“Best Place I Stayed” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Amber Villa & Restaurant

Amber Villa & Restaurant
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Phnom Penh
Amber Villa & Restaurant
Ranked #165 of 274 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Wagga Wagga, Australia
“Best Place I Stayed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2011

Lovely staff, good service. My favourite place in Phnom Penh

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank EllieAsh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2011

This hotel is just average and overpriced. I do not understand at all why it is marked at the Lonley Planet as their "pick-up" ? The rooms are very simple and dark, at least the one we go for a high price, window faced a wall. The breakfast is included, but be carefull when the staff ask you if you whant to have a second cup of coffee as you will be charged for this re-fill ! The best of this place is maybe the location, as there are many good restaurants just outside around the streets.
I'm still wondering what the autor of the famous Lonley Planet travel book find that special on this place - we did not find it at all and we would say the high room price are not the value you expect !

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2010

When you book here, like it or not, you can end up in one of a number of hotels in the area run by the same people. In the hotel we stayed in the rooms were clean enough though a bit dark and hardly roomy. The service was ok but slightly officious to start with (maybe just a big city thing) but they did become a little friendlier over time.

We had to catch a bus in the morning (which the hotel had organised for us) but the breakfast took so long to arrive we really had little time to eat it. What we had was just ok.

There are certainly better places to eat than in the restaurant.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Columbia, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2010

I stayed at the Amber Villa for a week, and enjoyed it. They have nice big rooms, friendly staff and great food. They also included a free breakfast, which was always excellent, they had great coffee, free wifi and laundry. While it is not located near the popular sights, it central enough that everything is a short tuk tuk or moto ride away. I highly recommend the Amber Villa and would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2010

We stayed at Amber House, which is the guesthouse down the street from Amber Villa. Our room was ok, clean but up about 5 flights of stairs. The first morning we were woken up by a terrible rattling, and when we complained they said it was the airconditioner for the building behind us (our room view was about 5 air conditioning units and the building behind us). We told them we just couldn't wake up every morning to the. They showed us two other rooms, the first room had a hole in the ceiling above the shower and looked as though the ceiling would fall in. The second room fad really bad water damage and they told us the roof where all the garbage was had been leaking but was fixed. We obviously. Didn't take either one, so they showed us a room in some building across the street which totally disgusting. They only offered us a villa room if we paid $40 per night.
Anyway, after breakfast they assured us the air conditioner was fixed. So we stayed. It wasn't.
We were very disappointed with the service we received during this situation, also seeing some of the other rooms it looks like they really need to do some renovations.

• Stayed October 2010
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2010

I stayed at The Amber House in October 2009 while traveling with my sister and parents. When I began working in Phnom Penh in 2010, I stationed myself at The Amber House for almost 3 weeks.

The staff were all very helpful and knowledgeable, especially Wana, who you'll often see at the front desk. They were able to help with all of my business and tourism needs, and really went above and beyond my expectations to ensure that I had a happy stay.

The Amber House is small and easy to find. It is located on a funky street just around the corner from Independence Monument. There's lots of cute little bars and restaurants. Right next door is a pool, and you can order lunch or a cocktail and swim for free. Riverside is just a short walk away.

For business travelers, The Amber House offered me a discount NGO rate. They provided me with internet connection, made me breakfast and pressed my laundry for free.

I will definitely stay again, and recommend to all family and friends!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank Nina0013
New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2009

Nice cosy place, restaurant had a great atmosphere with live music the night we were there (they have it twice a week apparently). Great breakfast and dinner.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple