“Great biryani restaurant located in prime Gulshan area!”

Handi Indian Bistro Restaurant
Ranked #117 of 839 Restaurants in Dhaka City
Reviewed April 11, 2019

This restaurant serves good biryani in set venues for lunch and good place to have lunch if you are in the Gulshan area. The place is well decorated although the washrooms could be better done up. Having said that will recommend the chicken & the mutton biryani.

Date of visit: April 2019

Reviewed September 23, 2018

When you pay 250 TK for a hydrabadi biriani you expect the value of same. I was served with rotten food. When i asked manger to change it he just didnot take care. Lots of waiter who just dont know what to do, they are looking to you all the time standing in from of the reception. Price is very much expensive. Butter chicken was fair but price again was very high. The place is congested. I opted for gulshan branch.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed February 14, 2018 via mobile

Called in for a quick bite. Place was fairly empty but it was only 6.30.
Service was great -and very particular in confirming the order.
Then the food arrived - huge bowl of rice - very tasty i must say.
But i ordered chicken karai - it was a boring sauce and bones - hardly any chicken meat and all parts if the chicken. Very disappointing.
There are many Resteraunts around Banani to be tried before i go back for a second meal.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed January 19, 2018 via mobile

I was really disappointed with my visit . This restaurant use to be one of my favorite places to go. Every time I go the place seems to degrade. In the beginning they had proper menus with lots of dishes to choose from. The menu now is in plastic and they hardly have any items.

Anyway we ordered a platter of kebabs. All the kebabs you can think off, paneer makhani, Raita, garlic Naan, butter naan. It doesn’t sound like much right? The waiter didn’t bring our water . I asked another waiter and then he disappeared ? All our food arrived but no raita. We kept asking. They then told us it would take time? Our food arrived but the raita would take long? It seemed silly! Anyway the raita finally came out after a long wait and our kebabs were cold. The service was really bad. I can understand if they were busy. The place was practically empty.

As for the facilities it was disgusting. The toilets were really bad. I don’t remember it being so bad. I think they have stopped maintenance.

As for the food. The food was amazing as always. I come back time and time again for the food. It’s a shame about the staff and facilities. It has a lot of potential!

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed August 28, 2017

Indian food with a bit of Bangladeshi touch.
Overall worth eating here.
Indians will not be disappointed for sure.

Date of visit: August 2017