“5 Star Service & Experience!”

Lakeshore Hotel & Apartments
Ranked #7 of 83 Hotels in Dhaka City
Reviewed April 28, 2013

From the moment you get to the door, you are warmly greeted. The hotel is fantastic and the food is amazing. The bar is stylish and offers international cocktails. It is currently no.1 hotel in Dhaka according to trip advisor because the hotel boasts 5 star service and quality! My good friend Ms Liisa Lindner is running the hotel and in my opinion the best GM in the country. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank NoelofCroydon
Shuhita E, Manager at Lakeshore Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Thank you very much for your positive comment regarding our hotel. It is true that our focus of being very service oriented is rewarded with enchanting comments of our guests. To us it
is very important to maintain our team spirit on the highest and most positive level because the people working in hotels are the ones defining the real category of the hotel. The stars of a hotel are not as important as the hearts beating for it.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

I stayed at the Lakeshore for about a month. It is a small hotel (only 60 rooms), with a very intimate, comfortably stylish and contemporary atmosphere. With very friendly staff, who knew my name and took great care of me, it started to feel like home - only better! Rooms are very comfortable. Bed, desk and excellent free internet are great for when you're on a 24/7 schedule. Lakeshore's food is great - I was lucky enough to be there for the Bangladeshi New Year, when the hotel put on a lavish buffet of Bangladeshi food, which was just fabulous (and complementary for hotel guests). Breakfasts offered full range of western and asian food - I loved the curries and paratha - and the "squeezed in front of you" orange juice. There's a great coffee shop in the lobby, for when you need to escape your room. Beer in the mini-bar is rather expensive (>$8), but a special offer was brought in, that with luck, will become permanent. There's a gym that looks good, but I opted for the roof top pool, which is lovely and just big enough to get some exercise and gives very nice views over that part of the city. The hotel is within easy walking distance of numerous nice restaurants, supermarket, pharmacy and shops. Lakeshore is beyond my personal budget, but gratefully within that of my host agency. Located back off the road, it was seen as a very secure hotel option, in Bangladeshi's currently turbulent times.

Room Tip: Rooms 1-4 on each floor currently face a construction site. Its not noisy, but there are workmen wa...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Shuhita E, Manager at Lakeshore Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

I find it wonderful that you showed through your comments that also a boutique hotel can cater to long staying guests without being boring. That you declared us officially your home in Dhaka is a special honor for us and the only thing we can tell you Catherine is please come back home soon. We are waiting for you.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Have stayed over 4 month's in the Lake Shore hotel and apartments in Dhaka Bangladesh for business in Dhaka. Rooms are very pleasant and well equipt, staff is very friendly and helpfull. The hotel have a swimmingpool on top of the building, good restaurant with a chef who will prepare dinner outsite the a la cart menue the Japanese dinner he prepares is of a high standard and for a reasonable price. The General Manager of the hotel is a very charming lady who knows how to make her guests feel at home.

If you ever travel to Dhaka Bangladesh I could highly recomment the Lake Shore hotel and apartments for your best stay in Dhaka.

Room Tip: Ask for the lake view room and enjoy the panorama over the lake
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

We truly appreciate your positive comment and we are specially happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! A 4 month long stay in our hotel definitely made you part of our Lakeshore family.
Please don't forget us and come and visit us soon.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

The Lakeshore is a beautiful oasis in the middle of crazy Dhaka. The rooms are modern and have everything a business traveller needs, the service is impeccable, and the internet and electricity are working without 24/7. The food is delicious and the rooftop pool offers a georgeous view over the skyline of Dhaka. I would also like to mention that I paid significantly less than the price that is displayed in the Trip Advisor search. I would definitely come back to the Lakeshore when in Bangladesh again.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Shuhita E, Manager at Lakeshore Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

We are delighted to read that we were able to provide you with the services you were looking for. It pleases us specially that you perceive our service level on the high standard you did because we are very passionate to be at your service. We are all looking forward to welcoming you soon again.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

My family and I lived in the Lakeshore for 6 weeks when arriving in Dhaka, Staff at the hotel made sure that my 3 year old son was well looked after! They quickly adapted to my son's food tastes and even created a menu for him. The room staff adapted themselves to our timetable of when to clean the room and it was always spotless. Liisa the manager was incredibly helpful with information about Dhaka and how to find items the family needed and also cultural tips.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Shuhita E, Manager at Lakeshore Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

We are aware that living in a hotel with children can be a nightmare for parents and also for the youngsters. Therefore we are trying to pay them special attention. Children make our life happier and therefore they are always welcome in our hotel.

With my best wishes,

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Reviews

Lake Shore Hotel

I feel I have finally found the Holy Grail of hotels in Bangladesh. Or maybe this is more of a Goldilocks story and I found the hotel that was "just right."

I had previously stayed at the Westin (you can see my reviews). The Westin - big, high end, no wireless in the rooms except for on the top floors, very expensive food and services. The Sarina - Great service, worn-out hotel, no wireless in the room.

The Lake Shore was such a refreshing change. The staff working there was lovely - friendly and helpful without being overly solicitous. A really nice balance. The room was clean, modern, and in good shape. I slept very well in the comfy bed. The water pressure was good, although I suspect they were having some plumbing problems. There was one day that the water came out of the faucet brown. Just as I was leaving the management sent out a note that they were working on the plumbing. The breakfast buffet was GREAT! There was a lot of fresh fruit - unlimited pomegranate (!), sweet pineapples, juicy watermelon - an assortment of cheeses, pastries, eggs any way you wish, loads of hot dishes, etc. There was also a very good cafe in the lobby. Speaking of the lobby - it was bright and clean. A very nice place for meetings with colleagues. And... free wireless in the rooms!! All in all, I liked the Lake Shore a lot and look forward to coming back on my next trip to Dhaka.

Room Tip: The first floor rooms were a bit noisy.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

We are overwhelmed by your comment and we are specially happy that you perceive that our employees are prepared and happy to serve and that the overall ambiance of the hotel is a pleasant one. We are trying to maintain the infrastructure and the services always up to date and are therefore always grateful for your valuable comments.
We are looking forward to welcoming you soon again.

With my best wishes,

Reviewed April 4, 2013

I have stayed here several times and am always happy with the Lakeshore. The staff is one of the best I have experienced, always friendly and accommodating. The food is excellent and the location is very convenient.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Shuhita E, Manager at Lakeshore Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

We are delighted to hear that you stayed several times with us because we know that you are one of our loyal guests and that through your presence and your comments you contribute to the development of our hotel. It will be always wonderful to have you back with us in future.