“Paradise”

Ranked #23 of 267 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Montreal, Canada
“Paradise”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We really enjoyed our stays at the Blue lime. We started our trip with one night, July 25th, in Phnom Penh before leaving for Siem Reamp. We had a regular room with a balcony. That was perfect. We finished our trip to Cambodia with two nights, August 6-7, in a private pool room, and this is a little luxury that worth the price. Tuk tuks in front of the hotel are very friendly, we were friends with one guy named Johnny, but probably not his real name, but such a nice man. At the Blue lime, you are walking distance from central market and a few nice monuments to visit. We hardly recommand this hotel.

Sorry if any mispelled words in this review, we are french canadians and english is a second language.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (377)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We have stayed here on business three times! There are others in the same family, but they seem to book up quickly. Not that we are disappointed...this is an awesome place. We have stayed in the garden rooms, the single rooms, and the pool rooms. The private pool rooms are really posh and lovely. Perfect for couples or singles wanting some down time. The location is right behind the museum and close to Brown's Coffee - a must for any aid worker.

Room Tip: Unless you want a private pool, the garden rooms are just as big and ideally located.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank DoctorJayson
Rugby, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 14, 2012

The approach was a little worrying; thefirst alley was being dug up and the second led to a metal gate. Then we were past the gate into an oasis. A path by a greenery softened pool led to reception and immediately we were given cold towels and a glass of passionfruit juice. The room was big enough to make a 6ft wide bed seem modest, and the aircon was impressively powerful. breakfast choice was wide enough to please all four of us. However the lasting impression was made not by the above but by the consistently high level of friendly service offered by all the staff from night security boy to manager --just brilliant

Room Tip: Some have pool views, some provide street scene views take your pick
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank roandru
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed September 13, 2012

The Blue Lime is a beautiful Boutique Hotel virtually in the heart of Phnom Penh. The staff are very friendly and helpful, the room was spacious and clean, the (included) Breakfast delicious, and the pool just divine. Really enjoyed our stay here, would highly recommend it, and will definitely come back again when we are next in Cambodia. 10 out of 10!

Room Tip: We stayed firstly in a Garden Room, and at the end of our holiday in the main building on the 2nd Fl...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Ettalong Beach, Australia
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I spent one night at this gorgeous hotel, and my only regret is that I couldn't stay longer. On arrival at 8am, I was advised that the room was not yet ready (quite understandable, considering that check-in is around 2pm). Unexpectedly, I was offered breakfast - the dining area is next to the pool and the breakfast was delicious, especially the passionfruit juice. I was taken to my room about half an hour later - I had booked a garden room but, to my delight, found I had been upgraded to a pool room, which was gorgeous .... the plunge pool was large and was very welcome after a hot day sightseeing. The staff in all areas were super-friendly and efficient and the ambience overall was wonderful. The hotel is located down an alleyway, near to a very busy street but no street noise penetrated into the hotel area. The tuktuk drivers outside are all known to the reception staff, so little chance of getting ripped-off. Also, the place is very close to the Royal Palace and the National Museum (both well-worth visiting) and well within walking distance of the river. I can thoroughly recommend the Blue Lime to family and friends and I look forward to returning there on my next trip to Cambodia.

Room Tip: It is worth the extra for a garden room with a plunge pool
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank redape
Mount Gambier, Australia
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I stayed here last October (my second stay) and loved it again. What can I say... Great staff, grea breakfast, great atmosphere, love the pool, free computers in the lobby and free wifi in the hotel... Clean lovely funky room... few stairs to get there but thats okay... works off the food! Tucked away from the craziness of Phnom Penh... dont stay anywhere else.. this place is a complete bargain!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Wanderlust_Tarrants
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Next to all the great reviews I read about this hotel the thing that sold me on it was the unique use of concrete for furniture. At first this doesn't sound like a good idea but the cushions on the seat and the mattress on the bed were really good and I found that the concrete and the tile on the floors dry very quickly. This is great especially in the rainy season when you come in soaking wet. I also was told a few days after I left Phnom Phen that this is the hotel that locals recommend so that further bolstered my opinion of the place.

I loved the painted wall above my bed and the hand carved mirror. It gave the room character and were really good contrast to the concrete furniture. The bathroom was small but not cramped and it had an exhaust fan, something I find a lot of American hotels lack. At first I thought the water would never get warm but after about a minute of just letting it run it heated up nicely and stayed that way.

The pool area had a lot of lounges with curtains in case you wanted privacy. There were buildings on either side but the trees in the courtyard were a good buffer to keep the sound and any prying eyes out. The pool itself was really neat in that there was a lip that came up about a foot off the ground. The water came right up to the top so if it rained or someone was splashing about the water would run over and down a drain on the outside. A bar by the pool also offers a really good menu for breakfast and everything comes with a fruit tray and passion fruit juice. At first I had a hard time with the seeds but learned if you just swallow them whole it is a delicious drink.

I really enjoyed not only the room but the people there as well. They were all very prompt with requests and spoke outstanding English. I also found that the location of the hotel was a great spot for just about anything you could want. If you want to hire a tuk-tuk for the day, I recommend going with one of the drivers outside of the hotel as they seemed to be more honest then the ones I encountered elsewhere in the city. And just so you don't get ripped off, renting a tuk-tuk for the day shouldn't run you more than $30.

Room Tip: The room I had was off the lobby meaning I didn't have to carry my luggage up any stairs.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo