“Excellent -Great new rooms”

Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent -Great new rooms”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I stayed for 3 nights on a stopover to Australia. The hotel is in a good location in downtown BSB, you can walk to the river front and are close to most attractions.

I managed to get a room upgrade at check in and was on the 6th floor in the new business class rooms. They were band new and as you would expect spotlessly clean and very well done. They had everything you'd expect in a 5 star hotel.

I had room service on the first night and it was very quick and tasty. Breakfast was also very good, they had all the regular european things (except pork but beef bacon is nicer than it sounds) and some extra Chinese options (dim sum for breakfast was actuality nice as well). I couldn't think of anything else you could possibly want for breakfast and the staff were friendly and remembered by room number and name on the 2nd day.

The pool was nice, quiet and relaxing with lots of shaded seating and fresh towels available. The gym had some new Tecnogym equipment with built in TV's which was great and everything you need for a quick workout.

The hotel offered a free shuttle service to the local shopping centres, this was very good as taxi's are hard to get relatively expensive compared to eating out ( B$20 each way ). Both nights thee shuttle only had 3 of us on so was more like a taxi service but remember to book in advance. I'd recommend going to the mall at Gadong and the Gadong night market where most things are just B$1.

The doorman also recommend some great tourist sites and advised me to pay B$20 for a tour of the water village by water Taxi. This was a great idea and much cheaper than an organised trip.

From the look of the old rooms I was lucky to get the upgrade. Bandar doesn't have much to do at night so it's worth having a nice hotel room to go back to. I could see from the pool they were working on upgrading another floor and one morning could hear a little bit of noise but nothing too bad. From the standard of what they have done so far they should be very good.

Room Tip: Try and get a new business class room
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank AX1000
PeterFeran, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear AX1000,
Thank you very much for you review on your recent stay with us at the Radisson Hotel Brunei, your feedback is very important and always welcomed.

I am particularly pleased to read how much you enjoyed our newly designed rooms and Radisson service, I am also pleased to advise that remainder of the rooms and suites will be completed in the coming few months, all with with the brand new design and features that you experienced.

On behalf of the entire Radisson Brunei Team, we all look forward to seeing you back with us again in the future.

pferan@radisson.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Shenzhen, China
Reviewed February 17, 2013

There aren't many choices of accomodation when staying in Bandar Seri Begawan so I went with the Radisson since it was the only international chain allowed into the country. The room was fine, nothing spectacular but suited the needs of my short stay. The staff were very nice and recommended the food market across the street in the evenings which I really enjoyed (though most of the time I wasn't quite sure what I was eating). The Radisson is almost across the street from the Regalia Museum and is within 15 minutes walk from the main shopping area and from area where you negotiate for the Water Village tours. The pool was nice but there were just too many kids when I went and made it a little unpleasant.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
PeterFeran, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Rikki P,
Thank you very much for your review and feedback about your recent stay with us. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and in particular how our friendly staff made your staff that much more enjoyable, I will certainly pass your comments onto the team.

I am also pleased to advise that our rooms modernization project will be completed in the coming few months, should you return to Brunei in the future you will be able to experience one of our newly designed guest rooms or suites, I am sure you will appreciate the amazing changes that have taken place and that it is at the standard that you would expect from the Radisson brand.

On behalf of the entire Radisson Brunei Team, thank you again, we all look forward to seeing you back with us in the future.

Best regards,
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

The staff are very helpful and strive for perfect service, the breakfast buffet was amazing , for the $18 per person , the buffet offers a wide range of selection of meats fruits breads pastrys Etc, the coffee is really good made perfectly , and the restaurant staff service is impeccable

• Stayed February 2013
PeterFeran, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Dear "Samir B",
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review about your recent stay with us, your feedback is very valuable and appreciated.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay, in particular how our staff made your stay that much more enjoyable, I will ensure to share your comments with the team.

I am also pleased to advise that our rooms modernization project will be completed in the coming few months, I am sure should you decide to return you will appreciate the amazing new changes that have taken place.

On behalf of the Radisson Team, we all look forward to seeing you back soon.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Functional. Room small, but clean. Lovely room onto green forest at back. Shower fine.

I found the staff fine (apart from breakfast). Irritating that my key failed to work so had to go back downstairs, but that's not unusual.

No problem with renovations.

Business lounge disappointing as no drinks, but can't blame hotel for that! Some reasonable snacks and actually a very nice fruit juice mix.

I ate in the "Deals" restaurant and frankly that was variable. Separate review of that.

Breakfast though bought the hotel down to an "average" for me overall. I got there when it opened at 6:30, there were no staff to greet me. I sorted myself out (it's not that hard, after all). About 6:45 I went to get some fried eggs, and was told (by someone who looked like a chef!) that the egg cook hadn't arrived! I could have have cooked the eggs myself and nearly did. So instead I had the pre-cooked poached eggs (who cooked these, I wonder?) which were, like most pre-cooked eggs that have been sitting in trays for a while, pretty unappetizing. The breads were very average. Overall a "poor" breakfast. With a better breakfast, this hotel would have been "very good". The Management should replace the entire breakfast staff - they were all unhelpful and had no understanding of service.

Room Tip: Ask to stay at the back facing the hill; nice and green
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear "Colin M",
Thank you for your review and feedback about your recent stay with us, your feedback is always welcomed and very helpful.

I am sorry to read of your experience at breakfast, rest assured I will be reviewing this further to ensure that the level of service and quality of product that is available is at the level expected, my sincere apologies.

I am pleased that you enjoyed the view from our newly designed guest rooms, I am also very pleased to advise that the remainder of our rooms will be completed in the coming few months.

Thank you again, we all look forward to seeing you back with us in the future.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed February 9, 2013

This hotel is lovely, clean, the staff are very friendly and the food is great too. The location is fantastic, a 5 minute walk to the center of town.

The room was very comfortable, plenty of living space, a big bed. A large wardrobe with an iron and board. There is a mini bar with soft drinks and snacks, there is a kettle with tea and coffee.

The bathroom is spacious with plenty clean towels and toiletries.

Its very quiet too even though i was on the side with the main road.

They have a pool and a gym.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
PeterFeran, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear "IOvetOtravelIOts",
Thank you very much for your review on your recent stay at the Radisson in Brunei, I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay, your feedback is always welcomed and appreciated.

I am also pleased to advise that the modernization of all of our rooms and suites is scheduled to be completed in the coming few months, I am sure you will appreciate the amazing new look and facilities that these now offer.

Thank you again, we all look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I was told that the Radisson is the only international chain hotel in Brunei. After what must have been several years' presence in the country, they have finally decided to renovate their rooms.

Well unfortunately, we were booked in their pre-renovated rooms. It was okay. Room was clean. It did the job though it certainly did look very 90's. Other than that, everything else was fine. From the other guests I saw, I got the impression that it functioned more as a business hotel.

On the bright side, service here was excellent. We were allowed late check out as well as a constant flow of drinks by the lobby. Breakfast was also okay. It consisted of an abundant spread.

Location-wise, it is a short walk from the city center of BSB. As a gauge, it is around 10 minutes walk to the Omar ali Saifuddien Mosque.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear "AC Chua",
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your recent stay with us, feedback is always welcomed and very much appreciated.

I am very pleased to advise that the rooms modernization project will be completed in the coming few months, should you be returning to Brunei you will be able to experience one our brand new rooms or suites, I am sure that you will appreciate the amazing new changes in decor and services that they offer, combined with our friendly service I am sure your next stay will be even more enjoyable.

Thank you again, we all look forward to having you back with us ini the future

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Stayed here on our way back to Australia overnight. Front desk staff very helpful with sightseeing and ordering taxi. Very knowledgeable staff and efficient. Room was clean and well presented. Lighting could be better seemed dark even with all lights on. Walls were a little thin noises from next room easily heard needs more sound proofing. Slept well. Hotel was perfect, staff great. Brunei is not a big tourist destination would only stay here again if a stop over where there no connecting flights as was on this occasion. You would have to be going on a tour to Borneo or other tour as you can see all the tourist attractions in Brunei in one afternoon. No night life at all.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank jennifer o
PeterFeran, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Dear "jennifer o",
Thank you verymuch for your review about your recent stay with us in Brunei, I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your feedback and comments are very helpful and always welcomed.

I am also pleased to advise that that all of our rooms and suites which are currently undergoing a full redesign will be completed in the coming few months, I am sure you will appreciate the amazing changes that are taking place.

Thank you again, we all look forward to seeing you back with us again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bandar Seri Begawan
#8 of 20 in Bandar Seri Begawan
Jubilee Hotel
Jubilee Hotel
#6 of 20 in Bandar Seri Begawan

Been to Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam? Share your experiences!