“Good Experience”

Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam
Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam
“Good Experience”
Reviewed November 17, 2011

It was a pleasure to stay at Radisson Hotel. Never stay at Radisson hotel chain before. Able to stay and experienced both at deluxe room and also the suite room. No experience on room service but the housekeeping service commendable., more so I found their bell boy service excellent. They are very accomodating almost to all my requests.
The drawback is the F & B service, I found the service is below than what I expected from an international hotel chain. Most hotels now have hose at their toilets, but this is lacking. Overall I dont mind to stay at Radisson. Its a good hotel.

Room Tip: The hotel is located within walking distance to town centre where the water village attractions are...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
PeterGeneralManager, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam, responded to this review, November 18, 2011
Dear "Othman28",
Thank you very much for posting your comments about your recent stay at the Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam, your feedback is very important to us.

In regards to the F&B service I can assure you that this will be addressed immediately to ensure that our service levels will be at the standard expected at an international hotel, thank you for highlighting this to me.

In regards to the hose in the toilets, this will be incorporated into our new bathrooms during our renovation process commencing early next year.

I am very pleased that your stay was an enjoyable one and I look forward to seeing you back again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 17, 2011

good location for downtown & airport access .rooms are functional but adequate as are the bathrooms.a hotel shop & a business ctr & a pool are available.buffet breakfast is substantial & the restaurant is excellent

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
PeterGeneralManager, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam, responded to this review, November 17, 2011
Dear "Michael1460",
Thank you very much for posting your review and comments on your recent stay with us in Brunei, I appreciate the feedback which is valuable to ensure that our services and facilties are at the level they should be.

I am pleased to advise that we will be upgrading and redesigning several areas throughout the hotel next year, this will include the guest rooms & suites, corridors and Business Class Lounge, upon completion they will offer a modern new design with excellent services and facilities, all of which I am sure you will appreciate on your next visit.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam in the future
Mother Earth
Reviewed November 11, 2011

I enjoyed my stay but by modern standards this would be a 3 star hotel. The bedroom furniture is dated and tired. The hotel lobby is nice but the rest of the hotel needs refurbed.

The staff are amazing and bend over backwords to help. We met a lovely Indonesian waiter and had a great conversation with him. The check in staff were also very helpful.

Food - We only ate breakfast here and the food was great. lots of cakes, fresh juice, eggs and sausages.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
PeterGeneralManager, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam, responded to this review, November 15, 2011
Dear "planetash",
Thank you very much for your review and comments about your recent stay with us in Brunei, your feedback is very important for me to ensure that our services and facilities are at the standard that is expected.
I was very pleased to read about the great experience you had with our staff and how they made your stay an enjoyable one, I will ensure that your comments are relayed to the team.

I noticed your comments on the need for a refurbishment on some areas of the hotel, I am very pleased to advise that will be happening early next year when we will be redesigning and upgrading our guest rooms & suites as well as our Business Class Lounge, all of which will offer an exciting new look with state of the art services and facilities.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam.

Regards,
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 10, 2011

this is the place to stay in Brunei; good location, friendly staff and nice rooms. we are regulars here and stay in the rooms at the rear as the front ones have a nice view but some traffic noise. It's easy walking to the cbd and restaurants and shopping.

Breakfast is good and staff very friendly. They always have cool drinks on a table near the door and provide coffee and cakes in the morning.

Room Tip: catch a local bus at the stop diagonally opposite (north) of the hotel to travel to Gadong and Kuila...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cumbo
Dear "cumbo",
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your experience and comments about your recent stay with us, feedback is very important and always appreciated.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay, in particular how our staff made your stay an enjoyable one.

I am also pleased to advise that we will be upgrading several more areas throughout the hotel including guest rooms & suites and our Business Class Lounge, this is scheduled to commence early next year.

I look forward to welcoming you back where you can experience the exciting new changes happening throughout the hotel.

Regards,
india
Reviewed November 4, 2011

This is the only decent option in downtown in Bandar. I stayed here for about a month. The buffet was mostly below average in terms of choices offered and the taste. The ala carte dining menu was also quite limited. The TV is small. The room itself was quite small too. The staff is very hospitable and helpful.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank traveller2501India
Malaysia
Reviewed November 1, 2011

This is my first trip to Brunei and the first ever hotel I stayed so I cannot compare with other hotels. My impression is that this is an ok business class hotel but as others commented, old and a bit tired looking. The lobby area looks more modern but I was give a room at the 1st floor. The room door was just next to the spa counter which is a bit odd. It is not a problem but does seems a bit weird that the first thing you see is the spa counter before you get into your room.
The good thing though was the fitness center was just across my room.

The bed was a bit hard but not a problem for me. The best thing for me was the iron and ironing board which was massive and of good quality.

The free wireless worked fine in my room and speed was not a problem and got most of my emailing done.

Breakfast spread was ok. So overall stay was ok and nothing to complain about.

Room Tip: Avoid 1st floor and also rooms facing the main road.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
PeterGeneralManager, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam, responded to this review, November 8, 2011
Dear "fmkyfc"
Thank you very much for your review and comments on your recent stay with us, I always welcome and appreciate feedback.

I am pleased to share with you that we will be commencing the redesign of our guest rooms, suites, corridors, club lounge and spa reception early next year, on completion we will be offering modern newly designed rooms and suites with the lastest services and facilities. As well as the rooms and suites we will also be upgrading various other areas throughout the hotel including the pool area, hotel entrance/driveway and F&B outlets, all of which I know you will enjoy.

Thank you again for your feedback, I look forward to seeing you back in Brunei soon.
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed October 26, 2011

The hotel is located in the city, and it's probably the only good option if you want to stay near the center and most of the offices.

The buffet dinner and breakfast are good, staff is very nice and remember customer preferences almost all the time.

The rooms are very old and worn out, some of them have also this persistent stink of old, that is a big put off.
Rooms on the 4th floor appears to be better than other.

Internet connection is very unstable and slow. I was there for work and this was a real nightmare.

Room Tip: Be sure to get a room with a new bed... some of them are old and with a very thin mattress
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Dear "AGADOTTI"
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review on your recent recent stay with us, feedback is always appreciated and it gives me the opportunity to make any necessary changes.

I am pleased to advise that we will be commencing the redesign of our guest rooms, suites, corridors and club lounge early next year, on completion we will be offering a modern newly designed room with the lastest services and facilities which I am sure you will appreciate and enjoy!

I can also advise that our internet connection issue has been rectified and operating at the required speed.

Thank you again, I look forward to welcoming you back to Brunei and to the Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bandar Seri Begawan
#6 of 20 in Bandar Seri Begawan
Palm Garden Hotel
Palm Garden Hotel
#8 of 20 in Bandar Seri Begawan

Been to Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam? Share your experiences!