“Canopy closed”

Borneo Guide - Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: We are currently the only location in the town centre providing comprehensive tourist information services - free unbiased travel advice, maps, info booklets, brochures, and more. Where desired, we also cater for tours and travel services. We specialise in rainforest tours based from our very own Sumbiling Eco Village in the Temburong District, as well as numerous other culture, history and general interest tours in and around Brunei. We are also appointed distributors of bus tickets for Kota Kinabalu and Miri in East Malaysia. We also handle full arrangements for those who prefer the peace of mind, including hotel bookings, transfers and activities.
Reviewed July 14, 2012

We booked the trip by BorneoGuides.com (Sumbiling Eco Village) in April and made an appointment on 18 june 2012 at there office in BSB. At the office the office was closed because a national holiday. Half past 10 in the evening they called our hotel to tell us they will pick us up the next morning at 7:15.
The next morning (15 minutes before department of the jetty) BorneoGuides told us the canopy was closed and there was no waterfall because of the dry weather. They offered the Rainforest Discovery tour instead for the same price of 80 euro per person. Too late to arrange something else we did accept. The tour, 2 times 45 minute's walk in low forest, 30 minutes in a little higher forest and a nice lunch, was boring. A waste of money.
BorneoGuides could not say why they did not mail me about the closed canopy. The canopy was closed more than one month ago and will be closed the rest of June. If the canopy is open again you can find out minutes before departure.

8  Thank Jan T

Reviewed June 13, 2012

We had four days - less flying time from Melbourne - and wanted to max our Brunei experience.
We connected with Borneo Guide online and quickly worked out an itinerary that suited both our time and budget. I might add that we are not usually guide people, preferring to find our own way about, but with little time, we decided to go with the locals. They were excellent.
Borneo Guide's organisation was spot on - every step of the way we were met by someone who did what they had to do - no stress for us - for example they greeted us at the jetty and organised tickets to board the boat to Temburong, ditto on the return.
The Sumbiling eco-village (to be precise, more of a locally-sustainable-village than eco, in the strict sense of the term) was a memorable experience. Our Iban guide Adelah and her village family gave us a memorable experience we shall never forget.
It was an amazing insight into how people can literally live off the land - and how they use the indigenous plants and animals.
Back in BSB, the river tours saw us checking out proboscis monkeys, cat faced snakes, crocodiles and monitors - often in the dark.
If you go to Brunei, don't expect the chaos and bargains you'll find in the rest of Asia (think more like Singapore without alcohol), but we'd advise you to talk to Borneo Guide if you have a short time and wan to make the most of it.

2  Thank woofsson
Reviewed April 26, 2012

My daughter and myself had a day in BSB before a connecting flight. I'm not inclined to go on tours but thought I'd try one rather than haphazardly finding my way round BSB for the day.

Our flight was delayed, however the Dudu and Nona (apologies if I've mis-remembered) were there to pick us up from the airport. We immediately headed out into a comfortable air-con vehicle for a tour of the mosques and palaces. Both guides were genuinely friendly, warm and enthusiastic. We felt very comfortable in their company. Nona was very informative about all things Brunei, Dudu took over with her expertise on the Mangrove part of the tour. Half the day was spent round the city before we had a break, by ourselves for lunch. We were then re-collected to go on the Mangrove tour. We enjoyed both excursions and felt we gained an extra day of our holiday that was originally going to be spent twiddling thumbs. I'd happily use them again if I returned to Brunei.

2  Thank Trevor D
Reviewed November 22, 2011

We booked our hotel in Brunei with this company, they had the best prices in town. The Borneo also has some tours and customized tours available for your consideration. The staff can speak English very well and very friendly and fun to talk with.

Reviewed October 25, 2011

I used Borneo Guide services to help organize a multi-day camping trip into Ulu Temburong National Park reserves, diving as well as some cultural day trips. I dealt with Rudy Chong, who was very efficient and professional. The camping was led by an Iban guide who also shared some of his knowledge in jungle survival. I was pleasantly surprised by the diving. The trip into Ulu National Park proper was beautiful and thoroughly enjoyable. The sight seeing trips in and around Darussalam were also pleasant and interesting. All in all my week in Brunei was excellent thanks to Borneo Guide.

3  Thank SnowbootsTravel