“Charming and you are well taken care of”

Perth, Australia
“Charming and you are well taken care of”
Reviewed August 9, 2014

Although the room was quite small, it was clean and warm feeling. But the staff here make it amazing. They are willing to chauffeur you to and from places. They want you to see the best of what bsb has to offer. They even organised a private driver to drive across the border to miri. It is a 5min walk over to the river and from there you can visit the water village, see the proboscis monkeys or view the palace. We highly recommend this place.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sassysaara
Capital R, Guest Relations Manager at The Capital Residence Suites, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear Sassysaara,

We would like to thank you for the kind words that you have given on your review. The staff here at The Capital Residence Suites are always motivated to contribute to a memorable stay while in Brunei.

We are really glad that you have enjoyed our scheduled shuttle service. The Capital Residence Suites is proud to offer our guests a visit that is without much hassle and trouble to the best of our abilities.

Lastly, thank you once again for choosing The Capital Residence Suites as your preferred accommodation for your visit to Brunei and we hope to welcome you again in the future.

Brunei Darussalam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed August 2, 2014

I booked my hotel using the hotel web site. I told them my date and flight details asking for the shuttle to collect me at the airport. My flight was due to arrive a 10pm but was delayed and arrived at after midnight. To my amazement, the shuttle driver waited the two hours for me. When I arrived at the hotel, the night manager goes home and he called the general manager who came in to wait for my arrival and check me in at 1am. No surly comments, just welcoming smiles from two sleepy guys who wanted to make sure I got a good nights sleep.
Breakfast which is included in the room rate was a very basic breakfast. Toast, coffee, juice or an Malay style rice packet, not really breakfast but enough to get you to lunch.
For lunch, i asked the desk where to go because is was a national holiday. They called the driver and he drove me around until he found a restaurant in a park open for me to have lunch (the lunch was excellent bbq chili chicken with rice for $1) He offered to take to for ice cream afterwards.
They couldn't due enough for me. i was happy with what i got for what I paid and the service i received added to the stay.

2 Thank BananaMangoChocolate
Dear BananaMangoChocolate,

Firstly, Thank you for taking time to leave your feedback on your recent stay with us at The Capital Residence Suites. We are glad that your are happy of the service that we have given to you. Our staff would be more motivated to provide the same quality of service that you have experienced to all our guests.

In regards to our breakfast choice, we are currently reviewing our breakfast menu.nonetheless, we highly appreciate your feedback on this issue.

We hoped that our staff has contributed to a memorable visit to Brunei. On behalf of the Management and Staff of The Capital Residence Suites, we would like to welcome you again should you decide to visit Brunei in the future.

Kind Regards,

Oakland, California
Reviewed August 1, 2014

I never write reviews, but had to make an exception in this case. The hotel itself is well located, clean and the excellent breakfast was such a treat. What makes it stand out though, is the superior service, and how the staff go above and beyond. I was left stranded at the bus stop at the border without a cab in sight and when the police helped me call the hotel, the general manager took it upon himself to make a special trip to pick me up, walk through traffic, and then even give me a driving tour of the city. All of the staff were helpful, professional, and very personable, and the breakfast is outstanding. They made what started as a stressful entry into Brunei a very pleasant and memorable stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Capital R, Guest Relations Manager at The Capital Residence Suites, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Dear gjw00,

Firstly, Thank you for taking time to leave kind words about The Capital Residence Suites. It was certainly a pleasure to have contributed to making your trip to Brunei a memorable one. We are sorry to hear about the unfortunate incident and we are most glad that we were able to assist you.

The staff is always motivated to strive in providing the best quality service in hospitality and we take pride in every feedback that we receive.Your words can lift up the spirits of our team and provide the same personal service every time.

lastly, The management and staff would like to thank you once again for the really kind review and we are humbled that you decided to write your first review about us . on behalf of the team at The Capital Residence Suites, we wish you all the best and we really hope that we are able to welcome you again to The Capital Residence Suites in the near future.

Sofia, Bulgaria
Reviewed July 30, 2014

I was deciding between the Radisson and the Capital, and figured I'd give the local/boutique hotel a shot, particularly since the reviews were so great. Now I wish I stayed at the Radisson...

First off, this isn't particularly a hotel - and that's fair given it does say "suites and residences", and it's great if you are in a large group/family. The rooms themselves (I stayed at a junior "suite") are one-bedroom apartments. Again, a good thing, just setting the expectation properly.

On arrival, I had asked for airport pickup (part of the room package), but of course the driver wasn't there. Okay, it happens. Had to call to arrange pickup, and it took about 5 minutes on the call to understand what's going on, and that a driver will finally come (30 mins late). The driver was nice, all good.

Upon arrival, room wasn't ready. Sure, happens a lot. One of the *best* features of the hotel is that they're currently offering free shuttle service! Kudo's to them. I request to go to the royal palace, as the Sultan is providing a hosted event, and it's hand-shaking time. I ask for an iron to iron my new white shirt, but the lady at the front desk insists that she will iron it for me. Wow, I'm thinking, great service! She returns it with 4 brown stains!! I show them to her, on my white shirt that costs about as much as the hotel room night, and she just says "oh, yea, sorry sir, i did that... it was from the iron. I don't think it will come out... but maybe if you wash it right away!"

Seriously?!?! I'm sorry, but a hotel housekeeping should have a better iron, or at least test it on something before ruining my white shirt.

Okay, leave my bags in their IT closet, then off to the Palace - yea! Driver, Ismail, doesn't speak a *word* of English (or any other language). Anyway, bit tricky, but I get there.

Check in later in the afternoon - room is big, had a kitchen (great for long stay/cooking/family), lounge room, and bedroom with two twin beds. Also a washing machine (points there!). Some unsightly stains on the furniture (photo provided), the bathroom is pretty basic, and it seems housekeeping is lax - they didn't clean the bathroom, and the previous occupants old soaps and razor still left on the vanity shelf in the shower (big surprise, I guess? photo attached).

Time for a nice hot shower. Ups, hot water ran out in 4 minutes. Argh...

Breakfast... the worst part. If you're vegetarian, forget it. Every item had meet, except a hi-glow green product roll with sweet fructose corn-syrup. Or toast. Photos provided. Not what you would expect from an almost 5-star rated hotel which costs on par with the Radisson. I ask for the shuttle to take me to a restaurant. Yea! Off i go. New driver speaks some English, and drops me between two restaurants, pointing the out in the distance, saying they are good, and he'll be back in an hour. I get out, he drives off. I walk over to both restaurants... yea, closed till noon. Both. Great.

Finally, there is very little signage. If you're coming back from eating around 10pm at night, and walking around looking for it, it's really not super convenient. About a 10 to 15 minute walk from the water front, but it's tucked back from the road and behind some construction, and not a *single* sign. Walked past the access road to it the first time, then had to circle back.

There's a difference between nice people and good service. Are the staff friendly and nice? Totally! Is the room big? Yes! Is the service GOOD? No way. Is the breakfast abysmal? Yes. Will I stay there again? No way. Hello, Radisson!

Room Tip: Good for families that will cook breakfast.
1 Thank SteveInCEE
Capital R, Guest Relations Manager at The Capital Residence Suites, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear SteveninCEE

Thank you for taking the time to review of your recent stay with us at The Capital Residence Suite. We are truly sorry that we did not meet your expectations of the standard quality service that we strive for here at The Capital Residence Suites.

Cleanliness and comfort has been our main mission. We are truly sorry for the unfortunate incident with your shirt. We have spoken to the employee in question and have reiterated the level of service that is required by The Capital Residence Suites.

We are also sorry to hear that your room and breakfast was not up to your expectations. We have decided that our housekeeping is in need of retraining and we have started the training straight away. we truly value your feedback to show and now we understand what areas we need to improve.

Lastly,If you do decide to visit Brunei in the future, I would love to have the opportunity to speak with you directly, so please ask for me and i will personally handle your reservation. you can contact me at majdey.zawawi@capitalresidencesuites.com We hope to see you again in the future and wish you the very best.

Yours Truly,

Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Never in my life had I seen such a great quality of service. The staff is incredibly nice, warm and helpful, ready to fulfill your every request and help you cope with the unforeseen. They litterally walked us one by one with an umbrella when it was raining. Always smiling and kind. We had a very pleasant stay and recommend it heavily.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Charles B,

Firstly, we would like to thank you for leaving the kind words of your recent stay with us at The Capital Residence Suites. It was a pleasure to be in your company and we do hope that we have made the same impression with you and your group.

The team at The Capital Residence Suites are always motivated to fulfill any requests by Guest to the bests of our abilities. We will try to attend to any needs of our guests and make your stay as memorable as possible.

Lastly, The staff and Management of The Capital Residence Suites would like to thank you once again for your feedback and we hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Kathmandu, Nepal
Reviewed July 27, 2014

The management, namely Mr Rani, and his staff of Filipinos and Brunei folk make this stay very special indeed. They arranged to pick me from the ferry port which was 25 klms from the hotel, and also dropped me at the morning Mosque the next day, and drove me also to the Sultan's residence and the national Masjid in the afternoon also. The breakfast was a local specialty; a wonderful dish featuring rice with anchovies and peanuts, toast bread and butter, local cakes, and orange juice. Yum. The rooms are nicely appointed and the wi-fi is quick. TV has a couple of English channels only...the showers are hot and the air-con is cold...nice toiletries in the room also...Couple of niggly issues but not worth mentioning...they will drop you at the airport also free of cost...great service at the CRS makes for a 5 star rating! Very well done

Room Tip: Try a room at the end of the hall as the doors slam very heavily and the sound is quite disconcertin...
Dear Wardysworld2,

Thank you so much for leaving kind words of your recent stay with us at The Capital Residence Suites. We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed your recent visit to Brunei and it is our hope that we contributed a little to making your trip to Brunei memorable.

Our Breakfast consists of Local delicacies which is locally produced and made. The idea is that we are a local brand and we want to project that as much as possible. However, we also cater to special dietary requirements to the best of our abilities.

In regards to the issues you would have faced during your stay with us, we would like to know more about it and i would appreciate if you could email me the details of the issues and i will try to address them as soon as possible.you can contact me at majdey.zawawi@capitalresidencesuites.com

Lastly, onbehalf of the management and staff at The Capital Residence Suites, we would like to thank you once again for the review and we do hope that you will think of us the next time you decide to visit Brunei in the near future.

Nice, France
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Got picked up and dropped of for free! They had the driver drive us around for 2 days for free. from what we heard other hotels charged 35 Brunei dollars per person for a transfer. imagine the savings we made. I especially want to mention Pearl who helped us organize our day tour and our early breakfast. whatever we asked never had a no. Just great service. The best I've seen and I've traveled a lot, 37 countries and counting.
Great value for your money.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Aida B,

Thank you very much for taking time to review your recent stay with us at The Capital Residence Suites. We hope that your stay with us was a memorable to you as it was for us to have been in your company.

We are glad that you have found our Complimentary Airport transfers very convenient. the idea was to provide a hassle-free travel for visitors to Brunei. Our staff is always motivated to hear feedback from our guests and i am sure that it will further motivate them to strive and provide our guests with the best quality service possible.

Lastly, on behalf of all the staff and management here at The Capital Residence Suites,we wish you all the best and we hope that you will think of us the next time you decide to visit Brunei in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bandar Seri Begawan
#5 of 20 in Bandar Seri Begawan
Palm Garden Hotel
Palm Garden Hotel
#8 of 20 in Bandar Seri Begawan

Been to The Capital Residence Suites? Share your experiences!