“Over priced and aimed at Europeans”
Review of Amara Spa

Amara Spa
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Nice facilities. Great tea. But generally nothing special and for the standard massage and treatments way over priced. I think the Europeans love it and think its cheap compared to home..

2  Thank VMacca

Reviewed September 1, 2012

I used to frequent this spa- as it's convenient, being on the riverside, with wi-fi and a juice after a massage.
The quality of the massage varies, depending on which masseuse you get. Most times, they are ok and given the overall ambience of the room and the nice clean showers, it's a comforting spa experience. The rooms are nicely set up, even though you have to climb up long flights of very dark steps. So you work out a little before you get to relax.

Manicure & pedicure: alright, not exceptionally good as they are not very thorough with scrubbing and tidying of cuticle. Uncomfortable seats squished in a corner.

The biggest down side: an unpleasant experience of having to deal with the manager. She was unwilling to honor a promotion they printed in a magazine, either that or she didn't know about it. Although she eventually had to give the discount when I pointed out it was spotted in a magazine found in their spa. Throughout, instead of addressing me directly, I had to speak with the receptionist (who was very nice) as the manager stood behind her with a very black face. At the end, they refused to accept my hundred dollar bill because it was "too old". Again, instead of the manager coming over, it was the receptionist who was extremely apologetic.

Obviously, I am no longer a regular.
But if I have to recommend a spa at the riverside, I'll still mention Amara, with disclaimers... Otherwise, I think Nata Spa is way better for the consistently good service, overall ambience and quality of massage.

5  Thank ArissaA
Reviewed August 2, 2012

it is near the water front and had a very easy going approach. The staff was helpful with discount vouchers for the next visit. The masseur was proficient and the place was clean.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

I have to admit this spa was perfect.
The price is high for Cambodia.
I beleive there is very good spa ib phnom penh that would have cost less. It was still a very relaxing experience

Reviewed July 6, 2012

Had a massage with my wife. I had Swedish massage which was firm but relaxing and wife had relaxing oil massage. Room was beautiful and clean, the massage was great and service outstanding. Maybe expensive for Phnom Penh? But bargain by our standards at 50 for the both of us for an hour considering the setting.