“Best hotel we have stayed in for many years”

Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam
Melbourne, Australia
“Best hotel we have stayed in for many years”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

Agree with all the good reports. Our rooms had been recently renovated and had all the latest equipment. The lights alone were so versatile the possible variations took a while to work out. The shower had slightly fewer possibilities.
The hotel is a few minutes walk from the Royal Regalia Museum (which is well worth a visit), 10 minutes from the very pleasant Tasek Park and waterfall and 15 minutes from the market, river and water village.
To travel further to shopping malls there is a free shuttle service (albeit 2 hourly).
The buffet breakfast is surprisingly varied for what is a comparatively small room.
All staff we had contact with were friendly and helpful.
Cleanliness of rooms and pool area could not be faulted.
Even the wi-fi worked in the rooms.
Thanks for an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank KelJay37
PeterFeran, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Dear KelJay37,
Thank you very much for your review and positive comments about your recent stay with us in Brunei, your feedback is very important and always welcomed.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay, in particular how you enjoyed our newly renovated guest rooms and friendly staff.

On behalf of the Radisson Brunei Team, we all look forward to seeing you back with us again in the future.

pferan@radisson.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

I spent three nights at the Radisson when in BSB for business. It's well-located, right in the centre of town and walking distance to all of the main sights.

I had one of the newly renovated rooms on the third floor. The refurb has clearly been well-thought-out, as the decor was excellent and the room had all manner of amenities which one rarely sees in a four-star hotel - for example a iPod/iPhone music dock and charger.

There was construction work taking place while I was there, but this was clearly explained both before booking and on arrival. The work didn't start until almost 9am, long after I'd woken up, so it didn't bother me at all. This is due to finish shortly, I believe - and if it brings all rooms up the same standard as the one I was in, this will have been well worth it for the hotel.

Breakfast was excellent, with a great choice of western and local breakfast foods.

The staff were incredibly helpful throughout, and even went out of their way to help with a problem I had connecting to the wifi (due to a fault on my machine). I was hugely impressed.

The hotel also has a small but much-appreciated pool, which was a great place to relax and cool down from the midday sun.

I'd absolutely recommend the Radisson to anyone travelling through BSB.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
PeterFeran, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear AuntyMabel,
Thank you very much for your review about your recent stay with us in Brunei, I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay, in particular that you enjoyed our newly designed rooms together with our Radisson "Yes I Can" service.

I am also very pleased to advise that the entire renovation project has now been completed, all of our 142 rooms and suites have been redesigned, providing all of the services and facilties that you experienced during your stay together with the modern new look.

Thank you again, we all look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

San Diego
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

The hotel is a bit older, but the rooms are nice and clean. The bed wasn't the most comfortable I've had, but fine for a night. Unfortunately my room overlooked some construction, so there was some noise throughout the night. The breakfast spread in the morning was decent, with Western and local choices, and the dining area is spacious and nice. A great location, and overall decent stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
PeterFeran, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear fetuskarate,
Thank you for posting your review about your recent stay with us at the Radisson Hotel Brunei, your comments and feedback are very much appreciated.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay although your overall experience was impacted at times by the renovation project that was taking place during your stay. I am very pleased to advise that it has since been completed therefore you will experience no more of this construction noise should you return in the future.

Thank you again, we all look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

san francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

I am visiting Brunei for four days and read a lot of reviews on Tripadvisor before booking the room. I considered Empire Hotel but decided to stay in city center.

Bandar Seri Bagawan indeed is a very small place. You can basically tour around the city in just one day. As for my stay in Radisson, here is what happened.

I traveled with my 90 yo father to this country and realized we picked up a luggage that looked identical like my father's. After we checked into your room, we realized what happened and told the front desk receptionist Veri about the situation. He was extremely helpful and called the lost and found department in the airport for us, it was around 10:30pm. Not only that, he told us that the taxi would cost about $48 USD to and from the airport for us to exchange the luggage. I didn't think it was a problem paying the taxi fare but Veri volunteered to drive us to the airport to do the exchange after he gets off work in about 10 mins. I figured if any one deserves that taxi fare as a tip, Veri would be the one who should get it.

After he drove us to the airport and back with my dad's luggage, he refused to accept the tip in a graceful manner. So, what can I say with such service?

Besides that, even though the hotel is rather small, it is clean and the staff is courteous and efficient. You would not able to find another international chain hotel in Bandar Seri Begawan because there is none.

We did visited Empire to take a look and had dinner there. It is about 25-30 mins from the city center. It is a huge resort with very few people staying inside. We walked around in the evening before dinner and found it dead quiet. It is like a ghost town and kind of freaky.

Veri told me that Radisson was previously Sheraton and he work in the hotel for seven years. I am writing this review to let the management know that they have a great staff who provides excellent service.

I would recommend travelers who visit Brunei to stay in this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank sfscubaman
PeterFeran, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear sfscubaman,
Thank you very much for your fantastic review about your recent experience at the Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam, I always welcome and appreciate feedback.

I am particularly pleased to read how our staff made your stay an enjoyable one, in particular how one of our Managers Veri who went the extra mile, I will certainly pass your comments on to him and the team.

I am also pleased to advise that our modernization project is scheduled to be completed in the coming few weeks.

On behalf of the entire Radisson team, we all look forward to seeing you back in Brunei and the Radisson Hotel in the future.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

Staff were hugely friendly and we had a great stay. Room was beautiful, having been recently renovated. We visited Brunei with our one year old and the hotel was brilliant, very child friendly and the staff bent over backwards to make our stay as comfortable as possible. The pool is lovely and bigger than it looks in the photos, with a lot of comfortable seating around and pool towels provided. This hotel is within walking distance of all the main attractions but they also provided an excellent range of tours to experience everything Brunei has to offer. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sev P
PeterFeran, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Dear Sev P,
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review about your recent stay with us in Brunei, I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I am also very pleased to advise that our renovation project has now been completed with all 142 rooms, suites and Business Class Lounge having a full redesign with a brand new look, all with the modern services and facilities that you would come to expect from the Radisson brand.

On behalf of the Radisson Brunei team, we all look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Warsaw, Poland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

It is the best choice to stay in Bandar Seri Begawan. The location of the hotel - close distance to the city (15-20 minutes walk), Royal Museum (5 minutes walk), Catholic and Anglican churches (15 minutes walk) and to the Taman Tasik waterfall park (20 minutes walk) - is unbeatable. The check-in and check-out processes are quick and easy without any delays. Hotel offers a very good choice of breakfast meals, teas and coffees. Staff is very friendly and helpful. During our stay the renovation works were hold on but it wasn't burdensome for guests. Highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Artur D,
Thank you very much for your review about your stay and experience at the Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam, I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were not inconvenienced by our current modernization project, which I am also pleased to advise that it will be finished in the coming few weeks. Upon completion all of 142 rooms and suites will have had a full full renovation..

On behalf of the Radisson Brunei Team, we all look forward to having you back with us again in the future.

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

This is a nice hotel, I'd been advised it's the best one to stay at in Bandar Seri. The room was spacious and light, very comfortable bed and the bathroom had heaps of amenities. The staff are charming and very helpful. Good choice of foods for breakfast, nice relaxed vibe in the restaurant.

Unfortunately while I was there, renovations were underway which meant loud jack hammer noises on and off all day. Also unfortunately for me, this was a business trip and I had work to do in my room for 2 of the days. Although the fact of the hotel renovation was stated on the website booking form, I didn't read the statement! So it was a nasty surprise. Anyway, nothing could be done, and I had been informed.

However, I do think that if a hotel is going to use jackhammers throughout the day it could at least reduce the cost of the rooms. It's a bit much to expect customers to pay $200 + when it's unpleasant to stay in your room.

At least the wi-fi was free, often not in these chain hotels.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
PeterFeran, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear emstar3,
Thank you very much for your review and comments about your recent stay with us, I glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I apologise that you were disrupted during the day from our current redesign project, I am very pleased to advise that this entire project will be completed at the end of April, thank you for your patience and understanding during this very important and exciting time for the hotel. I am sure that your next visit will be a fantastic experience.

We look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bandar Seri Begawan
#6 of 20 in Bandar Seri Begawan
Rizqun International Hotel
Rizqun International Hotel
#8 of 20 in Bandar Seri Begawan

Been to Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam? Share your experiences!