- Reception is closed all day on Sundays.
- I emailed 3 days before arrival to try and organize a room. No response.
- I also called a handful of times (both numbers) during business hours. Nobody ever answered.
- The guy at reception allowed me to check in at 12pm, I paid, but I explained that all of the beds were dirty and needed clean sheets. Of 10 beds, only 3 were being used and all 7 other beds were dirty and the sheets hadn't been changed from the last person. He promised to return at 9 or 10 pm to change the linens, but he never turned up. I was forced to sleep in a dirty bed given that I had already paid him and he could not be reached.
- The bathrooms had also not been cleaned in at least 24 hours. There was no toilet paper for the entire time I was there.
- There are plenty of outlets in the rooms for recharging cameras, etc.
- Good location.
- Only cheap option in BSB.
- Walking distance to bus stop.
- Air conditioning in the rooms.
In summary, it's one thing to have a vague reception that's often unattended (as hinted in the Lonely Planet and in other reviews). That I was fine with and expected. It's another thing to take full payment for the room, know that all of the beds are dirty when you take payment, and then lie about the fact that you will return later to change the sheets. Of the 50 countries I've backpacked to, this is by far the worst hostel I've been to. It's a shame they have a monopoly on BSB, because that city could really use a proper hostel.
- Also Known As:
- Pusat Belia Youth Hotel Bandar Seri Begawan