“Best hotel in Brunei with everything you need in your room!”

Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam
Melbourne, Australia
“Best hotel in Brunei with everything you need in your room!”
Reviewed April 1, 2012

I stayed there for one night but let me tell you: this is such a great hotel - from check in to check out:
Fresh juices in the lobby on check in and check out.
Reception crew were fantastic.
Rooms are great, very comfortable, good bathroom.
Rpoom equipped with everything you can think about.
As an Australian I even enjoyed watching the Friday night footy as they have almost every channel on the TV in the rooms.
There is also a free shuttle that will take you (return) to some spots in the city.
If you want to tatse some local food there is a food market, opened all night, 3 minutes walking from the hotel.
I will stay there again in a few days and will be happy to report again on this great hotel in Brunei.

Room Tip: All rooms are good!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Oron R
PeterFeran, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam, responded to this review, April 2, 2012
Dear "oronr",
I very much appreciate you taking the time to post your comments and review about your recent stay at the Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam, feedback is very important and always welcomed.
I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, in particular I am pleased to read how our great staff made your stay that much more enjoyable, I will certainly pass this onto them.

I am also happy to advise that as part of our conversion to Radisson will be redesigning all of our guest rooms and suites, corridors and Business Class Lounge this year, upon completion these will be transformed with a modern new look with all of the services and facilities that you would come to expect of the Radisson brand.

Thank you again, we all look forward to having you back with us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Cairns, Australia
Reviewed March 29, 2012

the hotel is very central to enable easy walking into the city and be entertained at all the venues.the hotel is undergoing some renovation but the impact to the visitor is minimal. all the staff cannot do enough to please. the pool is relatively small but adequate for relaxing. most excellent buffet breakfasts and evening meals turn into banquets,entire lambs cooking on a spit around the pool area leaves one salivating. the rooms are very well appointed in spite of the hotel being of an older style. beds very comfortable and the room was spotless with no bugs. we were a couple who had come to enjoy this great country most others were on business related to the oil industry. all in all, great staff great food and very central for travellers.

Room Tip: try to get the higher floor levels to avoid minimal traffic noise.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
PeterFeran, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam, responded to this review, March 30, 2012
Dear "richard t",
Thank very much for posting your comments and review on your recent stay with us, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and your time in Brunei. I was particularly pleased to read how our great staff made your stay that much more enjoyable, I will certainly share your comments with the team.

I am please to advise that all of our guest rooms & suites, corridors and Business Class Lounge will be going through an extensive modernisation plan this year, once completed we will be offering a brand new modern look with all of the services and facilities that you would come to expect from the Radisson brand.

I look forward to seeing you back again in the future.

Regards,
Sydney
Reviewed March 27, 2012

The Radisson is conveniently located in the centre of Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei's capital city. It is the only international chain hotel in Bandar Seri Begawan. The hotel itself is pretty standard with good service and clean and well appointed rooms. There is not much of the “wow” factor with the Radisson but if you are after a dependable, centrally located hotel in the centre of town and this is it. If you are after something with a bit of the “wow’ factor then you might want to check out the Empire Hotel but that is a little out of town on the coast.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Aus456
PeterFeran, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam, responded to this review, March 29, 2012
Dear "Aus456",
Thank you very much for posting your review on your recent stay with us, feedback is always important in order for us to make any necessary changes and improvvements. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I am also very pleased to advise to we will be undertaking a very extensive modernisation plan, this will include the redesign of all of our guest rooms and suites, corridors and Business Class Lounge, upon completion all with have a modern new look with services and facilities that you would come to expect of the Radisson brand.

Thank you again, I look forward to seeing you back in Brunei and at the Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam in the future.

Regards,
Son, Norway
Reviewed March 11, 2012

The Radisson is centrally situated in Bandar Seri Begawan (as are most things; the centre is compact and very walkable). When I was booking the hotel, I looked for a room with two beds. I think this has to be the first time that I have experienced that the only twin-bedded rooms in a hotel were standard rooms. All other rooms only had one queen bed. That was a bit of a disappointment, because I like to push the boat out a bit when I travel, and here that just wasn't an option. So that's a challenge to the Radisson - I think a few twin-bedded rooms on the Business Floor wouldn't go amiss.

The rooms themselves were clean and tidy, but in need of an overhaul. The beds were very low to the ground, and the matresses were far too soft. I believe that they are about to start renovations though. Bathrooms were quite OK. Despite the fact that the hotel was almost empty on the first night (although it quickly filled up the night before national day), we were placed in a room on the second floor which looked out onto the air conditioning unit for the hotel. It was a bit loud! The air conditioning was also very unpredictable. We actually turned it off on the second night because even though we adjusted the regulator to 25 degrees, it still pumped out freezing air. Surprisingly, it was quite OK with the air conditioning turned off.

If you stay at this hotel, you must go to the pool area at dusk. There is a group of monkeys which pays a visit to the trees behind the hotel - at least they were there both nights I was there. The pool area was deserted, and therefore very relaxing.

And now to the staff - what an excellent bunch of people! Bruneians are very welcoming (everybody wished us "welcome to our country" when we walked about on National Day), and the service was beyond the call of duty. I mention this because on the night before National Day, we found out that all of the roads in the hotel's immediate area would be closed to traffic from 0700. As we had a flight out at 1200, we wondered how on earth we would be able to get to the airport. The staff at the reception desk solved the problem. We were told that they could order a taxi to pick us up just outside the area, and that the staff would be on standby the following morning to help us with our bags through the closed streets to find the taxi (looked like it would be at least 500 metres away). In the event, we didn't need their help, because the streets were not closed to traffic after all. But that's what I call great customer service.

I ate in the buffet restaurant on the second evening. The food was good and varied. Brunei is alcohol free, which was refreshing. Watch the mocktails though if you're not keen on sweet things.

Room Tip: Try and get a room on a higher floor away from the air conditioning unit.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
7 Thank Vardomannen
PeterGeneralManager, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam, responded to this review, March 12, 2012
Dear "Vardomannen",
Thank you very much for posting your review and comments about your recent stay with us, I was particularly pleased to read about the great service that you received during your stay.

Thank you for your feedback on our guest rooms, I am pleased to advise that as part of our conversion to Radisson we will be undertaking an extensive redesign of all of our guest rooms and suites, corridors and Business Class Lounge. Upon completion all of our rooms and suites will offer a fantastic modern new look with excellent services and facilities including digitial AC controls, improved sound proofing, LED TV's and much more.

Vardomannen, thank you again, I look forward to seeing back at the Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam in the future. I will also see if the monkeys can come down for another visit!!
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed February 27, 2012

Overall this hotel was good, same with my room but everything was overshadowed by the bugs that I discovered in my bathroom. I found them crawling all over my toothbrush and comb, and on the washcloth they were on. I called housekeeping and someone came in to clean the bathroom while I watched, but I saw the bugs back that evening. Based on this, I would not stay at this hotel again, and would not recommend this hotel due to my unhappy experience.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Lockz
PeterGeneralManager, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam, responded to this review, February 27, 2012
Dear "Lockz",
Thank you very much for posting your feedback and comments about your recent stay with us. I was disappointed to read of your experience in your room, I can assure you that we have since rectified this problem, I apologize sincerely that this negatively impacted your stay with us.
I am also pleased to share with you that we will be undertaking a very extensive redesign of all of our guest rooms, suites, corridors and Business Class Lounge, once completed we will offer a modern new look with fantastic facilities and services. I sincerely hope that you will reconsider revisiting us in the future.
Cracow
Reviewed February 22, 2012

The hotel is situated in the center of Brunei's capital, juts few steps to the all important places there. The staff at front des were helpfull and friendly; check-in/out was very fast. The room was spacious and camfortable, everything was clean and fresh. Free Wifi in the room, tea/caffee facilities, TV, minibar. The bathroom was in a good condition and also clean. The breakfast buffet was tastefull and with a big choice of food. The hotel's service was generally very good.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank CracowDanang
PeterGeneralManager, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam, responded to this review, February 23, 2012
Dear "CracowDanang",
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review on TA about your recent stay with us, feedback is very important in order for me to identify any areas that require further improvement. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and very pleased to read your comments about the great service that you received from our staff, I will ensure this is passed onto the team.

I am also pleased to advise that as part of our conversion to Radisson we will soon be undertaking an extensive redesign of all of our guest rooms & suites, corridors and Business Class Lounge, upon completion we will be offering a fantastic modern new product with all of the services and facilities that you would come to expect from the Radisson brand.

Thank you again and I look forward to seeing you back at the Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam soon.
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Anyone familiar with Bandar knows the Empire Resort is #1 in Bandar, however if you are looking for a hotel in city center with easy walking, well appointed rooms, and friendly service then Radisson should be your choice. Previously I had stayed at Empire, but I was pleasantly surprised by the very good service at Radisson. Also, the buffet breakfast is very good.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank Scott F
PeterGeneralManager, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam, responded to this review, January 30, 2012
Dear "ScottF",
Thank you very much for posting your review on your recent stay with us, I am glad that you tried our hotel on this visit to Brunei and that you enjoyed your stay with us, particularly our Radisson "Yes I Can" service.
I am pleased to share with you that we will be undertaking some exciting changes this year including the redesign of all of our guest rooms and suites, corridors and Business Class Lounge, upon completion you will be able to experience a modern new design with services and facilities that you would come to expect of the Radisson brand.

Thank you again, I look forward to seeing you again at the Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam on your next visit to Brunei
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bandar Seri Begawan
#6 of 20 in Bandar Seri Begawan
Palm Garden Hotel
Palm Garden Hotel
#8 of 20 in Bandar Seri Begawan

Been to Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam? Share your experiences!