“Diversion from the city”

Tasek Lama Recreational Park
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed February 22, 2014

An escape from the city. Nice trails. Tidy and clean. Failed to see the monkeys but they should be there.

1  Thank AbracadabraEngland
There are newer reviews for Tasek Lama Recreational Park

Reviewed January 26, 2014

A beautiful park near / in the city area. Great trails for walking. Be advised most trails are challenging. Lovely setting including a waterfall. A lot of wildlife, monkeys, birds, butterflies. Be sure to have good shoes and plenty of water.

2  Thank Richard K
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Unfortunately I left this part of my stay in Brunei till the last day and on our final day there it was pouring rain, so much that parts of Brunei actually flooded.

The rain still did not stop both my partner and I to jump in our rental car and drive along the path into the park, as expected the park was absolutely empty.

Although we stayed in the car while driving through the park I saw lots of photo opportunities, nice places to sit and relax, rock climbing and monkeys! A monkey actually ran past our car which was a very unique sight for both my partner and I.

We eventually got out of the car at the end of the park's ashphalt path and took a few quick snapshots near the waterfall.

Just dissapointed I had left this part of our journey to our last day which was rainy :(

My advise? Go here straight away if the weather is permitting.

2  Thank Emin C
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Beautiful park suitable for all ages. A stroll for the toddlers or elderly. For others can take a more challenging hike. Various routes. Good idea to wear good shoes and bring water. First timers..better to go with some experienced walkers.

Lovely waterfall, places to soak d tired feed, playground or exercise.

On Fridays and Sundays around 7am there is a group of people doing some exercise. It's free. Open to all just join in to stay fit.

Great park hidden in ear d city

1  Thank C K
Reviewed January 13, 2014

We hiked for about 1 mile but there are other hikes which a about 4 miles long. Beautifully kept and paved and definitely worth seeing and experiencing it. Make sure you are wearing shorts and t-Shirt as you will definitely sweat. Humidity while we were there was 85%. beautiful view from the tower and saw monkeys close by when going uphill. Beautiful falls and a great place to cool off and take great picture. There are also exercise equipment to keep you going, if the hike was not enough- Great Idea. Lovely people and most can communicate in English which was a great help.

2  Thank AlnoorSaleh786