“Great food but a little buggy!”
Review of Le Duo (La Potenza) - CLOSED

Le Duo (La Potenza)
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Mechanicsville, Virginia
“Great food but a little buggy!”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

The food at Duo was great. A huge selection of pizza and pasta. We sat inside in a large air conditioned room. As we flipped through the menu lots of little bugs were running all over it. There were also ants running all over the tablecloth and actually crawled into my salad. Not sure I would go back>>>>>>>

• Visited May 2013

Brisbane, Australia
“Nice food and lovely service”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Fairly good value for money, our meals were tasty! But a little warning, the pizza portions are on the small side for the amount you pay! Friendly service, and I would return for the pasta but not the tiny pizza.

• Visited April 2013
Tucson, AZ
“who kew? great pizza in Phnom Phen”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I went around the corner from my hotel to the ATM machine and noticed this restaurant. It seemed unlikely that there would be really good pizza in Cambodia but I was tired and the ambience of the restaurant was inviting. The menu is extensive with many pizzas and pasta dishes. I had a salad with warm bacon and a honey mustard dressing that was very fresh and a good starter. I ordered a small pizza with anchovies. I love anchovies and I can never find anyone who will share one with me. Fortunately, I was alone. I think the anchovies were fresh, the crust was thin and crispy the way I like it and the sauce was very nice and not over powering. I followed dinner with a very good cappuccino. This restaurant is a little off the beaten path and well worth a visit.

• Visited March 2013
Bangkok, Thailand
“Large Menu”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We were only staying one street away and was told about this by another guest at our hotel so when were not feeling like heading to the riverside area we would walk here.
I would not say it is the best Italian I have ever had, but it was far from the worst, everything we order was fresh and flavoursome and the price is comparable to other restaurants in Phnom Penh.
The menu is very big and you could go back several times and still not have the same thing twice and the fact that the pasta dishes come in both medium and large you can enjoy more of the antipasto or salad..... or even desert.
I love the fact that there is Air Con and Non Air Con seating as there is nothing worse then freezing while trying to enjoy a meal.

• Visited February 2013
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
“Still one of the best Italian restaurants in Phnom Penh”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I haven't reviewed this restaurant for a long time, so I thought I'd have another go based on my meal there last night.

The best new thing is the re-division of the "outdoor" dining area. The children's area, including pool, is not completely separated from the dining area. The menu hasn't been updated in years, but it doesn't really need it. Service can be a bit slow, but is generally efficient. My mail complaint is the amount of cheese that comes with the taster plate. It's shaved Parmesan, but there are only a few shavings on the $10 large portion. Also, although all our party ordered pasta, we had to ask for grated Parmesan cheese. We only got a spoonful, so asked for more, but even this wasn't enough for our needs.

The food, however, is great.

• Visited February 2013