I stayed for 3 nights on a stopover to Australia. The hotel is in a good location in downtown BSB, you can walk to the river front and are close to most attractions.
I managed to get a room upgrade at check in and was on the 6th floor in the new business class rooms. They were band new and as you would expect spotlessly clean and very well done. They had everything you'd expect in a 5 star hotel.
I had room service on the first night and it was very quick and tasty. Breakfast was also very good, they had all the regular european things (except pork but beef bacon is nicer than it sounds) and some extra Chinese options (dim sum for breakfast was actuality nice as well). I couldn't think of anything else you could possibly want for breakfast and the staff were friendly and remembered by room number and name on the 2nd day.
The pool was nice, quiet and relaxing with lots of shaded seating and fresh towels available. The gym had some new Tecnogym equipment with built in TV's which was great and everything you need for a quick workout.
The hotel offered a free shuttle service to the local shopping centres, this was very good as taxi's are hard to get relatively expensive compared to eating out ( B$20 each way ). Both nights thee shuttle only had 3 of us on so was more like a taxi service but remember to book in advance. I'd recommend going to the mall at Gadong and the Gadong night market where most things are just B$1.
The doorman also recommend some great tourist sites and advised me to pay B$20 for a tour of the water village by water Taxi. This was a great idea and much cheaper than an organised trip.
From the look of the old rooms I was lucky to get the upgrade. Bandar doesn't have much to do at night so it's worth having a nice hotel room to go back to. I could see from the pool they were working on upgrading another floor and one morning could hear a little bit of noise but nothing too bad. From the standard of what they have done so far they should be very good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All 142 guestrooms and suites feature a refreshing new look and come equipped with FREE Wi-Fi, work desk, 40" LED TV with a VGA cable for laptop connectivity, universal power sockets, cordless speaker phones, DVD player, I-Pod/Pad Dock, energy-saving LED lighting throughout, digitally controlled Air Conditioning, digital safe, iron/ironing board, minibar, tea/coffee facilities. In the newly designed bathrooms, rain and hand-held shower, digital scales, hairdryer, LED shaving mirror, bathrobes and luxurious "Rituals" amenities. Coffee-Pod Espresso machines are also available in all Business Class rooms and Suites. Discover a level of comfort not found at other Bandar Seri Begawan hotels on our Radisson Business Class Floor, complete with top-floor views and access to the private Business Class Lounge. Enjoy the 24 hour gym, swimming pool, children's pool, Spa and direct access to the spectacular Tasek Lama recreational park directly behind the hotel with kilometers of walking and trail running tracks that wind there way through the beautiful Borneo Jungle. Stay and experience our other famous Radisson services such as: * 6pm check out * Express, Early and Online check-in * Healthy Options in our restaurants * 3 hour Express Laundry * Newly introduced I-Concierge App Take advantage of our Club Carlson Loyalty program ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Hotel Utama
- Sheraton Bandar Seri Begawan
- Bandar Seri Begawan Sheraton