“Great Choice for a business trip”

Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam
singapore
“Great Choice for a business trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

It was a weekend business trip meeting for me. I stayed on the 6th floor, the business class rooms. The rooms are spacious, clean and refurbished well. Nice shower bathroom with 2 kinds of shower heads. Best of all the shower doesn't flood the floor after you took showers. I hate when that happen in hotels. Each room was equipped with iron & ironing board which is a plus for me. The double bed is spacious and well sized. I slept really well coz the pillows are comfy not too soft or flat. The bed linens are superbly clean.

I love the fact that the 6th floor rooms are on the same level as the business centre. So we needed just to walk there to meet our business partners from Brunei. It's just unfortunate our rushed trip had to be on a weekend, thus we were tied to the limited hours the centre was opened but the staff were nice & gave us some leeways.

I was impressed by the fast & excellent room service. We arrived at midnight and my in-flight meal was awful. But the cream of pumpkin soup w garlic toast was AWESOME for some light comfort before bed, Thanks to the room service staff who suggested that to me. The breakfast spread too was good, we love it.

Our return flight was yesterday, sunday at 6.30pm. The front desk was happy to extend our checkout to 4.30pm with no charge. That gave us a couple of hours to venture to Gadong for a little shopping treat and came back for a nice clean shower before leaving to the airport.

The hotel is AWESOME for business trips coz the location is on the quieter side of Brunei compared to Gadong... I will book at Radisson again when I visit in December.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
PeterFeran, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Dear "fauz",
Thank you for your excellent review about your recent visit to the Radisson Hotel Brunei, I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay, in particular that you appreciated the new facilities provided in our newly renovated rooms and Business Class Lounge together with our fast and friendly service.

On behalf of the Radisson Brunei Team we all look forward to seeing you back with us again when you next return to Brunei.

pferan@radisson.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

Stayed here only for 2 nights with my family, the hotel is located just near to everything so we just walked our way to the regalia museum, Omar Ali Mosque , Yayasan mall & kampong ayer. There's also a night market just in front of the hotel where they sell different kinds of stuffs & food.
The hotel is clean, staffs are friendly & helpful, lunch buffet has many choices & prices are reasonable....
There's a small pool which my daughter enjoyed very much as there is noting much to do & see in Brunei.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
PeterFeran, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear jennypascual007,
Thank you very much for your review about your recent stay at the Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam, I am very pleased that your overall experience was an enjoyable one, in particular that our friendly team made your stay that much more enjoyable.

We all look forward to having you back with us again when you next return to Brunei.

Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

After having just stayed at brilliant hotels in Dubai, coming to the Radisson has been a radical change. If we had of stayed here first on a way to Dubai the Radisson would have seemed a reasonably good hotel choice considering the very limited choice here in Brunei.

The rooms are very standard, very stuffy and smelly, and the bathroom floor not cleaned well, lots of grubby marks everywhere. The corridor to the rooms needed a good vacuum and something to get rid of the awful and unwelcoming smell. Considering the recent refurbishment, the hotel is disappointing and still requires paint work in many areas or at least the walls need a good scrub.

The buffet is very average with most food having very little taste with not much attention being paid to replenishing the food.

This Radisson is not anywhere near up to the equivalent standards of other Radisson Hotels we have stayed in. We also found that the service has not been overly friendly or helpful. For comparison for Australians, I feel the hotel is of a 3 star rating.

The pool area at the Radisson has been our only saviour here as it is comfortable and clean. Otherwise it would have made for a very non memorable stay.

However, after our city tour there is very little choice of accommodation. We have been here 4 days too many. If I had known any better, I would definitely not have chosen to stay in Brunei as a stop over between Australia and Dubai There is very little to do and the city is very unwelcoming. Not many, if any, smiles, hello's or help from the locals. We have all been out touring well dressed with knees and arms covered so as not to offend anyone. The locals appear very conservative.

We have not had a bad experience here, it is just that there is truly nothing of any great interest to do, and outside of the hotel as a tourist, you do not get a very welcoming feeling from anyone. Very odd for an Asian country of which we have travelled in many.

I would have to honestly say that for those that thought the Radisson was excellent really mean excellent compared to a very limited and basic choice in Brunei or they have nothing better that they can compare it too.

If you have low standards you will find the Radisson good, if you have experienced great hotels world wide you will be sadly disappointed, as is our family. I guess it is reasonable value for the room rates offered.

I do not mean to be negative or judgemental but am trying to provide fair and reasonable comments for anyone considering a stop over on the way from Australia, Dubai or Europe.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Veztar
PeterFeran, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Veztar,
Thank you for your comprehensive review about your recent stay at the Radisson in Brunei, I always appreciate feedback.

I am disappointed to read that your overall experience at both the hotel and throughout Brunei was well below your expectations and the service that you received throughout your trip was not what both us at the hotel and the local community pride ourselves on, in particular that you did not enjoy our newly renovated rooms and suites.

As your feedback is very valuable, I would greatly appreciate it if you could please email me at pferan@radisson.com so that I can get some specific details from you in order for me to follow up further on the issues that you have highlighted, it would be most helpful.

Istanbul, Turkey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

Hotel located in a good place to reach all required places for me.The hotel itself was very clean during my stay and it was the biggest advantage. Breakfast was not bad, but can be better by adding some more flavor.There were no additional things in the hotel but the existing stuff and service were almost excellent.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank ismail t
PeterFeran, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear imail t,
Thank you for your review about your recent experience at the Radisson Hotel Brunei, your feedback is very important and very appreciated.

I am very pleased to read that your overall experience was a positive one and look forward to welcoming you back when you next return to Brunei.

Ballarat, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

The staff at this hotel were wonderful. They really made us feel welcome and even though we only stayed for two nights, we were treated as though we were important long term customers.
The room was well cleaned and good quality. But just a 'normal' hotel room. I am sure the suites would be fantastic. Great range of amenities in the bathroom.
We found the breakfast good value and easier than eating elsewhere.
The location is excellent for walking around the town center, but of course the city is quite spread out and public transportation is nonexistent and taxis hard to come by. We booked a private tour which we found worthwhile.
I really would recommend this hotel and wish I could return tomorrow.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Kathiiy
PeterFeran, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Kathiiy,
Thank you for your review about your recent stay with us at the Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam, I am very pleased to read that you had an enjoyable visit, in particular that you enjoyed our friendly service and newly renovated rooms. Please do enquire about newly renovated suites as we have several options that I am sure will cater to your requirements.

On behalf of the Radisson Hotel Brunei team, we all look forward to welcoming you back when you next visit Brunei.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

Best hotel in BSB Brunei. Great location. In between the capital and Gadong area. Great access to all sight-seeing location. Ideal for tourist. About 10 mins to Airport which is greatly appreciated.

All staffs in the hotel are very approachable and hospitable. Feels great upon arrival and the check in was done very quickly. Front office Executive "Mr Wandy" is a nice gentleman sharing lots of information and so. Excellent! Concierge guy provided lots of transportation and local sightseeing info as well. He gave a mini orientation over the hotel as well.

The room was allocated as per my request and I am very pleased with it. The room is very new. The couch and bed was really comfortable too. Air conditioning is really powerful. The bathroom is just a little crampy but it doesn't really affect me at all. When showering, some water may leak towards the toilet bowl area. Just place a floor towel and it will be fine.

Wireless surfing is never an issue within its premises. Powerful connection & fast connectivity! Thumbs up! Public areas and rooms are well maintained daily as it is really clean.

Food wise is pretty good. I ordered supper and both items were served in large portion. One item taste delicious and the other tasted average. In-Room Dining was served pretty fast.

The pool is small but its a nice area to rest and relax. The gym is definitely small but very well equipped. You'll be amazed! Good bathroom amenities as well.

I got the room at a promo rate so it is definitely super value for $$$. However, it is still worth paying a little more for such property.

If I do visit Brunei again, I shall put up with this hotel again!

Overall Score: 9/10

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank RayeZhang
Dear RayeZhang,
Thank you for for your comprehensive review about your recent stay with us in Brunei, I am very pleased to read that you had an enjoyable experience, in particular that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms and friendly staff.

On behalf of the Radisson Brunei team, we all all look forward to having you stay with us again when you next return to Brunei.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

This hotel was the last part of our four month journey.
We had been here for ten days in June on our way to Thailand.
So it felt like been home when we arrived back.
Picked up by the Avis driver at 20 past midnight who was so good as we had four pieces of very heavy luggage and then when we got to the Radisson and in a very short time we were checked in with our luggage in our room and into bed in the nice cosy king bed.
The staff did remember us and made us very glad to be back even though it was only for three nights.
We are already getting our trip together for 2014 and we have decided to stay for two weeks at the beginning and the end of our trip at the Radisson Brunei.
Thank you to the Staff we are so happy to have found the Radisson Brunei.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Valerie F
PeterFeran, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear "rosievictoria",
Thank you very much for your review about your second visit with us, I am very pleased that your return stay was another enjoyable one. I am particularly pleased to read how our staff made your experience that much more enjoyable, I will certainl;y share this with them.

On behalf of the Radisson Brunei team, we all look forward to having you back with us when you return next year.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bandar Seri Begawan
#8 of 20 in Bandar Seri Begawan
Rizqun International Hotel
Rizqun International Hotel
#7 of 20 in Bandar Seri Begawan

Been to Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam? Share your experiences!