All reviews coffee facilities both ways night market noise driver sleep beds wifi brunei
Reviewed April 28, 2018 via mobile

Booked this on the basis of lots of 5 star reviews, no idea who was staying here. I was expecting a 2 or 3 star hotel for a 1 night stay the night before departing for a flight from the airport, this place is disgusting. The room is dirty, cob webs everywhere, no soap at the sink, brown stains on the towels, dirty bed skirting and pubes in the bed. The windows and doors are thin with gaps meaning you can hear the traffic from the road all night as if they were open. To add insult to injury, there is also a cockerel in the vicinity. I paid $90 for the room, avoid at all cost, think the must be cheating the trip advisor ratings.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 10, 2018

We were in room 106 from March 7th and we're checking out tomorrow. Overall is great,will comeback again in June. Rianti and ferry helped me get back to my room safely when my back was hurting me. Gina and Maryati is an excellent hotel host, they'll do anything to help me. Highly recommended hotel.

Room Tip: Room facing the front has got it's own balcony and great view. Not too noisy
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 2, 2018

VL does not pretend to be a luxury class hotel but the level of honest and sincere courtesy displayed by the team was exceptional. We would like to offer our very best thanks to Maryati who made the stay so welcoming and interesting. Without her help and the time she spent with us we could never have discovered BSB in the same way. Thank you so much. Thanks also to Grace and the rest of the team! Note to Tripadvisor: the ranking buttons do not work in Safari on my iPad BEFORE preview stage - and that is only for the overall rating.

Room Tip: Choose back of hotel to stay away from road
Stayed: December 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Graham H
Reviewed January 1, 2018

First time, what I liked the most;
1. Friendly & helpful staff even on the phone!! (answering with sincerity)
2. Perfect ambience especially on the Top floor
3. The pool
4. Having your meals by the pool.
5. Was even offered a tour on the types of rooms available which definitely 'kill the cat' for better decision thus worth the money.

The downers;
1. Are all the rooms equipped with mini refrigerators?

Recommendation:
1. Dusting

Room Tip: Definitely the room with a balcony.
  • Stayed: December 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Ian S
Reviewed August 8, 2017 via mobile

Exceptional hospitality , efficiently managed , ultra clean hotel to stay. Although I was there only for two days the staff made me feel at home, highly recommend place to stay in Brunai. Value for money, easy access to the city center, nice Resturant in the vicinity .

Stayed: July 2017, traveled on business