“Excellent customer service”

Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

The staff are very helpful and strive for perfect service, the breakfast buffet was amazing , for the $18 per person , the buffet offers a wide range of selection of meats fruits breads pastrys Etc, the coffee is really good made perfectly , and the restaurant staff service is impeccable

• Stayed: February 2013
PeterFeran, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2013

Dear "Samir B",
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review about your recent stay with us, your feedback is very valuable and appreciated.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay, in particular how our staff made your stay that much more enjoyable, I will ensure to share your comments with the team.

I am also pleased to advise that our rooms modernization project will be completed in the coming few months, I am sure should you decide to return you will appreciate the amazing new changes that have taken place.

On behalf of the Radisson Team, we all look forward to seeing you back soon.

There are newer reviews for Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Functional. Room small, but clean. Lovely room onto green forest at back. Shower fine.

I found the staff fine (apart from breakfast). Irritating that my key failed to work so had to go back downstairs, but that's not unusual.

No problem with renovations.

Business lounge disappointing as no drinks, but can't blame hotel for that! Some reasonable snacks and actually a very nice fruit juice mix.

I ate in the "Deals" restaurant and frankly that was variable. Separate review of that.

Breakfast though bought the hotel down to an "average" for me overall. I got there when it opened at 6:30, there were no staff to greet me. I sorted myself out (it's not that hard, after all). About 6:45 I went to get some fried eggs, and was told (by someone who looked like a chef!) that the egg cook hadn't arrived! I could have have cooked the eggs myself and nearly did. So instead I had the pre-cooked poached eggs (who cooked these, I wonder?) which were, like most pre-cooked eggs that have been sitting in trays for a while, pretty unappetizing. The breads were very average. Overall a "poor" breakfast. With a better breakfast, this hotel would have been "very good". The Management should replace the entire breakfast staff - they were all unhelpful and had no understanding of service.

Room Tip: Ask to stay at the back facing the hill; nice and green
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear "Colin M",
Thank you for your review and feedback about your recent stay with us, your feedback is always welcomed and very helpful.

I am sorry to read of your experience at breakfast, rest assured I will be reviewing this further to ensure that the level of service and quality of product that is available is at the level expected, my sincere apologies.

I am pleased that you enjoyed the view from our newly designed guest rooms, I am also very pleased to advise that the remainder of our rooms will be completed in the coming few months.

Thank you again, we all look forward to seeing you back with us in the future.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

This hotel is lovely, clean, the staff are very friendly and the food is great too. The location is fantastic, a 5 minute walk to the center of town.

The room was very comfortable, plenty of living space, a big bed. A large wardrobe with an iron and board. There is a mini bar with soft drinks and snacks, there is a kettle with tea and coffee.

The bathroom is spacious with plenty clean towels and toiletries.

Its very quiet too even though i was on the side with the main road.

They have a pool and a gym.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
PeterFeran, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Dear "IOvetOtravelIOts",
Thank you very much for your review on your recent stay at the Radisson in Brunei, I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay, your feedback is always welcomed and appreciated.

I am also pleased to advise that the modernization of all of our rooms and suites is scheduled to be completed in the coming few months, I am sure you will appreciate the amazing new look and facilities that these now offer.

Thank you again, we all look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

I was told that the Radisson is the only international chain hotel in Brunei. After what must have been several years' presence in the country, they have finally decided to renovate their rooms.

Well unfortunately, we were booked in their pre-renovated rooms. It was okay. Room was clean. It did the job though it certainly did look very 90's. Other than that, everything else was fine. From the other guests I saw, I got the impression that it functioned more as a business hotel.

On the bright side, service here was excellent. We were allowed late check out as well as a constant flow of drinks by the lobby. Breakfast was also okay. It consisted of an abundant spread.

Location-wise, it is a short walk from the city center of BSB. As a gauge, it is around 10 minutes walk to the Omar ali Saifuddien Mosque.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Dear "AC Chua",
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your recent stay with us, feedback is always welcomed and very much appreciated.

I am very pleased to advise that the rooms modernization project will be completed in the coming few months, should you be returning to Brunei you will be able to experience one our brand new rooms or suites, I am sure that you will appreciate the amazing new changes in decor and services that they offer, combined with our friendly service I am sure your next stay will be even more enjoyable.

Thank you again, we all look forward to having you back with us ini the future

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Stayed here on our way back to Australia overnight. Front desk staff very helpful with sightseeing and ordering taxi. Very knowledgeable staff and efficient. Room was clean and well presented. Lighting could be better seemed dark even with all lights on. Walls were a little thin noises from next room easily heard needs more sound proofing. Slept well. Hotel was perfect, staff great. Brunei is not a big tourist destination would only stay here again if a stop over where there no connecting flights as was on this occasion. You would have to be going on a tour to Borneo or other tour as you can see all the tourist attractions in Brunei in one afternoon. No night life at all.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank jennifer o
PeterFeran, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2013

Dear "jennifer o",
Thank you verymuch for your review about your recent stay with us in Brunei, I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your feedback and comments are very helpful and always welcomed.

I am also pleased to advise that that all of our rooms and suites which are currently undergoing a full redesign will be completed in the coming few months, I am sure you will appreciate the amazing changes that are taking place.

Thank you again, we all look forward to seeing you back with us again in the future.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

After five days in the Brunei Hotel, which we surely enjoyed, we moved into the Radisson for our last two days in BSB (after two days in KB). Although the reservations staff had sent an email letter detailing their current remodeling project for our perusal, we had no qualms about staying there during reconstruction, for we didn't notice a thing about it (perhaps because we spent our days out of the hotel mostly, except for swimming in the pool one afternoon). The reception staffers were friendly and helpful--though our room wasn't prepared for around 20 minutes after we checked in, the restaurant employees were amicable and attentive (during breakfast both mornings), and the bell hops were kind and patient with our daughter. Speaking of breakfast, it was surely not lacking in variety, yet it lacked a little, for the rice porridge was cold the first day, the waffles were limp and flavorless. My wife and I both gave a slight edge to the Brunei Hotel's breakfast buffet, though the Radisson's had more options. Overall, the quality of the rooms was a step up from the Brunei Hotel, which was more expensive, actually. Being that the rooms on the fifth floor were recently renovated, from what we could tell, they are refreshingly well-maintained. Moreover, we found it very convenient to park there (and free) whereas the Brunei Hotel was troubling in this regard. All in all, we would recommend the Radisson without hesitation although we were unfortunately disappointed with the fact that we could hear the man in the room next to us clearing his throat, talking on his phone or Skyping (at midnight), and every time his phone rang, we knew it. That was really our only concern.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank itcho_ittan
PeterFeran, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Dear "itcho-ittan",
Thank you very much for your review about your stay at the Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam, I always appreciate and welcome feedback.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, I will surely share this with the team.

I am also pleased to advise that the redesign project at the hotel is scheduled to be completed in the coming few months, I thank you for your patience and understanding during this very exciting time for the hotel.

On behalf of the entire Radisson Brunei team, we all look forward to seeing you back with us again in the future.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

The hotel is still be renovated and noisy with drilling and hammering but on a limited scale between certain times of the day and not on Sunday, check in was good, room was good all in all what we expected for that standard of hotel, it is very close to centre of the city so walked around a fair bit, but take a bottle of water as very humid this time of the year, shopping appeared to be expensive to us, so did not bother, so we had a very quiet, relaxing three nights there, after Sandakan and KK we needed it! Breakfast and dinner was good the staff looked after us as they realized we were staying more than one night.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear "Terrence M",
Thank you for taking the time to post your review about your recent stay with us in Brunei, I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and were not inconvenienced too much during our current redesign project which is scheduled to be finished in the coming few months.

On behalf of the entire Radisson Team we all look forward to seeing you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bandar Seri Begawan
#6 of 20 in Bandar Seri Begawan
Jubilee Hotel
Jubilee Hotel
#7 of 20 in Bandar Seri Begawan

Been to Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam? Share your experiences!