“Friendly place with delicious italian food and a pool!”
Review of Le Duo (La Potenza) - CLOSED

Le Duo (La Potenza)
Cuisines: Italian
Yaounde, Cameroon
“Friendly place with delicious italian food and a pool!”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Great value if you want to swim as well. The italian dishes are great, especially the raviolis and the deserts.

Visited October 2013

Seattle, Washington
“average food. mixed service.”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

when I arrived at the restaurant earlier this evening, it was packed (with 1 very large group, and 2 or 3 smaller groups). I was seated promptly. the staff was friendly, but could see that they were harried and stressed out with multi-tasking. my pizza was average. not something I'd write home about. perhaps it was their off day? because my pizza didn't appear to be what other raters had described. when other tables were vacated, it took the staff a while to clean up (as it left a "cluttered" look/feel for a while). and I saw one staff trying to clean up a table only to find herself running over to another table to take an order, and it was a while before another staff was able to clean up and prepare the other table. maybe a bit understaffed with an unexpected large turn out? I'm not sure if I'd want to return. not because of the service, but mostly because the pizza itself was ok-ok (especially that I'm quite a pizzaholic, and if I could, I would be eating pizza on a daily basis).

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank d240i
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
“Eat Your Heart Terrazza”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I wrote a scathing review of the Terrazza pizza on this forum a couple of weeks back (See the entry titled 'Horror' under Terrazza). When I felt like pizza again and while still reeling from the Terrazza experience, I decided to go to the tried-and-true Le Duo which I had been frequenting for years prior. I wanted my palate either checked or cleansed. To be sure I was comparing things that were comparable I ordered a simple margarita at Le Duo, just like I did at Terrazza. What was served was absolutely spectacular: A nice thin crust that tasted great, that melted in my mouth and that did not take half an hour of chewing or a gallon of water to wash down; just the right amount of toppings and the right consistency; the right temperature. This is not an aberration and this is not me getting lucky with pizza at Le Duo and very unlucky with it at Terrazza. This has been the consistent pizza quality at Le Duo over years.

I have no reservations about recommending the pizza at Le Duo. If you want to give your money to an Italian restaurant in Phnom Penh that serves pizza, give it to Le Duo (I have no stake in Le Duo of any kind, other than to keep it open so that I can keep getting their great pizza).

• Visited February 2014
Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin
“Great fresh pizza”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

We had a great dinner and great service. The staff is really friendly and the food is fantastic. Mozzarella of high quality, delicious olive oil... An address to remember.

• Visited January 2014
Hoi An, Vietnam
“Good traditional pizza with a slow vibe”
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

The pizza was traditional (thin crust, wood fired) and tasty. Although my order was delivered promptly the pizza was more luke warm than piping hot, not such a problem since I was sitting outside.

Agree with others that the place had an odd (slow?) vibe & the music most certainly was for die hard romantics!