“getting a room at youth hostel”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bandar Seri Begawan
Pusat Belia Youth Hostel
brunei
“getting a room at youth hostel”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

the hostel is part of the youth centre, and priority is given to youths attending programmes or activities at the centre.....

useful to check if rooms are available by contacting the supervisor.......see picture... watsapps will do..... he's been in the same job for the past 21 years!

beds are decent and clean... esp in view of the price.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank zainin

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

I tried booking a room by email but got no response so just turned up, luckily their was space and it cost 10 dollars for one bed in the dorm.

The room was really clean and their was large lockers for bags. It was also a good place to meet other backpackers as its really the only budget accomodation option in BSB.

The bathrooms were also so you never waited to use the shower. The beds were comfy and air con decent but no wifi.

The man at the reception was rarely there which isn't great if you want help planning your visit.

It's a decent budget option and unless you want to pay more than 20 dollars a night you don't have much choice in BSB.

• Stayed April 2013
4 Thank TravellerR90
Hai Phong, Vietnam
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Firstly, I felt I am so lucky once I did advance booking. I called the manager to book my bed, he told me send him sms and after that he confirmed by sms too.
But on the day I came. The hostel is full, it's Friday and nobody in receptionist. I sent many sms to manager with a hope that he can arrange something but there is no reply.
My roaming mobile can send sms only so I sent his assistance sms but the reply I got is "You are not accepted to stay in our hostel".
I am a girl, travelled alone, was in a very costly country and no where to sleep.
Luckily, there is an old man working near there, he took me to another hostel. Regret that I didn't remember the name, it's good enough with B$18 for 1 night,

Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank thuhangtrinhhp

Travelers are raving about these Bandar Seri Begawan hotels

Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

Traveled with my girlfriend. We had to sleep in different dorms ( boys and girls separated) it was very cheap and the only really budget accommodation. Good place to meet other backpackers. A couple of cockroaches in my dorm room...

• Stayed November 2012
4 Thank karloos
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed December 23, 2012

We tried to check in here on a Sunday night but the gate was locked and there was no receptionist. We spent that night at K H Soon's - awful! We came here straight away on the Monday and got one male dorm bed and one female dorm bed for BD10 each. I was the only one staying in room 11 of the male dorm - two sets of bunk beds.There are about 48 beds in the male dorm in total. The air con was excellent, the rooms are carpetted and clean and hot water is available next to the laundry room. The swimming pool is superb - BD1 per person open until 5:30pm. It's close to the city centre and the Royal Regalia Museum and probably the best value in the city. The only down side is that the corridors can get a little noisy hen there are students staying there. Only had one night - the bus to KK was full on Wednesday so we had to travel on Tuesday.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Hereford, UK
Reviewed December 23, 2012

The guidebook is correct about this hostel in Brunei’s capital city. You cannot book online in advance (as of 2010) and patience is certainly required when you turn up asking for a bed for the night as the chap on reception (that is actually looking after the random Olympic sized pool attached to the hostel) isn’t in charge of the hostel bookings! After half hour wait you finally get given a massive bunch of keys to check in to the non-descript dorms. My advice would be don’t come here – not because of the hostel, but because there is nothing to do in BSB other than an expensive speedboat round the waters that surround the main mosque. Dull.

Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Richhufc
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 19, 2012

As lots of other people have mentioned, this isn't run like a 'normal' hostel as westerners would expect. I think the place is used more as a centre for school groups coming to do activities etc, and then they probably just wander in every now and again and see if someones hanging around needing a place to crash for the night. We got lucky and the guy was there so we got in and sorted within half hour. I would say it's more like sleeping in a school than a hostel (maybe it used to be one??) but either way, the room itself was nice and big with plenty of room and the bed was comfy, slept well.

No, there is no toilet paper on offer- but as with many places in Asia, you take your own, so you should know this unwritten rule before you arrive here (as lets face it, this would rarely make anyones first stop)

If we went back I'd stay here again for sure as the location is also convenient for getting the bus to Miri (around $8-10, leaves across the street)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple