“Reliable, clean, high quality but smoky and expensive”

Lakeshore Hotel & Apartments
Ranked #7 of 81 Hotels in Dhaka City
Manila, Manila, Philippines
“Reliable, clean, high quality but smoky and expensive”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

After 2 weeks, I was happy with the end result, enough to come back.
Though a bad start getting a smoky room. Second room got smoky later due to a centralized A/C.
My 3rd room was ok. The whole foyer/coffee shop are very smoky though.
Food excellent, BF very good variation, though local dishes not impressing. Gym excellent.
Strugling with construction next door but only loud being on the rooftop at the pool.
Expensive in comparison, but not too much to return.

Room Tip: Beware of smoky conditions and nonsmoking rooms, plus book well in advance.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Bo J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed June 28, 2013

This is one of the best hotel in Dhaka, located in diplomatic area. Staff is very friendly & good service. Food is OK, but you can ask the hotel manager if you are looking for something specific. In terms of area, this is not a big hotel with large open space and green surroundings but they have all the basic facilities to make your stay perfect.

Room size : They have several options available as per your pocket!!!
Facilities: Sauna, GYM, WIFI - Internet, all basic enemeties.

Best part is that this hotel is very clean & well managed.

I recommend for all the travellers- specially for long staying guests!!

Room Tip: Lake view rooms ... Try to opt rooms with balcony
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Vishal S
Shuhita E, Manager at Lakeshore Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
It is correct that we are trying to adapt to the needs of our guests as precisely as possible. If you are suffering some kind of craving for a particular kind of food which is not on the menu we are happy to prepare it. Also other preferences will be taken care of. We are a hotel which tries to cater to your particular needs in order to make you feel, comfortable, safe and well taken care off. We are aware that most of our guests are visiting Dhaka for working purposes, so we see ourselves like your local personal support team which is 24 hours available. Thank you for choosing us and please come back!

Calgary
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I stay here regularly as I'm working on a long term project in Bangladesh, the hotel is consider to be of the higher end category but I would stop short of considering it as a 5 Star. The facility is very modern and well kept for local standards. The rooms are comfortable and adequately appointed, but perhaps not of the standards of hotels of similar class and price in other countries of this region of the world. The food and the restaurant is good but not spectacular, consideration has to be given for where you're at. Service is probably the best part of the hotel, the staff is very eager to please and as the hotel charges a serice fee they do not hang around expecting a tip.

My only complaint is the price, only reason I'm giving it the rating I am is that my employer pays the bill, if I had to pay for it myself I probably wouldn't stay here. Dollar for dollar you'd get a much better room in most parts of the world than what you'd get here, but I don't think this is unique to just this hotel in Dhaka, but the norm here. My only explanation is that it seems the market for hotels of standards to suit foreign visitors are not in great supply, there are some higher end hotels such as the Westin or the Radisson and there're also cheaper facilites that cater to foreign visitors, but they're just as unjustifiably priced for what you get in a country where everything else is dirt cheap.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank dma64
Thank you very much for your kind comment. We hope that you will always return to our hotel when you are in Dhaka. I appreciate also your consideration with our short comings. Regarding the rates in Dhaka I only want to mention that the demand for rooms in Dhaka is higher than the availability and therefore the rates overall are higher then in other capitals of South East Asia. This situation will change in future when more hotels will open the doors. We are here for serving you happily!

New Yorker in Washington State
Reviewed May 21, 2013

The staff were so accommodating. The breakfast buffet was abundant with eastern and western fare that was an epicurean delight!
Request a room facing the lake, I didn't and had a view of a construction site. Great secure environment.

• Stayed March 2013
Shuhita E, Manager at Lakeshore Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Thank you very much for your superb comment. It makes us really proud and happy. The motivational effect is incredible; it feels like a ray of sunlight on a clouded day. We truly hope to welcome you again soon.

Quito
Reviewed May 11, 2013

My wife and I stayed in the Lakeshore for ten days in April 2013 and our experience could not have been better. Lisa Lindner, its manager, is obviously highly experienced, and she aims for and achieves the highest quality of infrastructure, service and food. The rooms are well-appointed and some of them have a great view of the lake behind the hotel. Lindner has trained the staff to create and atmosphere of friendliness and professionalism that I have never seen before in any of the many hotels in which I have stayed around the world. The food is varied but always excellent. Riots were occurring in other parts of Dhaka, but the Lakeshore is close to some of Dhaka's best stores for Bangladesh's fantastically beautiful traditional clothes and jewelry so we were able to shop. All in all, the Lakeshore is an excellent choice for a hotel in Dhaka,

Room Tip: The larger, executive suites on the lake side of the hotel cost somewhat more but are very comfortab...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Shuhita E, Manager at Lakeshore Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear Edna, dear Bruce,

Les mandamos muchos saludos cariñosos a Quito! Thank you very much for your generous comment. We are very happy to know that you felt comfortable during your stay and the positive feedback encourages us to continue with our efforts to welcome guests from all over the world on the highest possible standards. We all hope that you will come back to Dhaka in order to explore more of the beauty of Bangladesh!

Muchos saludos,

Croydon, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 28, 2013

From the moment you get to the door, you are warmly greeted. The hotel is fantastic and the food is amazing. The bar is stylish and offers international cocktails. It is currently no.1 hotel in Dhaka according to trip advisor because the hotel boasts 5 star service and quality! My good friend Ms Liisa Lindner is running the hotel and in my opinion the best GM in the country. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank NoelofCroydon
Shuhita E, Manager at Lakeshore Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Thank you very much for your positive comment regarding our hotel. It is true that our focus of being very service oriented is rewarded with enchanting comments of our guests. To us it
is very important to maintain our team spirit on the highest and most positive level because the people working in hotels are the ones defining the real category of the hotel. The stars of a hotel are not as important as the hearts beating for it.

Rochester, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I stayed at the Lakeshore for about a month. It is a small hotel (only 60 rooms), with a very intimate, comfortably stylish and contemporary atmosphere. With very friendly staff, who knew my name and took great care of me, it started to feel like home - only better! Rooms are very comfortable. Bed, desk and excellent free internet are great for when you're on a 24/7 schedule. Lakeshore's food is great - I was lucky enough to be there for the Bangladeshi New Year, when the hotel put on a lavish buffet of Bangladeshi food, which was just fabulous (and complementary for hotel guests). Breakfasts offered full range of western and asian food - I loved the curries and paratha - and the "squeezed in front of you" orange juice. There's a great coffee shop in the lobby, for when you need to escape your room. Beer in the mini-bar is rather expensive (>$8), but a special offer was brought in, that with luck, will become permanent. There's a gym that looks good, but I opted for the roof top pool, which is lovely and just big enough to get some exercise and gives very nice views over that part of the city. The hotel is within easy walking distance of numerous nice restaurants, supermarket, pharmacy and shops. Lakeshore is beyond my personal budget, but gratefully within that of my host agency. Located back off the road, it was seen as a very secure hotel option, in Bangladeshi's currently turbulent times.

Room Tip: Rooms 1-4 on each floor currently face a construction site. Its not noisy, but there are workmen wa...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Shuhita E, Manager at Lakeshore Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
I find it wonderful that you showed through your comments that also a boutique hotel can cater to long staying guests without being boring. That you declared us officially your home in Dhaka is a special honor for us and the only thing we can tell you Catherine is please come back home soon. We are waiting for you.