All reviews newly renovated hotel real sense pool area is five star hotel recommend this hotel excellent service bangla banquet lobby luxury taste comfort items meeting dhaka
Selected filters
Reviewed June 8, 2019

Really liked their food and friendly services. We had organised an event in this hotel and the staff was very helpful. The spread of the buffet was really appreciated by our guests. I would recommend this hotel for hosting large events in their banquet halls. The pool side area is also nice to host smaller events.

Date of stay: November 2018
1  Thank TasmiahR
InterContinental-DHK, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Dhaka, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Ms. Tasmiah

Greetings from InterContinental Dhaka.

It is our pleasure to accommodate you at InterContinental Dhaka where we always thrive to consistently provide the best possible service. I would like to personally thank you for your honest feedback.

We are pleased to receive your appreciation. It gives us tremendous joy to know that you had a wonderful experience with us. Exceeding guest expectation is what we desire for. We are glad that you liked our service by our experienced colleagues and we are happy that your guests liked our spread of buffet.

We look very forward to have you back at InterContinental Dhaka soon. Stay connected with us by following our social media channels to know about our ongoing promotional activities.

Guest Relation Manager​

Reviewed May 24, 2019

For the event I came here and and the event place is so nice. I visit all the meeting room and ballroom also so I prefer ballroom most because of member pax is so much. My expectations is always positive and intercontinental worthy for any kind of liability.

Date of stay: May 2019

Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from InterContinental Dhaka!

We are pleased to receive your appreciation. It gives us tremendous joy to know that you had a wonderful experience with us during your corporate events with us. Exceeding guest expectation is what we desire for. We are glad that you loved our meeting room and ballroom which means a lots to us.

Guest Relation Manager

Reviewed May 17, 2019 via mobile

Social Cafe, Is a very excellent place. I visited there first time for some of my work purpose. I just surprised. There ambience is so impressing. I tried coffee which taste was perfect staffs behavior was so welcoming. I wish I will try to take experience of room stay.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed May 8, 2019

InterContinental DHAKA is a newly renovated hotel. It is now one of the best hotels in the city and has a real sense of luxury. Pool area is a great place. The breakfast is really good and delicious with a variety of cuisine. Its staff are very supportive.

Room tip: Pool view rooms
Date of stay: March 2019

Dear Mr. Alamgir,

Greetings from InterContinental Dhaka!

We are pleased to receive your appreciation. It gives us tremendous joy to know that you had a wonderful experience with us. Exceeding guest expectation is what we desire for. We are glad that you loved our delicious food, outdoor swimming pool and overwhelming ambience.

Guest Relation Manager

Reviewed April 26, 2019

When you think about a top 5-star hotel, a swanky reception/lobby and nice restaurants with excellent selection of food in the buffet are the basic things that you'd expect. Unfortunately, this renovated hotel under a new management (changed hands from Sheraton to InterContinental) does not meet that expectation. The reception/lobby area does not have a "WOW" factor and is the smallest I have seen in a 5 star hotel. Therefore, the moment you enter the hotel you kind of have a claustrophobic feeling with narrow corridors. Also, the fact that they've used black tiles in the reception and lobby area doesn't help the ambiance either.

Now comes the food - again the restaurant area seemed relatively small from the hotel of this standard and the food selection was not enough. The decorations and everything was good but you'd expect top quality food (both in terms of taste and preparation) for a hotel of this quality.

All in all, I think for the price you pay, my experience from the reception/lobby and restaurant didn't exactly meet my expectations. With all the hype that was created, I expected this to be my most "grandest" experience in Dhaka.

(I didn't stay in the hotel and was there just for business dinner on a few occasion so can't really review the rooms but hope they're not a disappointment either)

Room tip: Location wise, this is at the heart of Dhaka
Date of stay: February 2019