All reviews water village walking distance tamu kianggeh the hotel's restaurant central location water taxi free wifi boat ride nice hotel excellent location rooms are small bus terminal during ramadan royal regalia museum short stay market taxis
Reviewed July 29, 2017

we cam to town early evening and coming from Ho Chi Min City. We were kind of exhausted, the friendly staff helped us with our luggage, and we took an hours nap, wanted to go out of the hotel... when we left the hotel... there was nobody it was like ghost town... that was strange, we returned to the hotel and had dinner in the in house restaurant... something light and very delicious. We retired, the room had everything we needed...Wifi: If you want to use this, be aware of their laws,... u have to be carefull ...
One day in the city is plenty, and we left the following afternoon we went on to Manila.

• Stayed: October 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stephan G
Reviewed July 11, 2017 via mobile

The hotel is very central. The rooms are far too small. Close to bus terminal and river ferries and market. Nice restaurants walking distances. The water village was nice just catch the ferries across the road.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Subhan A
Reviewed July 6, 2017 via mobile

I got the free pickup from the airport late at night and the driver helped me get cash from the atm and then talked to me about things to do in BSB. He then arranged for me to go to the palace the following morning to meet the Queen during Hari Raya! It really happened (they open the palace only 3 days a year and I was there then ). Staff were very helpful in trying to organise my requests, although they didn't really have a tour information service. I was a solo traveller and so you cannot do anything by yourself; you have to pay double for any trips. This meant I had to figure out other trips in my own and sometimes the staff couldn't help. Might be an idea for them to have some sort of information available for solo travellers. Room was lovely and spacious and the location was great for walking around. Very close to River front. Would definitely stay again as I was very happy here!

Stayed: July 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed June 28, 2017

Only stayed in Brunei 1 night, as there isn't much to do in Bandar Seri Begawan. The staff are very helpful, the dinner buffet is lovely with excellent choices of all sorts of food. Normally we don't eat dinner in hotels but due to Ramadan we decided it was too late to get to the food markets etc.

A note on Ramadan, although a strict Muslim country, Brunei is not oppressive (unlike some places in the middle east) so the people are very friendly and welcome guests. Due to the strictness of Islam in Brunei, not even foreigners are allowed to drink or eat in public. You have to order something and take it back to your hotel room. We spoke about this to our taxi driver, who was a nice lady from malaysia, she said she personally didn't mind tourists eating and drinking in public during ramadan. Personally I would feel weird doing it in front of people who couldn't eat or drink for hours, out of respect we adhered to their ways and customs. I would encourage everyone to do the same.

The taxi was very reasonable from the airport, don't assume the driver is trying to scam you when they ask whether you want the meter on or a fixed priced. The meter was actually the same price, which included the driver taking us for photos at the sultans palace entrance as well as the big mosque. Well worth it!

Great hotel for a stop over in Brunei, probably the best value in town.

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 26, 2017

This is a good place to stay in down town if you have to - BSB can be somewhat boring. Rooms are large and the breakfast is quite alright. At high tide its just a few steps to the riverbank where one can catch a speed boat water taxi. All other sights are in walking distance if you can manage the heat. Very friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled solo