouble with the air-con, the Internet and mozzies but the staff were more than happy to see to and fix any problems. We were given a can of mozzie spray to keep in our room and the air-con people were called to fix our problem on the first night. There is work going on next door which is a bit noisy but not a real issue. We loved the pool area. The hotel is close to local places to eat and local attractions. We'd stay here again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Stayed for 4 nights at the private pool room (room no 20) last week.  Was quite skeptical after I read some of the earlier negative comments but actually those are just very minor issues.  Airport pick-up was done by the hotel's Jaguar XJ6, smooth check-in with passion fruit juice and cold lemongrass scented towel.  Yes, there are some mosquitos in the room but I realized that they flew in from outside when I opened the door to the private pool (although it's private pool but it's still a outdoor pool so it's inevitable with the mosquito in these hot weather).  No problem for me as I came prepared with electric insect repellent.  The private pool itself are cleaned everyday and I enjoyed my swim as and when I wanted.  Very spacious room - I am ok with the hard bed as it's similar to what I have at home.  Saw a lot of feedback about air-con issue but the airconditioning in my room was in fact, too cold for me - there were times I just have to turn off  the air-con and left with the ceiling fan on during middle of the night. As for the construction noises next door, it's quite minimal when all the doors were shut.  Due to the heat in Phnom Penh, I always returned to my room mid of the day for a afternoon nap before going out again at late afternoon and I have no problem sleeping with the noises going on.  And for something extra, the hotel packed breakfast for me as takeaway as I had to travel to Kampong Cham for the Royal Ploughing Ceremony at 5.30am for one of the days. Room service menu was great - I had most of my meals in the comfort of my room to avoid the heat.  Only 2 feedback - Wifi was weak during the day (but very strong after mid-night) and wished there were more choices for breakfast menu.  Just a note - do bring your own toiletries (everything from toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, showel gel etc)  as they were not been provided.  I always travel with my own so not a issue for me. Generally, very happy and comfortable stay with unbelievable low price for a private pool room.

Room Tip: Get a private pool room, and travel with your own toiletries and electric insect repellent.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo