“1 night only in this strange guesthouse”

Last Home Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Phnom Penh
Last Home Guest House
Ranked #183 of 321 Phnom Penh B&B and Inns
Chiang Mai, Thailand
“1 night only in this strange guesthouse”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

First bed bugs. I didn't saw them in my life for 25 years. OK traveling a lot now it might once happen and it did in this guesthouse. They were vary in size I count near 10 bugs. Barely could sleep.
I sleeped in many cheap guesthouses but room on 4th floor was smth new for me. I didn't checked shower well. Just saw it have shower so I booked room. But to my big surprise it have only shower in room but not toilet! Never saw only shower in room.
They have restaurant but never saw anybody it here.
Looks like best time for this guesthouse has gone and owner not much care anymore. Like something happened in her life and now all place looks and feels little depressive

Room Tip: This street is full of guesthouses in same price range Just look more places down street on opposite...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Eugene7777777

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

Worst hotel in the universe. Bed bugs completely annihilated me. Would recommend if you want to get eaten alive by bed bugs - not even kidding, it's worse than bad. To be fair, the little boy who worked there (sonny) is awesome

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Jaimedamaori

Travelers are raving about these Phnom Penh hotels

Reviewed May 3, 2013

I took a room here based on the recommendations of Lonely Planet. Oh God, the lobby was really messy but the hotel still looked somewhat acceptable. The lights didn't work so I asked for them to fix it. After that, they didn't know where the keys were and the owner had the cheek to suggest I go for dinner first while they tried to find the key. I insisted they find it at once, and it took them another 10 minutes to try key after key. By this time it was 9pm, I was hungry and tired.. I repacked my bag and left.

For a dollar more, I found Royal Guesthouse just around the corner which was clean, welcoming, and a huge difference to this hotel.

The only guests in this hotel that I saw were young, male backpackers who probably would tolerate the mess. For USD5, they could stay in a private room (Shared bathroom). I almost paid more for a private room with private bathroom but I'm glad I left!!!

Room Tip: The 16 dollar room looked OK, but I can't really say. You still feel grossed out passing through...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank lauryn6061
Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

I spent two nights there. I didn't see the bugs but I got serious allergic symptoms. I had know idea about what happen on my skin and thought it's only normal allergic. Then I had insomnia and spreading redness skin rash. My skin looks so bad as the brown scar left on my skin after recovered. I've spent around 450 dollars in Australia for treatment. The worst experience ever!!!

• Stayed March 2013
Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

Other reviewers right about owner being disinterested and so on. But my biggest problem is that I woke up at the middle of the night feeling ichy all over. After some struggling I finally decided to get up and check. Found about 4 or 5 bigger bugs on the bed and sheet. Black, about 5mm, not sure what bug. Tried to snap them but a couple pretended dead and got away the next morning I guess. Didn't care to count smaller ones, and I changed to the other bed and had the light on the whole night so I could defend myself should they show up. Fortunately they didn't again.
Check the sheets for blood smears first if you still want to stay here.

• Stayed March 2013
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed February 24, 2013

The room was not very clean with some stains on the wall and bathroom. A little bad smell from the room because everything is old and not cleaned thoroughly after guests left. Only upon request, I was given a roll of tissue paper. Instead of a piece of soap, the owner/lady gave me a box of washing powder. Was this meant to wash hands/body? No free bottles of water given as those in other guesthouse/hotels in Cambodia. Refilling 1.5L = 5000R. Though no much money, this was surely some kind of hospitality. The only thing was the air-conditioner was quiet and good location. But there are some more choices along this street.

Room Tip: Go away to look for others on the same street
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank jwykam
Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

The room seemed fine when we got there although the owner was surely and disinterested. However after 15 minutes of being in the room the smell of sewage became very strong. We realised it was coming from the bathroom, it was so strong we were loathed to go on there even just to use the toilet. We also found the biggest cockroach I have ever seen right next to the toilet. When we informed the owner of this she seemed unperturbed and merely shrugged. We had asked for just a fan room so we took the AC remote down to the desk. However the AC kept turning itself on through out the evening and we informed the owner of this. At 3am we woke up freezing as the AC has turned itself on again and because there was no one at the desk we couldn't turn it off. The owner also tried to charge us for the use of the AC. All in all the 8 bucks we spent here was ridiculous for the room and the service we received.

• Stayed November 2012