“Staff Performence”

Ranked #3 of 78 Hotels in Dhaka City
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Staff Performence”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

I would like to have your attention towrads one of you staff Mizan. I meat him during my breakfast and I found him very well behaved, well dressed. During the breakfast he came and offer me for cappuccino. I was imporessed with his overall service.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
WestinDhaka, General Manager at The Westin Dhaka, responded to this review, May 5, 2014

Welcome to Renewal!

Thank you for sparing the time and writing a review regarding your stay at The Westin Dhaka!
We are glad to know that your stay with us was at par with your expectations. It is wonderful to know that your stay with us was made hospitable and relaxing with the services provided by our associates. Your special mention of our team member will definitely be conveyed to him.

We will certainly look forward to your next visit and thank you for your patronage.

Best Regards
The Westin Dhaka

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Muscat, Oman
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

I have stayed there for two night in Mar 14 ..it was a peaceful stay .......very helpful frend desk and travel desk... rooms was neat and clean......if i going back to Dhaka i will stay in the same property

Room Tip: Better to stay in the higher floors because of the mosqitos in Dhaka
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Deepujt

Welcome to Renewal!

Many thanks for staying at The Westin Dhaka and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

We are indeed glad to know that your stay with us was peaceful and up to the mark. It is nice to know that you found our rooms comfortable and clean which could add value to your stay. Your kind words of appreciation will be shared with our associates that will motivate them to continue performing to the best of their abilities. At Westin, we strive to provide a ‘Feel Well’ experience and your testimony is proof that we have succeeded in our endeavours.

We value your patronage and look forward to serving you with our hospitality on your next visit.

Best Regards
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

Stayed 13 nights. Moved from Radisson Blu due to more live and activities in CBD area. Completely regret from Day1 to Day13. Equally costly.

Faulty Room door.
Assigned to a room with no proper locking. My room can be accessed by anyone as the entire electronic lock is not functioning. Shock to death. Highlight to front desk and managed to change a new room. Before changed no one belief it till I have to drag the person to my room and demo it. Seek to talk with Duty Manager never bother to follow up as I was not be able to reach on that day. Wrote a complaint email to SPG, being lectured as I am a complete idiot doesn't know how to operate an electronic door.

Room Dining Menu
Watch out on your bill as you can be billed wrongly. Always check the items and amount in the room dining menu and the physical bill you sign when food delivered. Happened twice and gave up, as the 1st time, they admit the mistake and I ordered the same item on my last days. Spotted the mistake again and looks like this hotel management can't be bother to make correction and fallen to deaf ears. So called we will improve and customer feedback is utmost. Completely reversed.

Laundry bill
Always request the guest copy once you send any laundry and check the amount charged in the guest copy will be different on the check out bill. Reason due to computer round up. Another lame excuse.

Wrote to SPG and they have packaged their answer like I am a complete idiot and demand a further advise been silence till then (as of now about 3 weeks). This shows a very unprofessional hospitality management team at this premises.

My advise, watch out the 3 items I mentioned. The rest are fine but not that great as there are limited choices of 5 starts hotel.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank LOIWY
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

The hotel is one of the best in Dhaka, good rooms, nice restaurants, effective service except the value for Money. It is too expensive compared to its standard. In any other country, same standard of hotel will be available in half the price

Room Tip: Corner rooms are larger. Don't select rooms adjacent to Elevator, otherwise you will hear lift m...
1 Thank AjaySomani
WestinDhaka, General Manager at The Westin Dhaka, responded to this review, March 19, 2014

Welcome to Renewal!

Thanks for staying with us at The Westin Dhaka and sharing your valuable feedback on TripAdvisor.

It is good to know that your stay with us was delightful and comfortable and that you were happy with the services and facilities provided to you. We thank you for appreciating our rooms and restaurants at the hotel and are glad that they were to your liking. Your kind words will be shared with our associates that will motivate them to continue performing to the best of their abilities. Our Prices are set as per hospitality industry standards, after extensive research.

We will look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel and thank you for your patronage.

Dhaka City, Bangladesh
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

I have been staying at the Radisson for months but needed a change. I had a meeting in the area so thought I would stay at the Westin the one night and try it out in case I decided to move there for my next long stay. When I checked in on the 24th of Feb, the front desk clerk did a strong sales pitch to pay $100 extra to get a Club room. I said no and he persisted, lowered the fee to $80 saying my friend and I would love the Club lounge. Like dah - I've been in countless ones, but I thought we could have a few cocktails, so I thought why not.
We get up there at 1915 - it closes at 1930, and this nasty model type host glares at us walking in and then a minute later stands in front of my me saying I could not bring a guest in. Well gee how do you know he is not in my room? I said, I don't think so and he almost pulled the second beer out of my hand and said you'll have to pay for it in a fairly loud voice. The waiter was aghast and said let me get you something while the host disappeared - for only a minute and he was back saying again there is a charge for a guest.
So at 1940 we're leaving - having drunk a total of 2 Corunna's and one Screwdriver between us, and he jumps up from the Concierge desk and accosts me at the elevator to say that there is a 4000 taka fee for the friends visit. I said fine - if my friend wasn't with me I would have told him to bugger off, and he comes back to us at the elevator insisting I sign the form! My friend says is this normal? I said no, not for Bangladeshi's who have a wonderful service ethic.
On checking out at 0500, I saw that I had dropped $500 USD on dinner etc. and that was using my points + cash for a 12 hour stay! Needless to say I am back at the Radisson and have no intention of crossing the Westin's doorstep again in Dhaka.
Funny how the sales guy approached our group a few months ago asking as to stay at his property as we provide 100s of room nights between us. Thankfully we didn't,, because as nice as all the other staff were in the hotel, one ignorant savage in the Club lounge is all you need to ruin one's stay. Bye bye Westin!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
5 Thank Lewis R
Pune, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

This is hotel in the center of the city. The upmarket Gulshan 1 and 2 areas make it little steep in price. But generally Dhaka hotels are very expensive. This hotel is near to lot of restaurents and clubs of European countries. Like the Nordic club, the Dutch club.

The staff is caring and warm and especially at the breakfast room staff is very attentive and they remember you likes and dislikes. So you get your favourite things on your table by the time you fill your plate with breakfast. Mizan is one the dudes in the Restaurent who took care of my breakfast needs very well.

If you are looking for a qood quality suits for cheaper price there is a tailor on the ground floor, who would give stitch your suit in 24 hours! That too perfect cuts and edges and also sells fabric!

1 Thank RahulNene1
WestinDhaka, General Manager at The Westin Dhaka, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear Guest,

Renewed Greetings from The Westin Dhaka!

We thank you for staying at The Westin Dhaka and sharing your feedback with us on TripAdvisor.

It is pleasing to know that your stay with us was refreshing and relaxing. We thank you for appreciating the efforts of our associates and will share your experience with them. This will motivate them to continue performing to the best of their abilities. At Westin, we try to provide our guests with personalized services and your review confirms that we have succeeded in our endeavors. We would like to inform you that our pricing is set as per the hospitality standards.

We look forward to welcoming you and thank you for your patronage.

Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

This hotel is my only choice when on my frequent trips to Dhaka, its located conviently near to my cenues and not to far from the airpot. It rates itself 5* but is more an international 4* star arrangement.

The Hotel itself is quite good but the service and some maintenance are beyond 5 star quality

The staff is typical Bangaleshi, ignorant, not very helpful and the term "customer is king" no one heard before.

The rooms are clean and equipped with standard Westin furniture, good bed, nice bathroom (eventough some of the showerheads are broken). As a leak of service again, some amneties are missing. So do most of the rooms do not have a hair dryer and the mini bar is a joke. The wifi reception is quite good as every room got his own wifi router.

The Gym is pretty nice, a lot of facilities, modern and clean. That might be the reason why it gets crowded in the evening, in fairness, there is nothing to do in Dhaka, so that might be another reason.

The breakfast buffet is good but nothing special, usual american breakfast stuff you will find in a resonable quality.

On the 23rd floor there is the club lounge located. Here you got a live band arrangement evry night, cute little Filipino Band with good sound. BUT BE CAREFUL, if you get one of the rooms on the higher floor like 22nd or 21st on the wrong side of the wing you can sing the songs together with them. its so anoyingly loud that you might have problems to sleep.

The noiselevel at this hotel is a problem in general. The road noise gets into eny room and the aircons are quite loud too. in some of the rooms you also got some noise cause by some electrical equipment in some service rooms.

Overall i would say the hotel is quite pricy but you dont have many coices in Dhaka so it might be the most reasonable option.

Room Tip: Be careful of the rooms near the club floor, band at night is very loud and you will clearly hear th...
1 Thank RandyRacoon99
Dear Guest,

Renewed Greetings from The Westin Dhaka!

We thank you for staying with us at our hotel in Dhaka and sharing your valuable feedback on TripAdvisor.

Situated in the new business district, we are in proximity to shopping malls, foreign missions, restaurants, private clubs and multinationals. Our guests can relax, revive and experience renewal at The Westin Dhaka. We are glad that the rooms, gym and amenities were at par with your expectations. However, we have noted your concerns regarding the service maintenance, behaviour of the associates, and sound proofing. We assure you that corrective measures will be taken to improve the future experience of our guests.

We hope that we will be able to provide you a better experience on your next visit.

Thank you!