Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
$17
Free cancellation until 11/06/21
eDreams$34
Travelocity
All reviews rooftop bar night market comfortable stay street noise spacious room the location is perfect stay in phnom penh riverside balcony fridge closet
Selected filters
Reviewed April 18, 2019

We, mum dad and 7 year old son, stayed in this hotel during April 2019. We stayed in two rooms, the first was a room with no windows and not really suited to us so we stayed for only one night but it was very clean and would have been perfectly adequate for a single traveler for short stay while the second was a ‘King suite’ that was on the 9th floor and more than met our needs. Being on the 9th floor meant that the views were very nice and the space provided made it feel rather luxurious.

I would recommend the hotel to anyone wanting to stay in Phnom Penh as although the rooms are beginning to feel a little tired they are clean and felt like really good value for money.

Bathroom
The shower was provided by way of an electric shower so the temperature was fully controllable and not reliant on a solar source. It was provided in its own very large ‘wet area’ that could have fitted 6 people with no problem that meant that the toilet area was kept dry. There was an occasional ‘bad smell’ that seemed to be linked to the extractor fan being left on for too long and possibly drawing smell from drain.

Breakfast
The breakfast was a buffet of warm items with extras of toast and fruit but was a little disappointing due to the items not being hot. Warm fried rice with warm eggs never quite did it for me but I never saw the breakfast area busy so there was always space to sit easily.

Location
The hotel is based near to the river Tonle Sap that comes from Siem Reap and is very close to the main bar areas of the city. During the day this means it is quite quiet but it comes alive at night. Being close to the river meant that there was a really nice view of the boats plying their trade as well as a nice city view back in the other direction back up to Central Market.

Other
The room claimed to have a balcony but it was not really big enough for anything except drying wet clothes. This was not a big drawback for us as the interior space and great views out of the windows meant that you could stay in the air-con and still not feel too closed in. Being here in the hot season meant that the air-con was having to work extra hard and it did struggle to chill the room even when left on all of the time but the room was kept just cool. A room this size really needs a larger than average air-con unit or maybe it just needed servicing.

The power to the room is only provided when your room key is inserted into unit provided and it requires a special card (not just a business card like the older ones) and so the fridge is not switched on during the day when you are not there. I find this a real pain but is a common theme in Cambodian hotel rooms.

The staff were attentive enough and the desk was always manned together with a security presence outside during the night.

The lift is a little slow but essential to get to your room on the upper floors.

The rooftop bar is a bit of a joy to sit at on a hot evening due to the lovely breeze and stunning views of the city lights. This selling point has not been lost on the hotel and so it is marketed externally so gets well used by non-guests and the drink prices are a little higher than elsewhere.

The WiFi was more than adequate for my needs but I was not expecting to stream movies or anything else that requires a fast consistent signal.

We paid about 42$ for our room but I am sure this would change with season and demand. I have paid more for room in Phnom Penh and I have paid less but this feels like good value for money.

If you have a smart phone that will have internet access in Cambodia then download PassApp as this is the local Uber that is used to call TukTuks and seems to be much cheaper and easier than hailing TukTuk and negotiating price (I reckon 50% cheaper at night).

Room tip: Ask for a river view.
Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 13, 2019 via mobile

Very bad Hotel. Very very small and dirty. Staff r not supportive. Everything is bad. Breakfast quality is not good. Not good to stay. U will feel suffocated. Very cosy hotel. Rooms r stinking. Cleaning is not good. Hotel location is also bad. It does not look hotel but a store

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed April 12, 2019 via mobile

good location for female solo traveler. all of the staff very helpful, speacially a man at the front office in the afternoon-night shift. only one thing here i don't like is the room quiet small, but it's not important this hotel will be my first choice if i have an opportunity to go to phnom penh again

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed March 27, 2019

I stayed 3 nights in this hotel. I booked a deluxe room with window (advertised: city view). When I arrived to check in, I was told my room has been upgraded to a junior suite (which made me happy).
Positives of Room 303 (junior suite):
- spacious, clean and had a small fridge, kettle, cups and a safe.
- Bathroom was spacious, water pressure/hot water was well controllable.
- Most of the staff were friendly
Negatives:
- Water was leaking from the bottom of the toilet bowl (where the bowl was fixed to the floor). Reported to the manager (I assumed), with lack of customer relationship skills, didn’t want to come and have a look, act or provide an alternative solution. I had to put towels around the toilet bowl. The smell was manageable. As far as I can remember, similar issue was mentioned by a reviewer previously.
- It had a window and a door (with outside view) but no city view. The view was actually some walls of the neighbouring buildings and roof top antenna. The door (with outside view) couldn’t close properly and the outside heat and noise (from the AC external unit) was in th room. This was fixed (after reporting) on the second day of my stay.

I think management need to take more attention to the proper maintenance of the rooms. It is important that customers have a pleasant stay without worrying about unpleasant issues related to the room

Room tip: Don’t choose room 303 (hopefully repairs will be done soon)
Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed March 4, 2019

A nice hotel for small money. A great roof terrace with a bar. Rooms large enough, equipped enough. The elevator works, although it is very slow. Great location, almost on the banks of the river. The cozy breakfasts, very nice and helpful staff.

Room tip: Some rooms on the upper floors have a view of the river. Most, however, have a view of the neighboring buildings.
Date of stay: November 2018