“Great Value and Good Location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam

Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Great Value and Good Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

This hotel is well located close to city BSB (you can walk). Also close to plenty of restaurants and attractions. The staff are extremely friendly and the food is good and well priced. The staff will help you to organise tours or just get a taxi for the day to sightsee. For a Business traveller its perfect. Internet is good. Dont upgrade to Club Floor. Remember you need to bring any alcohol in with you and declare it (2 bottles).

Room Tip: Get Breakfast included in your room rate
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Pudge M
PeterFeran, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear "Pudge8888",
Thank you very much for your review about your recent experience at the Radisson Hotel Brunei, your feedback is very much appreciated.

I am very pleased to read that that you enjoyed your stay, in particular how you enjoyed the friendly service provided by our team and the food and beverage options throughout the hotel.

On behalf of the entire Radisson Brunei team, we all look forward to seeing you back with us again in the future.

pferan@radisson.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

Was there with family and took 2 connecting rooms. Room in very neat though small. Great location. Good breakfast choice. Excellent service; staff try to please. Not so happy some of the dishes on the in-room dining not available. Chef gives you a call to check if you like the food just delivered.... That's a first for us.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
PeterFeran, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Dear "Babadee",
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent experience at the Radisson Hotel Brunei, I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay in particular your kind words about our great staff.

In regards to your room size, please ensure to view our webite (www.radisson.com/brunei) as we have a variety of room types and sizes from standard rooms to suites with interconnecting rooms.

On behalf of the Radisson Brunei Team, we all look forward to seeing you back with us again soon.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

This hotel is in an excellent location for a person to see the CBD of the capital, Bandar Seri Begawan. The staff was most friendly and helpful which travellers look for in a good hotel. They helped to organize a couple of very good tours. The internet connection was very good and we could access it anywhere in the hotel. The room was a good size and very comfortable. The pool area is nice and spacious.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PeterFeran, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear "ATLASMASTER",
Thank you very much for your review about your recent stay with us in Brunei, I am always pleased to receive the reviews and especially pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and experience with us.

On behalf of the entire Radisson Team, thank you, we all look forward to having your stay with us again in the future.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

We have almost finished a 10 night stay at Radisson Hotel Brunei in Room 615.
Large sized room with King Bed ,big screen t/v and excellent bathroom with a large walk in shower with hand held as well as rain shower.
Good quality toiletries and large fluffy bath towels
View across the town and you can see to the Brunei River as well as the beautiful dome of the Royal Regalia Building.
We started off in Room 627 a much smaller room with a Queen size bed and a jungle view. But the safe would not work so after 2 nights we were moved to Room 615.
Very pleased and we thank the hotel as we are on our way to Thailand for three months so have a lot of luggage so this made a small room even smaller.
The hotel arranged our transfers from the airport with Avis-2 persons total $29 as we arrived after 5pm.
The hotel staff are amazing-nothing is a trouble to them. This is our first time in Brunei so we need to ask lots of questions.
After one day here I forgot I was in a country that English was their second language-we will not be so lucky in Thailand we have had to learn Thai during our 14 years of going there.
The hotel is like brand new I gather there has been major renovations.
Don't think the pool is small when you see it on the hotel web site-it is a very large area with lots of sun lounges and igloo type huts that are so comfortable. There are gigantic orange pool towels as well as chairs and tables.
We bought the package called Business Class this is a room on the 6th floor-Use of the Business lounge,Breakfast,6.30-8.30pm snacks and drinks -plus free use of an IPad from 6am to 6pm.
The hotel provides a free shuttle to three shopping complexes in the area and the best thing of all is FREE INTERNET.
When you check in you are given a user name and password-THIS IS A WONDERFUL SERVICE.
Had lots of meals here and every one was first class and very well priced.
If you are coming to Brunei don't hesitate to stay at the Radisson Hotel they will really pamper you.
The hotel is in a good position to walk down town.
We are back here at the Radisson on 12th September after our trip to Thailand.
.PS: Forgot to mention the room airconditioning is really excellent.

Room Tip: Deluxe room with view to town and King size bed.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Valerie F
PeterFeran, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Dear rosievictoria,
Thank you very much for your comprehensive review about your recent stay and experience at the Radisson Hotel Brunei, your feedback is very much appreciated.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed our newly renovated Business Class rooms and Lounge together with our Radisson "Yes I Can" service, I will be sure to share your kind comments with the team.

On behalf of the Radisson Brunei Team, we all look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

I stayed with the hotel from the 10th to the 12th of April 2013 and was pleasantly surprised to see familiar faces working at the Radisson! It seems that the staff of the previous establishment had been retained and immediately I felt at ease staying at this new hotel. The GM, Peter Feran, greeted me when I checked in and I deeply appreciate his professionalism, attentiveness and concern that he showed to me during my stay.

The room I booked was the Executive Suite and was very impressed with the interior. The room was spacious, well furnished even with a state of the art coffee machine and the most comfortable bed! And who doesn't love Free Internet!!! I believe the rooms were newly renovated too.

Since I’ve got a weak spot for good food, I took the liberty of checking out the restaurants housed in the hotel as well as the dining specials and promotions available during this period. The breakfast at Tasek was incredible! It wasn’t your ordinary breakfast buffet. It was a spread with little pockets of surprises here and there that made one smile. For example, you hardly, in fact never find Eggs Benedict on a breakfast buffet lineup, but at Tasek, you do! And the Eggs Ben was perfect! From the taste to the way it was kept warm, to how it was replenished fresh so often made me look forward to starting my day. I decided to take Chef Cameron's recommendation and had the Wagyu Steak at Deals Restaurant. What can I say? The Wagyu Steak was cooked to perfection, every piece I put in my mouth was succulent and juicy and melted in my mouth. The best dinner I’ve had in Brunei by far.

Being a gym rat, I eagerly visited the hotel’s Fitness Center the next morning. Again, I wasn’t disappointed. The gym was cleverly designed to utilize every space, not to mention the clean and well maintained luxurious Technogym equipment was a major plus point for me.

All in all, I’d like to thank the staff of the Radisson for making my stay such a wonderful experience. I travel frequently due to work and never had such personalized treatment from any hospitality establishment up till now. Radisson will definitely be my first choice in Brunei from now on.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Quenten73,
Thank you very much for your review and comments about your recent stay with us. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay us, in particular that you enjoyed one of our newly renovated Executive Suites together with our gym and restaurants.

Your feedback is always appreciated and we all look forward to seeing you back with us again in the future.

Kuala Lumpur
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

This hotel is within walking distance to main businesses, however it could be very quiet in the evening. Tamu selera (a local food court) is within a walking distance as well as the majestic Sultan Omar Ali Saifuddin Mosque.

The only thing that bug me to no end is the bad, slow and very unreliable internet access. Overall speed and reliability is on par with 56k modem.

Room Tip: Deluxe room is bigger (facing the city) but a bit noisier because of that. Get your own broadband wh...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
PeterFeran, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear "carimari",
Thank you for taking the time to post your review about your recent stay with us in Brunei. I apologise that the lack of internet service impacted your experience with us, internet speed within Brunei is an ongoing challenge, it is an issue that all businesses and homes unfortunately experience, we are are constantly working with the Internet providers within Brunei to see how this can be improved as I know the importance of having a fast a reliable internet speed.
We truly hope that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms together with our Radisson "Yes I Can" service and welcome you back in the future.

Coolum Beach, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

On a 4 week solo trip around Asia and travelling fairly inexpensively finding the superb Radisson Hotel was a dream at the end of a busy and tiring trip. Right in the Capital of Brunei. Arriving at 12.30am - it didn't matter - fresh staff who were so so helpful. The rates are amazing for such a top quality hotel. In discussion I found that the entire hotel had been renovated - and I can honestly say - to NO expense spared. EVERYTHING was brilliant - huge bed- so comfortable, lovely towels and the room and bathroom lights were amazing - latest technology everywhere. The best breakfast on my trip. The best staff also, and special attention to ALL the staff - from the restaurant, the check in counter - the room service - right until the day I left. All spoke beautiful English and everyone had great communication skills.

Room Tip: All rooms are newly renovated and apart from the level one is on are exactly the same = excellent.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PeterFeran, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Dear RichardB,
Thank you very nuch for your review about your recent stay with us at the Radisson Hotel Brunei, I am always pleased to read feedback. I am also very pleased to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us, in particular how you enjoyed our newly designed rooms which have just been completed together with the service from our fantastic staff!

On behalf of the Radisson Brunei team, we all look forward to seeing you back with us again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bandar Seri Begawan
#7 of 21 in Bandar Seri Begawan
Jubilee Hotel
Jubilee Hotel
#6 of 21 in Bandar Seri Begawan

Been to Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam? Share your experiences!