All reviews water village walking distance tamu kianggeh the hotel's restaurant central location water taxi free wifi boat ride nice hotel excellent location rooms are small bus terminal during ramadan royal regalia museum short stay market taxis
Reviewed April 30, 2017

Great location in downtown Bandar Seri Begawan. You can walk to the major sites from here. It's 1 minute from the outdoor market area and a 4 minute walk to the waterfront area where you can pick up boats to go to the water villages.

Staff was very friendly and attentive. If you book via the hotel website, they will provide free airport pickup/drop off. Wish I'd known this before. I emailed the hotel to arrange airport drop off/pick up and they got back to me right away and quoted me the same price as normal taxis, which was very nice. Usually hotels charge a lot more for their airport services, but they did not, which I appreciated. The car was spacious & clean, driver was very friendly and there right on time to pick me up from the airport, even though I arrived a bit early.

The rooms are basic, which is understandable as it's not very expensive, but there aren't many options in Brunei. But the place is clean, staff are nice, it's a good value, and the location can't be beat. While I wouldn't stay here for weeks on end, it's good enough for a few nights if you want to explore the city.

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank TravelHabibti1414
Reviewed April 28, 2017

Had a charity event at this hotel.

The staff is really helpful and skilful too. One of the backdrop could not work well, Allan and his team went all out to help us to resolve the challenge.

Food served on time, and the setup was neat.

Overall the team is accommodating.

Only down side, kind of challenging to find places to park the car.

Stayed: April 2017
Reviewed March 24, 2017

We visited during Ramadan which was an interesting experience. Being a strictly Muslim country, food is not consumed between sunrise and sunset so breakfast was served in a conference room with the windows blacked out out of respect. It was also a Friday, meaning that everything in Brunei shuts from 12 til 2 for prayer. The hotel were very accommodating in allowing us to have a late checkout so that we could return to our room during this 2 hour period rather than wander around a ghost town. They were also happy to store our luggage until late afternoon when our flight left. Make sure you ask for a room overlooking the Kianggeh Market.

• Stayed: July 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 14, 2017

We had a horrible experience here. We should have known based on the price that there was a lot wrong and there certainly was. We had problems with the airport pick up, with the receptionist, with the manager, with everybody associated with this place. The bed was totally un-sleepable which is a crime in our book. Absolutely do not even think about staying at this hotel. Horrible horrible horrible!!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 11, 2017

The good... Staff were very friendly, always had a smile.
Airport transfer was good, although I could not see my name as the man had it taped to the window next to the door, while on his phone. You always look for someone holding the sign. I booked months prior and requested a high floor and view of the market, like TA reviews suggested. I got 1st floor, facing another street. Why? I stayed 2 nights. The next day when I got a bath mat with a hole in it and a doona cover with a hole in it, I asked what their occupancy was .. 25% .. Again why? Told them about the linen, nothing done to replace them. The vinyl floor had pieces torn from it. At that occupancy, why not give guests good rooms, so they will leave good reviews.
Breakfast was a large choice, but not for Europeans.

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled solo