“Swiss in Cambodia?”

Cuisines: Asian, Austrian, German, Swiss
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed January 7, 2013

pretty quiet the night i went in and the food was OK but not fantastic and the atmosphere was a bit restrained as a result of being quiet with no other diners.

1  Thank plaistowboy

Reviewed September 6, 2012

Went to lunch the other day here, had the schnitzel, which was great. Have to say that the waitresses seem like they are on drugs, never smile, don't come back and ask how things are, see if you want anything else. Had to stand up and find one to get check because was afraid she wasn't coming back any time soon. Have never seen less enthusiastic service in Phnom Pehn, and have been to several restaurants in the 6 weeks that I have been here so far.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Went to Tell last night with a friend. We've been looking for a German restaurant in Phnom Penh to frequent since the Wagon Wheel disappeared. Read the reviews on TripAdvisor and gave it a shot. To me, the ambiance was great, but still something of a cross between Swiss chalet and Mexican adobe.....as someone else said, charming. I was surprised that initially we were the only Westerners there and most customers were Khmer. Not an issue, I just expected to see large European guys! Realizing that Khmer people are traveling more and there are those with a higher level of income. I thought the menu was quite well-rounded. I had the Jaeger Schnitzel which was very good. Personally, I would not have added green bell peppers (capsicorn?) to the mushroom sauce. The mashed potatoes were goo and it came with carrots and green beans. My friend had the Thueringer Bratwurst which were two, quite long, sausages over potato gratin and sauerkraut with a brown sauce. It was excellent and what I really should have ordered. We also tried a 3-cheese spread. It came out looking like cottage cheese with an odd coloring, but was quite tasty. I have to say the staff were excellent. Very friendly and took care of us in a very unobtrusive way....constantly refilling my water glass and bringing more bread without being requested, etc. I also had the Hofbrau wheat beer which was wonderful. My friend had Beck's which he enjoyed. The prices were higher than some places, but at the same time lower than others for the quality of the meat advertised...Brazilian, Argentinian and U.S. I will definitely go back...will likely skip the appetizer so I can have one more beer. There is outside seating that looks comfortable with an unusual garden and the indoors which had great aircon. I didn't realize, based on the set-up, how many people were actually in the restaurant. It was pretty crowded, but you couldn't tell.

1  Thank mowgli415
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Swiss food in Cambodia? Sound weird, but in this place - just behind Le Royal Hotel - I really enjoyed it. After all the noodles, luk lak, grasshoppers, rice and other Asian staple I was delighted to enjoy an exotic cheese fondue and hearty "Minced beef Zurich style". Very friendly service. Try it out.

1  Thank GinaReyesGonzales
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Tell is well known to the local residents of Phnom Penh. It is a Swiss restaurant with a wide menu selection. I had Goulash Soup which was Okay but not great and the Vienna Schnitzel which was well prepared, hot and appetizing but a bit tough. The wine list is basic but the house wines were a good fit for the meal.