“Great location”

Last Home Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Phnom Penh
Last Home Guest House
Ranked #186 of 327 Phnom Penh B&B and Inns
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Great location”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

I fond this guesthouse in LP and didn't check tripadvisor before hand.

The review which mentions the clutter is correct, the owners sure are hoarders, as far as I could see there was clutter in at least one room on each floor. We're talking empty glass bottles, brushes, broken showers, buckets .... I am a tidy person so this struck me as very odd but did not ruin my stay.

My room was on the top floor - yep, there are a lot of steps! The beds were of the foam variety and large singles. Personally, I found the beds comfortable if a little strange at first (you sink right in to them). The bed linen was clean.

Cable TV worked well with maybe 2 English speaking channels.

It sounds as if I lucked out as I had 2 windows each looking out on to the street, this meant that with both windows open and the fan on the room was cool. However, the street is busy and noisy - not an option for light sleepers.

The bathroom was of a good enough quality. Water pressure was as expected in Asia, not great but you just have to accept that! Bathroom was cleanish, the usual cobwebs adorned the ceiling. After a shower a drain smell would gradually fill the bathroom and would get steadily worse throughout the night. With the door shut, the smell was contained.

I mentioned the smell to the owner and daughter the next morning. The smell was dealt with that day whilst I was out. I was told the smell may come back and sure enough it did. I told the daughter again the next day and she sorted it. The smell is the problem experienced throughout PP, the city has a sewerage system that requires some work and this problem will not be contained to just Last Home.

I didn't find any of the staff rude, only helpful and understanding. Nothing was stolen. I didn't eat at the guesthouse; I agree with another review that the kitchen didn't look great.

Location is good and there are plenty of cafes, bars and restaurants close by. Friends Restaurant, Seeing Hands massage and Friends n Stuff is just around the corner.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of the building have windows looking out - the street is noisy.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank SoloPacker

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 8, 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed here for 2 nights and got a double room with fan and cold water for $8. The owner seemed slightly disinterested in us when we arrived and we were shown to a room on the top floor which was quite a hike. The kitchen looked very badly kept so we did not eat there while we stayed. The bathroom was extremely small and there was a strong sewage smell coming from it at all times. The fan made very little difference to the temperature of the room and I had to sleep without any cover at all and was still too hot. There were also random wires sticking out of the walls but the cable tv worked ok. Obviously we went for the cheap room but have experienced considerably better facilities for the same price elsewhere. If you are intending on staying here, and AC room is probably advisable but there are better options on the same street.

Room Tip: If you are desperate to stay here you will need an AC room.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Phnom Penh hotels

San Francisco, California
Reviewed November 11, 2011

I booked this as a basic room ($13 for a room with AC)
The linens were clean and the room itself was fairly clean, but worn around the edges. The bathroom had not really been cleaned. Overall it was a decent value. They had lockers for safe items that you can add additional safety of a pad lock if you dont feel good with the locks that are part of the locker itself.

For some reason I did really end up liking the staff. there was something almost family like to me about them. The owner was always around and was helfpul and friendly.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Kenya
Reviewed September 15, 2011

The room was $7 for two single beds (fan) and an ensuite shower (there's a shared toilet in the hall; on our floor there was no toilet seat). Friendly staff, clean, and a great location close to the river. There's a restaurant in the lobby.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Reviewed September 6, 2011

While recommended by the Lonely Planet, we experienced that this is a truely bad hotel with also an unfriendly staff (both owner and her daughter). Spacious but terrible room, old matresses with lots of allergens, water (or sewage?) was dripping from the ceiling on the toilet and bath, everthing was broken in the bathroom, we had a few cm of water in part of our room during a heavy shower. With regard to the breakfast: we had negotiated the price of the room including breakfast being told that their breakfast is very nice, the next morning however, we could only make one choice, or coffee/tea or a bread, after complaiining about the room and their service, we were allowed to choose two things. we immediately left after the poor breakfast in order to never come back and to review this hotel here.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank pieter h
Herts, UK
Reviewed September 2, 2011

Whilst the rooms were a good size the bathroom here was terrible. Cracked toilet seat, broken taps in the sink (only one tap worked and that only a trickle), the kind of shower where more water comes out of the pipe than the shower head, patched up everywhere and not clean. The air con worked well in the room but there was no window. Worst of all we found a used condom (not ours) under the bed.
The free breakfast was decent enough.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Glasgow
Reviewed December 20, 2010

Lovely place but I got my shoes nicked after leaving them outside my room. I reckon it was one of the staff but of course everyone denied. Just be careful.

• Stayed January 2010