“Hostel”
Review of Welcome Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Phnom Penh
Welcome Inn
Ranked #100 of 334 Phnom Penh B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 17, 2012

I stayed at the hostel Velkommen. The staff were one of the friendliest I've seen while travelling. Great value for money! Very clean and the bar is a great way to meet people and just hang out. Great location. Great staff. Great rooms.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed January 13, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at Velkommen Inn. The $20 room was clean, quiet spacious with TV, fridge, WiFi and a safe. Great location, near to the riverfront. The owner and the staff are very friendly and helpful. Good value for money by Phnom Penh standards.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 16, 2011

Based on the room description and email corrospondence with the owner, booked the pent house suite at $45 per night excl breakfast to treat my hubby on our 1st night in Cambodia at the end of Nov. We were not looking for budget accommodation but rather abiance. As a fellow guest house owner we would never expect our top paying guest (55yrs old) to carry his suitcase 6 flights of stairs. Very standard room for the price, side view to the river. I posted this review under the other site ,Velkommen Backpackers, which appears to be the same venue, hence a repeat. The Owner sent me a very rude email after my first review which really surprised me as I Would have expected an apology for not meeting our expectations. I am reposting the review under the applicable website as I am of the opinion that as a foreign tourist, we owe it to other fellow tourists to report sub standard service. After 3 weeks of travelling in Cambodia, this guest house was the most expensive with the least value.

• Stayed: November 2011
3  Thank HandsOn_10
Reviewed December 15, 2011

We enjoyed our stay at the Velkommen Inn in Phnom Penh - the location was great, near to the riverfront with lots of bars and restaurants around. The room we had was quite basic and a little bit dark (window onto a wall) but clean, comfortable, fully functional and great value for money (we paid around $14 for a standard double with a/c during off-peak season). All the staff were very welcoming and friendly and we would definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 8, 2011

Velkommen Inn is a very friendly place to stay in Phnom Penh. Close to Riverside and the markets. The food is delicious and it is served with a smile. The Norwegian owner knows everything about the city, and I have learnt a lot from him.
It is one of my favourites here in town, because it is always nice to sit down outside the guesthouse to chat about life and curiosities in this beautiful country. A home away from home!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank AndreasJunior
Reviewed November 30, 2011

I stayed in the same street but I read on trip adviser that Velkommen had an excellent chicken roll. Well I had to try it and tonight I am back for my second one. Excellent staff. Good food. Next time I might stay here. Enjoy

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed November 23, 2011

Excellant location great room just a little bit noisy in the mornings, but would stay there again.
Didn't have credit card facillities when we were there was the only down fall for us.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple